Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, Dames said:

He's not rubbish, he can be bad and he can be really good. He's frustratingly inconsistent even now he's coming into his prime. I think most people wanted him gone because of the disruption his agent was causing and the fact it was the last chance we could get a fee for him. 

What disruption?

He had no intention of leaving at all this summer.

On form he is a great player. Throughout all the time I have watched us there have been fans who were hugely critical of our best players; Gary Macalister, Emile Hensley, Neil Lennon, Ryad Mahrez all spring to mind. Perhaps they like to pull people down they think have got too big for their boots or perhaps they just love to be controversial but either way it’s been a consistent theme.

It’s ludicrous for people to want him gone or not to care. Of course he may well go but there is no guarantee the money we make will pay for a better or even equal replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

What disruption?

He had no intention of leaving at all this summer.

Yes he did just no-one wanted to pay the price we had set.

His agent was very busy putting rumours out the whole summer. 

9 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

On form he is a great player. Throughout all the time I have watched us there have been fans who were hugely critical of our best players; Gary Macalister, Emile Hensley, Neil Lennon, Ryad Mahrez all spring to mind. Perhaps they like to pull people down they think have got too big for their boots or perhaps they just love to be controversial but either way it’s been a consistent theme.

It’s ludicrous for people to want him gone or not to care. Of course he may well go but there is no guarantee the money we make will pay for a better or even equal replacement. 

We won't make a penny off him when he goes thats the problem. 

Just now, Jonezy said:

You do wonder if the upcoming World Cup has motivated him lately. Look like the Tielemans we love again.

Its becoming more and more obvious the players have dumped Rodgers's meaningless possession tactics and opted for a quick transition game. This suits Youri's game as he is much less likely to be caught in possession. Of course Rodgers will get a bit of the credit but this is coming from the players themselves.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its becoming more and more obvious the players have dumped Rodgers's meaningless possession tactics and opted for a quick transition game. This suits Youri's game as he is much less likely to be caught in possession. Of course Rodgers will get a bit of the credit but this is coming from the players themselves.

I heard Rodgers in an interview recently say that he wanted to see us quicker in the transitions, moving the ball away from the back quickly

21 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers has never told the players to be slow and ponderous in possession.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Not really sure that's obvious at all. If the players had dumped Rodgers tactics, then we would have a whole host of issues on our hands and i think he would have gone. I think it obvious they are still playing for him and they are working together to resolve issues.

What is clear to me is that the defensive improvements (Faes settling in, and working well with Amartey) has helped stabilise the ship and this has allowed other tweaks to improve other areas. Its allowed Ward to settle, and we are seeing improvements from the set piece coach.  Tielemans has also benefited from the improvement, as he has more confidence in those players behind him.

I also don't think its a coincidence the improvements started when Ndidi and Evans got injured. This allowed Faes to assert some of his leadership skills, and without Ndidi we lose the ball less and give away fewer free kicks.

38 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I heard Rodgers in an interview recently say that he wanted to see us quicker in the transitions, moving the ball away from the back quickly

I hope then that he has seen the error of his ways. Slow build up has crippled us and was never going to work for this team of players.

• Like 1