Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

The fans were a bit OTT at times last night. Booing every backwards pass even when it allowed us to set up an attack. I think this post is essentially saying "back off the negativity a little as it's stifling us on the field." I don't think it'd make much difference but that's my reading of it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Youri has had a reality check.  His level of play has dipped and no club wanted to pay his wages and a 25m fee.

Imo his agent can see what's on the table in jan... and one offer should be a signing fee and contract from lcfc.  That way he can see what are his options for fee   wages and cl ootball. 

We cant offer cl football so our wages and fee should be on be high side

40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thought he had a poor one last night

His effort has been 100% this season, cannot fault him for that. Made a few mistakes yesterday but not as many as others and he put a shift in.

What also showed me that he is up to it was that he was leading on the pitch, constantly trying to fire the players up (in particular after a long ball to the wing missed Maddison comfortably, heads went down and Youri was trying to pick everyone up). He is still a major addition to our squad.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

His effort has been 100% this season, cannot fault him for that. Made a few mistakes yesterday but not as many as others and he put a shift in.

What also showed me that he is up to it was that he was leading on the pitch, constantly trying to fire the players up (in particular after a long ball to the wing missed Maddison comfortably, heads went down and Youri was trying to pick everyone up). He is still a major addition to our squad.

point is... next summer his contract is up and we should make him a competitive offer accepting we have no cl football

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

point is... next summer his contract is up and we should make him a competitive offer accepting we have no cl football

Absolutely yes. It would be a shame to lose him on a free but not sure how likely it is that he will sign another contract knowing he will have a list of clubs to choose from next summer.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Absolutely yes. It would be a shame to lose him on a free but not sure how likely it is that he will sign another contract knowing he will have a list of clubs to choose from next summer.

Effectiveky he hoes on a free.  Just as others can bid to sign him as a bew player then so can we

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Bit harsh, he’s never thrown his toys out of the pram like others and clearly has a wise head on his shoulders. If you were in his position you’d also be willing to see what else is on offer. Here is a respected player asking for our support, so the players at the very least deserve that. 

Remember a few games ago when ‘his head wasn’t in it?’ Exactly the same as Fofana in that sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12701543/youri-tielemans-admits-life-is-tough-at-premier-league-bottom-club-leicester-but-does-not-regret-staying-at-the-club

Tielemans: It's tough at Leicester - I don't regret staying

Youri Tielemans has admitted that life is "tough" at Leicester right now, with the club bottom of the Premier League table.

The Foxes have only picked up one point from their opening seven top-flight matches, having lost six matches in a row. Recent 5-2 and 6-2 defeats away at Brighton and Tottenham respectively have increased the pressure on under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers.

Tielemans' focus now turns to securing a spot in the Belgium squad ahead of this winter's World Cup in Qatar - but the Leicester midfielder says it is difficult to get his club's poor domestic form out of his head while on international duty.

"I'm happy to get a bit of fresh air here [with Belgium] because it's tough at Leicester right now," the midfielder said in a Belgium press conference. "It's clear that things are not going well at the club. We are doing everything we can as a team."

"At Leicester, the consecutive defeats have affected us as a group. We need to benefit from this break to recharge our batteries. It's hard to get it off my mind as it keeps running through my head. Only my kids sometimes prevent me from thinking about it."

Tielemans was linked to a move away from Leicester, with current Premier League leaders Arsenal keen on the 25-year-old before that interest cooled later in the summer.

The Belgian midfielder's contract at Leicester expires at the end of this season but he opted to remain at the King Power Stadium for the current campaign.

Tielemans insists he has no regrets about that decision to stay, despite the club's lowly league position.

"I'm not going to speak too much about my contract situation at the moment," he added. "I didn't leave Leicester in the summer as I always said the project had to be the right one."

"Just because things are getting worse now at Leicester doesn't mean I should regret [staying]."

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12701543/youri-tielemans-admits-life-is-tough-at-premier-league-bottom-club-leicester-but-does-not-regret-staying-at-the-club

Tielemans: It's tough at Leicester - I don't regret staying

Youri Tielemans has admitted that life is "tough" at Leicester right now, with the club bottom of the Premier League table.

The Foxes have only picked up one point from their opening seven top-flight matches, having lost six matches in a row. Recent 5-2 and 6-2 defeats away at Brighton and Tottenham respectively have increased the pressure on under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers.

Tielemans' focus now turns to securing a spot in the Belgium squad ahead of this winter's World Cup in Qatar - but the Leicester midfielder says it is difficult to get his club's poor domestic form out of his head while on international duty.

"I'm happy to get a bit of fresh air here [with Belgium] because it's tough at Leicester right now," the midfielder said in a Belgium press conference. "It's clear that things are not going well at the club. We are doing everything we can as a team."

"At Leicester, the consecutive defeats have affected us as a group. We need to benefit from this break to recharge our batteries. It's hard to get it off my mind as it keeps running through my head. Only my kids sometimes prevent me from thinking about it."

Tielemans was linked to a move away from Leicester, with current Premier League leaders Arsenal keen on the 25-year-old before that interest cooled later in the summer.

The Belgian midfielder's contract at Leicester expires at the end of this season but he opted to remain at the King Power Stadium for the current campaign.

Tielemans insists he has no regrets about that decision to stay, despite the club's lowly league position.

"I'm not going to speak too much about my contract situation at the moment," he added. "I didn't leave Leicester in the summer as I always said the project had to be the right one."

"Just because things are getting worse now at Leicester doesn't mean I should regret [staying]."

I’ve been his biggest advocate and his biggest fan but there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s been at least subconsciously impacted by having had a question mark over his next step hanging over him for the past year or so.

He’s saying all the right things and showing the right gestures to suggest he’s invested and cares. But I’d really rather now was a time for just actually showing it by doing the business on the pitch.

It’s against my better instincts to say this, but if he really cared he’d have signed a deal - and given the club a bit of security that we’d get back what we’d paid to lift him out of Monaco - so quit with the performatives and let your football do the talking, Youri.

I’d also question if, in a relegation battle, we can afford to be carrying someone who will not be affected in any way shape or form should we go down.

• Like 1

I read it that he didn't leave because no other conversation proposed anything better than he had at Leicester. Or interested him sufficiently.

Maybe these days players are sounded out (tapped up if you prefer) before formal offers are made. It would make sense to me. I mean, why waste your time bidding if the player has no interest in joining you? Maybe Youri had preliminary discussions via channels but nothing interested him sufficiently to progress them further. Hence, no bid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been his biggest advocate and his biggest fan but there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s been at least subconsciously impacted by having had a question mark over his next step hanging over him for the past year or so.

He’s saying all the right things and showing the right gestures to suggest he’s invested and cares. But I’d really rather now was a time for just actually showing it by doing the business on the pitch.

It’s against my better instincts to say this, but if he really cared he’d have signed a deal - and given the club a bit of security that we’d get back what we’d paid to lift him out of Monaco - so quit with the performatives and let your football do the talking, Youri.

I’d also question if, in a relegation battle, we can afford to be carrying someone who will not be affected in any way shape or form should we go down.

...a few of us has been saying the same thing about him, it is good that you can now see what we have seen for some time!!!

• Like 1