Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

For a January sale in premiership there seems to be other transfer targets for Arsenal and Man U now so don’t see him there, Not sure if Chelsea, Spurs would go for him then but rather wait till summer. Newcastle can’t see him going so the only other team I can actually see him going to and them spending is a desperate Liverpool.

Some will say he doesn’t fit Klopp’s system due to pace but I think he slots in bloody well.

Liverpool run from the front or sides they don’t generally pick up in midfield and drive it forward & Youri has shown he can get stuck in that’s for starters. As I say Liverpool are all about those rotating front 3 & when you starve them generally Liverpool are poor, if you actually study them they are almost a longball team with VVD pinging balls from the halfway line and their midfield is solely there to break play. Now imagine Youri in there putting those balls through to the front 3 it would be deadly

I say a desperate Liverpool because they are in danger of missing out on top 4 which for Liverpool is like us not making top half, they need something and quick and this Youri will bring his A game from day 1 no bedding in he is virtually risk free and if he has a great WC even better, I can really see Liverpool going for him in jan I don’t see them overlooking him for Curtis Jones or Elliot and Fabino / Henderson injury prone and getting on Liverpool need someone in there otherwise they are done for top 4 especially as TAA and AR seem to be struggling.

Liverpool are cheap so will try and low ball us but it also might be good as it will trigger the others + overseas clubs that might think sign him and wait 6mths, obviously Youri is key to the club who gets him as cards all in his hands but if we lose him in January we are going to get a decent’ish fee for him, his current form will make sure of that.

Still hope he signs mind.

Edited by BKLFox

55 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

and idiot abroad | Tumblr

It's no wonder I have you on ignore, unfortunately I see your posts when others quote you

I assume you are one of those who think professional footballers do not question failing managers tactics . They are not schoolchildren. Rodgers in particular , being of extremely moderate ability himself, in fact is and was far below the ability of any of our players needed to listen closely to what the players were saying.He appears to be doing that now and we are benefitting.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I assume you are one of those who think professional footballers do not question failing managers tactics . They are not schoolchildren. Rodgers in particular , being of extremely moderate ability himself, in fact is and was far below the ability of any of our players needed to listen closely to what the players were saying.He appears to be doing that now and we are benefitting.

That sounds like naught but a conclusion fashioned in the cathedral of your mind with not a shred of evidence, however, if I do you a disservice and you do have said evidence, not hearsay or hyperbole, to back it up then I apologise

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

This guys technical ability is beyond anything we've ever had! That strike deserved so much more!

Also don't think he gets enough credit for his battling qualities 

.. he has just started to show them!!!

Very much seems to turn it up when he needs to, we have had a long time with him being underwhelming in or out of possession, his timing seems too convenient right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That sounds like naught but a conclusion fashioned in the cathedral of your mind with not a shred of evidence, however, if I do you a disservice and you do have said evidence, not hearsay or hyperbole, to back it up then I apologise

You just think it through and of course I am not a fly on the wall. Good players were being asked to follow tactics that were obviously not working. You don't carry blindly on and damage your own career , you say something. Rodgers has been stubborn but he appears to be listening. The hate and insults levelled on here by many posters against Rodgers has been unworthy of them. I have not indulged in invective but I am still of the opinion its time for him to move on. In the meantime the players are getting on with the job and showing some of their true ability.

Edited by An Sionnach

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You just think it through and of course I am not a fly on the wall. Good players were being asked to follow tactics that were obviously not working. You don't carry blindly on and damage your own career , you say something. Rodgers has been stubborn but he appears to be listening. The hate and insults levelled on here by many posters against Rodgers has been unworthy of them. I have not indulged in invective but I am still of the opinion its time for him to move on. In the meantime the players are getting on with the job and showing some of their true ability.

I agree that his time is likely up, but to suggest the blame lies solely with him feels too easy, as we can see some players are/were out of form. Are we to assume this is all down to Rodgers? The neat packaging of almost the entire problem with our season thus far is wrapped and delivered as a conclusion, yet this is rarely delivered with much factual evidence and instead is garnished with complaints upon his demeanour or character and his temerity in doing anything other than falling on his sword.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Aren't you the poster who was adamant George Hirst was good enough to start for us and should be playing like 1/2 years ago when he'd been universally bad on every loan at the time?

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Aren't you the poster who was adamant George Hirst was good enough to start for us and should be playing like 1/2 years ago when he'd been universally bad on every loan at the time?

Yep nearly 40 games now without scoring at Championship level including missed penalties and sitters (one of which relegated Rotherham)

9 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Guilty as charged but what I really said was it was worth trying given our lack of any big forwards. We will never know or will we?

Can you go over to the Rodgers or post match thread and repost this just so that those blaming Rodgers for todays negative tactics can now understand it’s not him but the players 😂 

couldn't agree more there are times we seem paralysed by instruction, possession have been made out to be the be all and end all when the right ball was 30 yards up field to Barnes who was 1 on 1 with the full back but players fully capable of providing it won't play it

4 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

He should be our Captain, he is made for it

If he signs a new deal then i’d agree but sadly neither is happening. 

Either way i’m glad he’s finding some form as it can only benefit us. 

18 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I hope then that he has seen the error of his ways. Slow build up has crippled us and was never going to work for this team of players.

Yeah it's been really tough watching him stick so rigidly to his philosophy and moan about not having the profile of player, without compromising to fit the profiles at his disposal

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Yeah it's been really tough watching him stick so rigidly to his philosophy and moan about not having the profile of player, without compromising to fit the profiles at his disposal

I didn't go to yesterdays match but from the bit I saw , we were trying to use a couple of passes instead of twenty and Man. City didn't like it. If you have a solid defensive base , you can do that.

• Like 1

He's so good, he bring so much class and quality to our play.

I only watched motd highlights yesterday but even in those, my god some of the passes he picked out. And he does it under pressure too, he's both 'press resistant' and also sees the passes before the ball comes to him. 

That's before we even start talking about his worldies. 

Like others said its a privilege to have this guy at Leicester I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 2