Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

*Already posted this in the transfer thread, but should still talk about his performances in here

He was a bit quieter 2nd half, but he looked well on his way back to his normal self in the 1st half:

30 yard low corner shot that got a good save out of Raya

Brilliant little dinked cross for Maddisons header which went just wide

25 yard shot off the post

Got stuck in as well in the middle of the park; 8 ball recoveries, 4 ground duels won, 5 aerials duels won, 2 tackles

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think the way forward is offering him a new contract with a reasonable minimum release clause in it. It protects us and him.

Yeah maybe. If we sell Fofana, a small payrise and a £25-£30m release.

He gets a huge signing on fee if he goes out of contract though. So we'd have to pay up.

Edited by Bryn

On 13/06/2022 at 10:31, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I'm Catholic and American. The first time Brigham Young University beat Notre Dame, I had an existential crisis!

Truly awful religion,  nazi supporters in the 30s, then theres the paedo cover ups,  prior to all that is the crusades and all the slaughtering ,  but crack on and indulge in how great it is

11 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Truly awful religion,  nazi supporters in the 30s, then theres the paedo cover ups,  prior to all that is the crusades and all the slaughtering ,  but crack on and indulge in how great it is

You’d better say a few Hail Marys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure what you mean in this instance!!!

If he lets his contract run down and becomes a free agent the buying club don't have to pay a transfer fee, so the player can demand a higher signing on fee than normal, you're talking several million.

11 minutes ago, Bryn said:

If he lets his contract run down and becomes a free agent the buying club don't have to pay a transfer fee, so the player can demand a higher signing on fee than normal, you're talking several million.

I really don’t think his last year and this year he will be wanted by the clubs he thinks. He’s too slow and poor fitness to play for a top top side 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bryn said:

....it is the last part of your post which threw me!!!

He gets a huge signing-on fee if he goes out of contract though. So we'd have to pay up.

On 13/06/2022 at 10:31, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I'm Catholic and American. The first time Brigham Young University beat Notre Dame, I had an existential crisis!

Now knowing you’re American, I’m literally hearing the mispronunciation of Notre Dame in my head from this message!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is the last part of your post which threw me!!!

He gets a huge signing-on fee if he goes out of contract though. So we'd have to pay up.

As in he’d likely want a lot of money to sign even with a release clause cause he’s losing out on that money.

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Now knowing you’re American, I’m literally hearing the mispronunciation of Notre Dame in my head from this message!

That’s how the name of that particular school is pronounced, it doesn’t matter if the poster is American or not.

9 hours ago, The_77 said:

That’s how the name of that particular school is pronounced, it doesn’t matter if the poster is American or not.

Never actually knew that... would Americans pronounce Notre Dame in Paris the same way or the correct way?

12 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Quasimodo predicted all this

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Never actually knew that... would Americans pronounce Notre Dame in Paris the same way or the correct way?

Founded by a French religious order and its sports team mascot is “The Fightin’ Irish”, so yeah, things are a little mixed up down there, to be fair. 

The cathedral would be pronounced the French way…but I’m sure there are a few geniuses who go over and use the university’s pronunciation, which fully justifies why Parisians have an attitude with tourists. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Founded by a French religious order and its sports team mascot is “The Fightin’ Irish”, so yeah, things are a little mixed up down there, to be fair. 

The cathedral would be pronounced the French way…but I’m sure there are a few geniuses who go over and use the university’s pronunciation, which fully justifies why Parisians have an attitude with tourists. lol

Being here when the real thing set alight was awful. Had to turn off the news.

NoDeR dAyMe

50 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

'Poor fitness'?!

He's 25 and he's already played 412 games! Played almost every game for us & the Belgian national side for about 3 years in a row!

The way some fans look at him you'd think he was Matt shitting Oakley.

Whole attitude to Tielemans on this forum just stinks of 'I didn't fancy her anyway'.  

He’s got durability and resilience re his general fitness. But I’m talking about in game fitness - as highlighted by how slow he is and easily gets pushed off the ball. Perhaps you also highlight how he’s probably been overplayed in the last 3 years or so.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1