Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12701543/youri-tielemans-admits-life-is-tough-at-premier-league-bottom-club-leicester-but-does-not-regret-staying-at-the-club

Tielemans: It's tough at Leicester - I don't regret staying

Youri Tielemans has admitted that life is "tough" at Leicester right now, with the club bottom of the Premier League table.

The Foxes have only picked up one point from their opening seven top-flight matches, having lost six matches in a row. Recent 5-2 and 6-2 defeats away at Brighton and Tottenham respectively have increased the pressure on under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers.

Tielemans' focus now turns to securing a spot in the Belgium squad ahead of this winter's World Cup in Qatar - but the Leicester midfielder says it is difficult to get his club's poor domestic form out of his head while on international duty.

"I'm happy to get a bit of fresh air here [with Belgium] because it's tough at Leicester right now," the midfielder said in a Belgium press conference. "It's clear that things are not going well at the club. We are doing everything we can as a team."

"At Leicester, the consecutive defeats have affected us as a group. We need to benefit from this break to recharge our batteries. It's hard to get it off my mind as it keeps running through my head. Only my kids sometimes prevent me from thinking about it."

Tielemans was linked to a move away from Leicester, with current Premier League leaders Arsenal keen on the 25-year-old before that interest cooled later in the summer.

The Belgian midfielder's contract at Leicester expires at the end of this season but he opted to remain at the King Power Stadium for the current campaign.

Tielemans insists he has no regrets about that decision to stay, despite the club's lowly league position.

"I'm not going to speak too much about my contract situation at the moment," he added. "I didn't leave Leicester in the summer as I always said the project had to be the right one."

"Just because things are getting worse now at Leicester doesn't mean I should regret [staying]."

"He" didn't stay.

More like no one wanted him!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

"He" didn't stay.

More like no one wanted him!

I strongly contest that view

some clubs would have approached his agent and been told that he didn’t fancy them so don’t bother enquiring 

no one of high enough stature was prepared to pay what we wanted

clubs that may have done so - he wasn’t interested 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ian S said:

Youri is another Breabdan blind spot, should never be in the first 11 and shouldn’t have been for some considerable time.

He’s been one of our best players this season.

If only his team mates could finish.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone with a subscription to The Athletic able to post the article about him just now?

Says no more than has been posted elsewhere, fancy it was a pointless couple of additional questions he was posed and subsequently fleshed out by the journo’s

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Gonna give him a shout out as I thought he was great last night. Also his professionalism is top drawer

absolutely agree. I Thought he was excellent - always available for the simple pass and usually tried to be progressive with the ball

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Utter shite yet again, misses the most basic of passes, as he has been mostly for 18 months. Can’t wait for his next 1 good game in 10 so people can call him world class again.

Utter shite? He wasn't that bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as I try, I no longer have any connection to him as a player. Whether he is on the pitch or not. It’s very hard to actually feel he is still “one of ours”. Yes, I know FA Cup goal, etc. and I know, great goal but he doesn’t want to be here and despite what anyone says, you can see it. I’m sure others have different feelings but it’s just the way it is. He’s a void.

Seeing him as captain to today was embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Youri was at his best for us when he had an in-form Wilf behind him, was playing quite far forward behind our attackers and threading passes, "conducting the orchestra" in an attacking sense and also scoring the occasional worldie.

This season he seems to be postioned positioned a lot further back.

There were times today when he was in the defensive line, quite often further back than the full backs.

I'm not sure if that's Youri's doing, or part of Brendan's masterclass.

• Like 2

A current typical performance from Youri. Starts ok and made a great pass in the first half which led to a good chance but then looked the standard Youri misplacing the shortest passes.

He did better today than most games he’s played this season but he’s still no where near an acceptable level. 5/10.

24 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

A current typical performance from Youri. Starts ok and made a great pass in the first half which led to a good chance but then looked the standard Youri misplacing the shortest passes.

He did better today than most games he’s played this season but he’s still no where near an acceptable level. 5/10.

Oh yeah he's the big problem at our club you've nailed it there 👀

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

image.png.464404d73c928d839965aaa455f6966a.png

Considering Rodgers has him playing as basically another CB that's quite incredible lol

Bet he can't wait to play under another manager. I still think there's half a sniff of him signing a new deal if Rodgers finally gets his marching orders.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Linked to Barca 

It wouldn't surprise me he would go there, the two giant Spanish clubs seem to get a lot of players on a free at the moment.  There seems to be a pattern emerging, agents probably being contacted by Barca & Real advising them to get the players to run their contracts down, with a promise of the big move.  It nearly worked for Real with Mbappe, but he changed his mind at the last minute.

It was discussed on Radio Leicester that Youri is now playing most games at right back as with Dewsbury Hall staying to the left and Maddison coming inside from the right he has to support Castagne on the right hand side or he is completely isolated

Not only is this a waste of his talent to provide passes into the final third it also leaves a huge hole in the middle of the field that the opposition exploits when our attack breaks down

I assume this must be under Rodgers instructions as surely he would not choose to position himself there

I still think he is our most talented ball player if played in his best position 

3 minutes ago, wattsup said:

It was discussed on Radio Leicester that Youri is now playing most games at right back as with Dewsbury Hall staying to the left and Maddison coming inside from the right he has to support Castagne on the right hand side or he is completely isolated

Not only is this a waste of his talent to provide passes into the final third it also leaves a huge hole in the middle of the field that the opposition exploits when our attack breaks down

I assume this must be under Rodgers instructions as surely he would not choose to position himself there

I still think he is our most talented ball player if played in his best position 

Agree its under Rodgers's instruction. 

Move out to RB, Castagne pushes further up. I imagine he also doesn't want to crowd space around Maddison - if Tielemans pushes up centrally, opposition would easily target that area to mark or occupy, meaning Maddison has less space to be creative in. 

Not saying it's right or wrong, just the observation. 

Problem with that, is like you say, once we're caught out, there's lots of gaps to exploit. And once it becomes our only tactic, it then becomes easier for opposition to overcome.