Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Being here when the real thing set alight was awful. Had to turn off the news.

NoDeR dAyMe

In the States? Oh, wow, I don’t remember hearing it pronounced like that on the news or anyone pronouncing it that way in conversation— someone would think the university’s stadium was on fire and there’d be some real panic!

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Good luck asking for directions if you’re ever in South Bend, Indiana! lol

Once I've finished hearing them do 5 minutes of "British" accent which is generally just some mental sounding version of cockney. I'll try and do my best hick accent when asking :D

Just now, filbertway said:

Once I've finished hearing them do 5 minutes of "British" accent which is generally just some mental sounding version of cockney. I'll try and do my best hick accent when asking :D

Fair enough lol

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

'Poor fitness'?!

He's 25 and he's already played 412 games! Played almost every game for us & the Belgian national side for about 3 years in a row!

The way some fans look at him you'd think he was Matt shitting Oakley.

Whole attitude to Tielemans on this forum just stinks of 'I didn't fancy her anyway'.  

He's not fancied us for 14 months either

• Haha 1

Those figures don't surprise me. Some of Youri's passing was top drawer, with better finishing we could have at least drawn. Still, if is central to life.

Sure, he's not the quickest, can be clumsy in the tackle and can give the ball away but when he gets it right, he's a class act. His vision, his reading of the game... he's up there.

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was our best player on Saturday. I could even go as far as saying he was the best player on the pitch.

As I said in the ratings and post match thread; if his team mates could finish then he'd have left the game with at least 3 assists. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

He was our best player on Saturday. I could even go as far as saying he was the best player on the pitch.

As I said in the ratings and post match thread; if his team mates could finish then he'd have left the game with at least 3 assists. 

Ran the midfield on Sautrday Youri, Barnes, KDH and Justin played very well also Evans 

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

To be fair to him, his performances are getting better and he genuinely gives his all. Top bloke. 

He wasn’t great last night but then he spent half the game covering at right back to allow our right back to try and be creative in the positions that youri could have been in to be creative ……

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hales said:

Message from Youri this morning

Screenshot_20220902-093100_Instagram.jpg

All starting to sound a bit like a Micky Adams interview after yet another loss. What did he used to say?

"well they're a good bunch of lads and we're working hard on the training ground etc etc"  

He became manager after Bassett quit. From The Mercury

"Bassett quit when it was clear he couldn’t keep City in the Premier League. A mixture of failed signings and apathy had caught up with the club"

Hate to say it but all a sounding a bit like today.

Edited by reynard

Really should have sold him last summer IMO. We probably wouldn't have spunked money on Soumare if we knew he was staying, and all the will he or won't go drama hasn't helped anyone. 

Not getting the best out of him in the current system. Yes he has his flaws but we need to focus everything around him and Maddison.

Youri has had a reality check.  His level of play has dipped and no club wanted to pay his wages and a 25m fee.

Imo his agent can see what's on the table in jan... and one offer should be a signing fee and contract from lcfc.  That way he can see what are his options for fee   wages and cl ootball. 

We cant offer cl football so our wages and fee should be on be high side

Edited by foxinsocks

Youri's a professional, and a classy footballer. I've no doubt his use of "staff" is meant in an entirely inclusive way and meant to indicate that all are working on the problems. The fact he effectively broke cover suggests to me that the players are very much aware of the unrest and unease at the moment and he's trying to reassure.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Youri's a professional, and a classy footballer. I've no doubt his use of "staff" is meant in an entirely inclusive way and meant to indicate that all are working on the problems. The fact he effectively broke cover suggests to me that the players are very much aware of the unrest and unease at the moment and he's trying to reassure.

The players are not the issue for me, it's the manager as soon as he gets sacked the players can play with a renewed sense of freedom, and get the wins on the board.

• Like 1