Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

We are in for a real dilemma, the clubs that were prepared to resist coming in for him properly last summer will now not be willing to take that chance of having to compete in a relentless money pit come the summer so there will be plenty of clubs trying to steal a march this January.

I suppose for us it all depends if Tielemans wants to move abroad or not, if so then I can see him signing a pre contract or possibly some teams with plenty to play for in the latter part of the season (often the likes of Bayern, Real, PSG etc it's a cake walk for them so they can afford to wait to get him until the summer) might pay a medium fee to get him now.

It's the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd even Man City that I think will be all over him in January. Heck, I think he could well have played his last home PL game for us if they do come for him big time. They'll be using this World Cup to be trying to get agreements with his agent and then try and get us to sell him in January and I think we have to, however much that pains me to say it.

He's in the form of his life, we could still win a cup but to see him walk away for NOTHING, zero, is too much to handle. Especially when we have a big rebuild ahead, we can't afford to be losing £50-60m (and the rest) worth players for nothing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sm1 said:

Sad day indeed when Youri leaves. I suspect if Arsenal are still top in January, they might come for him then, to give themselves extra strength in depth for a title push.

Two things. 1. Arsenal aren't good enough to win to win league (and before anyone says they said the same about us, we had 3 world class players and a very specific system. Arsenal have none and play generic)

2. I honeslty believe Youri wants better than Arsenal. Could it be, far from arsenal not fancying this summer, it was more youri holding back, waiting for better offers? 

31 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Two things. 1. Arsenal aren't good enough to win to win league (and before anyone says they said the same about us, we had 3 world class players and a very specific system. Arsenal have none and play generic)

2. I honeslty believe Youri wants better than Arsenal. Could it be, far from arsenal not fancying this summer, it was more youri holding back, waiting for better offers? 

Arsenal really are good enough.

A good few sides out of sorts and Man City must win the CL ,so it could the door open for them.

Not saying they will, but it would be mad to rule them out when Liverpool, Chelsea,Utd look to need a very good run to get back in it.

Spurs are Spurs , so Arsenal and maybe Newcastle will fancy their chances.

As we found out, momentum can get you over the line

8 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Arsenal really are good enough.

A good few sides out of sorts and Man City must win the CL ,so it could the door open for them.

Not saying they will, but it would be mad to rule them out when Liverpool, Chelsea,Utd look to need a very good run to get back in it.

Spurs are Spurs , so Arsenal and maybe Newcastle will fancy their chances.

As we found out, momentum can get you over the line

That's my point. We got over the line as we were the best team. Arsenal aren't. By a distance. Momentum won't get a (relatively) ordinary team over the line

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

That's my point. We got over the line as we were the best team. Arsenal aren't. By a distance. Momentum won't get a (relatively) ordinary team over the line

I think they've been the best side in every game I've seen them so far.

Beaten Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. 

Unlucky at Utd and drew at Southampton.

They've been very good tbf and will take some stopping. 

Too early to say for definite but they have a serious chance.

Who are they behind by some distance , may I ask?

On 05/11/2022 at 18:48, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I know professing wisdom in hindsight is an easy game, but quite how we were allowed to sign him after his loan spell with us is beyond belief.

.. Monaco wanted to get rid, their supporters could not wait to see the back of him and the new manager refused to take up his post if Tielemans was still there!!!

Monaco made a lot more than they anticipated, as we negotiated poorly in that instance.

Much like it seemed no-one is knocking down the door for his services, no-one is that keen for him right now.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

...you just need to be consistent in this league, pickup the wins you should do and do not give potential challengers an opening!!!

The last time I felt so negative about a premier league game penalty was when Vardy came on as sub, no touches, against Spurs.

I knew, he knew, the keeper knew and I think you reading, knew, where he was going to put it.

I think all 4 of us saw his placement map the other week, nothing to do with being psychic.

Not got a problem with that as such, you can point where it is going if you hit it well enough.

Question is, what will Youri do with the next penalty?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, He aint bald said:

The last time I felt so negative about a premier league game penalty was when Vardy came on as sub, no touches, against Spurs.

I knew, he knew, the keeper knew and I think you reading, knew, where he was going to put it.

I think all 4 of us saw his placement map the other week, nothing to do with being psychic.

Not got a problem with that as such, you can point where it is going if you hit it well enough.

Question is, what will Youri do with the next penalty?

Id give them to Daka or Vardy every time.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Brilliant player Imo. I think clubs are just waiting to sign him on a free.

One of the most gifted CM’s I’ve seen play in a Leicester shirt and I’ll be sad to see him leave, which I think he will.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Brilliant player Imo. I think clubs are just waiting to sign him on a free.

One of the most gifted CM’s I’ve seen play in a Leicester shirt and I’ll be sad to see him leave, which I think he will.

You'd hope a big team flinches and realises there might be some merit in trying to steal a march on the others in January rather than it being a bidding war on wages. Overseas teams can secure a deal from January but I think Man City or Liverpool will come for him in January, Arsenal too.