Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

9 minutes ago, wattsup said:

It was discussed on Radio Leicester that Youri is now playing most games at right back as with Dewsbury Hall staying to the left and Maddison coming inside from the right he has to support Castagne on the right hand side or he is completely isolated

Not only is this a waste of his talent to provide passes into the final third it also leaves a huge hole in the middle of the field that the opposition exploits when our attack breaks down

I assume this must be under Rodgers instructions as surely he would not choose to position himself there

I still think he is our most talented ball player if played in his best position 

Also he barely attempts to start any attacks, he constantly passes back to Amartey who then has to look for the pass. 

If that is the game plan from Rodger’s I can’t imagine how he thinks that is good idea. Youri should be pinging the balls forward now matter what just to keep it away from the useless defence who cause the errors. 

13 minutes ago, wattsup said:

It was discussed on Radio Leicester that Youri is now playing most games at right back as with Dewsbury Hall staying to the left and Maddison coming inside from the right he has to support Castagne on the right hand side or he is completely isolated

Not only is this a waste of his talent to provide passes into the final third it also leaves a huge hole in the middle of the field that the opposition exploits when our attack breaks down

I assume this must be under Rodgers instructions as surely he would not choose to position himself there

I still think he is our most talented ball player if played in his best position 

This is why we are so shit because the manager is too clever for his own good, playing 4 CMs and then asking them all to cover other positions as play transitions.. the balance is just not there.

Play 4 - 4 - 2 with 2 CMs a right winger (Albrighton or Perez) and 2 up front and I guarantee we would have more points than we do right now

• Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

You would assume that madders replacement tomorrow will stay on the right which should allow YT to return to a more central role 

Rodgers said the system is working, so it'll probably be Kel who will also naturally drift inside :D 

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Linked to Barca 

Barcelona 'eye an Edgar Davids-style midfielder in January' as they look to add aggression alongside Sergio Busquets... with Leicester's Youri Tielemans and Wolves star Ruben Neves on their radar

that’s a terrible comparison 😂

Leicester are known for their aggression though 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wattsup said:

....I also listened to the program, very informative, especially the analysis of the guy who now lives in Canada!!!

His take of KDH getting forward when Maddison has moved inside exposed our current attempts to play the 4-3-3 in a way that makes us solid. His suggestion is that KDH stays deep in the midfield when Maddison comes inside as we leave Soumare or the DM exposed with too much to do. The trick would be KDH reading when to hold back and being aware of the change in the positions Maddison chooses to take up.

Guest Col city fan

As a cultured footballer, he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch 

I love watching Youri when he has the time and space to play his best 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He never has to me. Never thought he's downed tools for us

He hasn’t. It’s just FT telling you he has

👍