Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He's definitely upped his game this season obiously to promote himself to get the move he wants.

He's added a bit of steel to his game and is now putting a few great tackles which he didn't do early days.

Unfortunately I think Clubs are going to wait and pick him up for nothing in the Summer. Which means we not only lose 40 million but also a top player coming into his prime now.

This should not be allowed, Clubs need to get smarter in their Contracts.

• Like 1

If arsenal were genuinely interested but stalled then it’s possible that their relative success will have encouraged them to aim higher 

if he doesn’t impress in Qatar then he may not get quite the deal he expected next summer - more Newcastle than Man City 

but would still be a big shock if he didn’t leave in a free having run his contract all the way down at 70k 

On 04/11/2022 at 05:44, st albans fox said:

If arsenal were genuinely interested but stalled then it’s possible that their relative success will have encouraged them to aim higher 

if he doesn’t impress in Qatar then he may not get quite the deal he expected next summer - more Newcastle than Man City 

but would still be a big shock if he didn’t leave in a free having run his contract all the way down at 70k 

Fans read too much into alot of stories,including creating their own

I always wait to see how things pan out,

because what's the use creating an opinion on outside noise..or clickbait-journalism..

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fans read too much into alot of stories,including creating their own

I always wait to see how things pan out,

because what's the use creating an opinion on outside noise..or clickbait-journalism..

Sorry to disappoint you but youri hasn’t run his contract down because he wanted to stay here 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry to disappoint you but youri hasn’t run his contract down because he wanted to stay here 

Running his contract down does allow him to keep his options open but he has foregone a lot of additional income in the meantime. I’d love him to stay but it does seem very unlikely. You never know though. 

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He's doing what's best for him & his family...He's playing a waiting game,which his contract allows....

We have no idea how he feels..so if any

disappointment won't be created by any fan in my direction.

This is Tielemans choice (like all movement descisions),He might have only secondary thoughts towards club & environment...or might take a Vardy approach,plus thoughts of settled family...Whatever or however,I have no

demeaning opinion of situation or Tielemans approach..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He's doing what's best for him & his family...He's playing a waiting game,which his contract allows....

We have no idea how he feels..so if any

disappointment won't be created by any fan in my direction.

This is Tielemans choice (like all movement descisions),He might have only secondary thoughts towards club & environment...or might take a Vardy approach,plus thoughts of settled family...Whatever or however,I have no

demeaning opinion of situation or Tielemans approach..

Don’t missunderstand me - he could still decide to stay as the other options may not be so attractive to him. Having waited until now he can command a decent re signing fee. Not as big as he’d would get on a move elsewhere but still v decent. Perhaps the World Cup will change that 

but if he really wanted to stay then he would have signed a new deal some time ago and earned the large additional salary on offer in the meantime. 

he’s an intelligent fella and will probably make a good decision for his career and family rather than solely for his pocket. 

7 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Although I don’t think he’ll sign a new contract,     Him and his family are really settled. He occasionally chats to my mum (both share a love of gardening) and often tells her how much his family love living in Quorn and the surrounding countryside.  

Now, if this would my mum I’d take one for the team and let him have a go.

”I’d let you tidy my garden te he he”

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, taupe said:

I look forward to hearing Youri on GQT. 

(I wonder many will need to Google that?)

It’s completely surreal. I was watching a match around my mum’s house. She saw him on the TV and said why is the chap I talk to about gardening on the telly? She didn’t know who he was and nor did he tell her.  

• Haha 1

If he signs a new contract and we get a decent fee for him, that’s the best course of action. He’s played a monster number of games - almost 500 at 25, there’s a good chance his legs completely go prematurely. He’s never been athletic anyway either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If he signs a new contract and we get a decent fee for him, that’s the best course of action. He’s played a monster number of games - almost 500 at 25, there’s a good chance his legs completely go prematurely. He’s never been athletic anyway either.

To flip that maybe the fact he doesn't rely on athleticism will have the opposite effect 

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That’s not one of the options (unless you mean in a couple of years). he’s not donating funds to our club, irrespective of how deep in the dodoo we are !