Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

16 minutes ago, taupe said:

I look forward to hearing Youri on GQT. 

(I wonder many will need to Google that?)

Gardeners Question Time, torture to listen to 40 odd years ago, as a youngster, I love Gardening now, and wouldn't leave my home because of it, let's hope Youri feels the same about his, I  doubt it though.

You really think he will be out of contract in the summer and no big club comes in for him? It's an ideal scenario for him, clubs have a free transfer for a world class player, no brainer.

Anyone hoping he signs another contract here is being very positive but you will be disappointed. It's a shame but we can't compete with the elite. Youri has given us plenty of fantastic moments that we can cherish.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

To flip that maybe the fact he doesn't rely on athleticism will have the opposite effect 

He gets caught out on occasion now, if his legs are gone at 29 then he becomes a total passenger defensively. He doesn’t rely on physicality but in the PL the threshold level of athleticism is quite high, a small drop in his running ability reduces his viability hugely.

• Like 1

On a free I imagine his options will be far wider. I suspect he wants to play for an elite club with, more or less, guaranteed CL football.

Italian sides love a freebie. I'd be amazed if they don't queue up. Barca skint, they could he all over it. Bayern or Dortmund. Or PSG. 

I'd be disappointed, nay appalled, if he sold himself short and ended up at Arsenal being 6th every year and europa league

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Any talk of Youri having contract talks with us is simply his agent trying to force Arsenal’s hand in January. 

Youri is long gone. 

This is interesting- arsenal may decide that if they are qualified for the CL, they can aim higher than youri.  Hence his agent could be pushing for that Jan pre contract agreement with arsenal possibly deciding to bide their time or even getting someone better in Jan who could make them competitive for a sustained title challenge 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

On a free I imagine his options will be far wider. I suspect he wants to play for an elite club with, more or less, guaranteed CL football.

Italian sides love a freebie. I'd be amazed if they don't queue up. Barca skint, they could he all over it. Bayern or Dortmund. Or PSG. 

I'd be disappointed, nay appalled, if he sold himself short and ended up at Arsenal being 6th every year and europa league

They are nailed on for Champ League next season. 

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They are nailed on for Champ League next season. 

Not nailed on. But even if theybget there tbis year, it'll be, at best, 1 in every 3 seasons there. They ain't that good. 

Spurs have better infrastructure..man u are gonna come good in the next 2 ir 3. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City have 3 slots tied up 80% of the time. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Not nailed on. But even if theybget there tbis year, it'll be, at best, 1 in every 3 seasons there. They ain't that good. 

Spurs have better infrastructure..man u are gonna come good in the next 2 ir 3. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City have 3 slots tied up 80% of the time. 

Arsenal have sorted their recruitment out in the long term, Spurs are propped up by Kane (29) and Son (30) - it’s only sconce who’s taken them to a top 4 contender.

The age profile of Arsenal’s squad is worryingly good too, Saka, Martinelli, Odegård, ESR, Saliba etc haven’t peaked yet.

Spurs’ ‘good’ spell is less replicable imo

It'll be the usual agent stuff. Arsenal dragging their heels with their interest, all of a sudden he's back to signing a contract and costing them a fee.

I just don't see it unless - as I said in the summer - there's never been an interest and it was Romanoballs the whole time.

9 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

A contract has been sat on the table for 2 years hasn’t it?

Yes but that has nothing to do with his willingness to discuss terms, does it?

Since he’s been willing to discuss, he’s scored two great goals and we’re playing much higher quality football (he is our best player IMO, it’s what usually happens when they find form)

He is a good guy and a great player. We have not been very nice to him during the hard times and I feel a little guilty for that.

have nothing but love for him whether he stays or goes sadly he will go. We can atleast try to push the move abroad. Would hate to see him play against us in the premier league. 

• Like 1