Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not a cat in hell's, not good enough. 

I could easily see him turning up at Barcelona

Barcelona and their squad aren't like they were 5+ years ago

He is more than good enough to do well for them and a player like him on a free would be great business for them

• Like 3

6 hours ago, He aint bald said:

The last time I felt so negative about a premier league game penalty was when Vardy came on as sub, no touches, against Spurs.

I knew, he knew, the keeper knew and I think you reading, knew, where he was going to put it.

I think all 4 of us saw his placement map the other week, nothing to do with being psychic.

Not got a problem with that as such, you can point where it is going if you hit it well enough.

Question is, what will Youri do with the next penalty?

This is so true. I was listening in the car and when the penalty was awarded and Youri was stepping up to take it. I thought I hope this time he doesn't put it to the keepers right, his left. All his penalties go the same way! When it was saved I just knew it was the same side.

Youri has to score in an area half the size of a normal goal i.e. 12 foot wide by 8 foot high. I'd want my penalty taker to bang them in left right and centre.

This is the profile of the most successful penalty taker from https://instatsport.com/football/article/penalty_research

Since 2009 almost 100,000 penalty shots have been taken on football pitches around the globe. 75.49% of those resulted in goals, 17.57% were saved by goalkeepers, 4.07% went wide and 2.87% hit posts or crossbars. The scoring ratio could be better if players and coaches were aware of the receipt of the most efficient penalty shot. InStat analyzed all penalties in the database, answering the key questions through the research:
·         Who should take penalties?
·         Where should you direct penalty shots?
·         What does the best penalty shot look like?

THE BEST PENALTY SHOOTER PORTRAIT

Sex: Male
Position: Forward/Attacking midfielder
Foot: Left
Nationality group: Asia
Zodiac: Leo
Penalty experience: Regular penalty taker/Scorer of the team

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

His penalties are normally very good.

They are, but on TV atleast, that save was predestined. Big keeper, little Youri, everything was wrong. I think the gods are fuking with me, making everything obvious with LCFC and bolloxing me with regular life, cnutish gods, did you really not see it too?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

They are, but on TV atleast, that save was predestined. Big keeper, little Youri, everything was wrong. I think the gods are fuking with me, making everything obvious with LCFC and bolloxing me with regular life, cnutish gods, did you really not see it too?

It's strange isn't it, how some penalty, you just seem to know its going to be missed or saved.  As soon as we got the pen on Saturday, and Tielemans was taking it, I thought he wouldn't score. I've never has that feeling before with Tielemans taking pens, normally he takes a very good one, but it just seemed fate, that after scoring 2 worldies from outside the box, in the previous 3 games that he wouldn't score from the spot.  Happily it didn't come back to bite us on the backside though, and it all ended well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smudger63 said:

It's strange isn't it, how some penalty, you just seem to know its going to be missed or saved.  As soon as we got the pen on Saturday, and Tielemans was taking it, I thought he wouldn't score. I've never has that feeling before with Tielemans taking pens, normally he takes a very good one, but it just seemed fate, that after scoring 2 worldies from outside the box, in the previous 3 games that he wouldn't score from the spot.  Happily it didn't come back to bite us on the backside though, and it all ended well.

So strange, we had to get out as someone was viewing the house so we listened to the LCTV feed on my phone whilst walking the dog, and as were heard the build to the penalty my son said 'he will miss this', and i just nodded on a agreement. Sometime you just know, for some reason!

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So strange, we had to get out as someone was viewing so we listened to the LCTV feed on my phone, and as were heard the build to the penalty my son said 'he will miss this', and i just nodded on a agreement. Sometime you just know, for some reason!

Most of us had the feeling he's gonna miss it. Why? This is complex. It's mostly down to psychology rather than statistical probability. Our team had already lost the best player due to an injury and was already under pressure. Penalty incident came against the flow of the game at that time. 

Then you have the other factors like Fabianski who is known for his good penalty stopping skills. 

I'll take it even further and compare it to the triple sub BR made. When this changes happened I was delighted and right away I felt we're going to win it 0-2. It's again a combination of fans psychology interconnected with tactical changes which we believe are spot on. 

• Like 1

West Ham had a break on in the first half on Saturday and the way the Youri attempted to sprint back to recover was pitiful. Head bobbing side to side, arms swinging back, being left for dust despite the opposition player being on the ball. He's class on the ball and is in our all-time eleven but it was pretty funny to see him him out of puff like that 30 minutes in.

46 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Because if he joins a team in England we'll want them (and therefore also him) to fail, and we don't want to want him to fail because we like him.

Really? I don't want Mahrez or Kante to fail - does it really matter, its a kind of move on matter. Tielemans won us the FA cup and the former mentioned the Premier League, must be exhausting hating on ex players because they aren't life long LCFC players.  

35 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

May sound a long shot but don't rule out the possibly that he signs a contract extension. 

Much may depend on his world Cup but it seems nothing has been decided abd nothing is set in stone.

All options are still a possibility including staying.

He's very happy at leicester.  

I have always hoped we end up in the same situation that we signed him under… the clubs he want don’t come for him and we are the next best option. 

Other than the elite sides in europe there won’t be many that will be able to pay the wages we do. Especially if he’s looking for a big boost as a free agent.

If i was the club i’d consider offering a 30m buyout clause, guarantees us money and him the option to leave if the right move comes up. 

51 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

May sound a long shot but don't rule out the possibly that he signs a contract extension. 

Much may depend on his world Cup but it seems nothing has been decided abd nothing is set in stone.

Talk about playing with our emotions!

Would love him to stay, but after this season, I just can't see it.

Edited by glenny_fox

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

West Ham had a break on in the first half on Saturday and the way the Youri attempted to sprint back to recover was pitiful. Head bobbing side to side, arms swinging back, being left for dust despite the opposition player being on the ball. He's class on the ball and is in our all-time eleven but it was pretty funny to see him him out of puff like that 30 minutes in.

Exactly why the top top clubs won't touch him imo. Does not get up and down well enough now.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Exactly why the top top clubs won't touch him imo. Does not get up and down well enough now.

I think it’s why the top clubs in England might not want him. They all play with a very demanding system that requires midfielders to press high up (especially Man City and Liverpool)

I think abroad the situation might be different, and I can see a club in Italy/Spain taking a punt on him 

I can’t really see him staying here to be honest, unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I think it’s why the top clubs in England might not want him. They all play with a very demanding system that requires midfielders to press high up (especially Man City and Liverpool)

I think abroad the situation might be different, and I can see a club in Italy/Spain taking a punt on him 

I can’t really see him staying here to be honest, unfortunately 

People keep saying a top club in Italy or Spain may move for him, but I don't think the money is around to risk on such a transfer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Well obvs  all options are open. To me it's fairly simple...if he gets good 3 or 4 year offer from a well known European club with regular European football, he'll go..simple as..

If he doesn't get an offer, or the only offers are our sort of level, he might stay. 

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd hope a big team flinches and realises there might be some merit in trying to steal a march on the others in January rather than it being a bidding war on wages. Overseas teams can secure a deal from January but I think Man City or Liverpool will come for him in January, Arsenal too.

.....still say he will be staying here!!!

At the moment the way he is playing you can understand why big clubs might look to chance their arm, but he has been run of the mill for a long time here, I would take £15m if offered in January window

• Like 2

On 14/11/2022 at 04:49, He aint bald said:

you twisted my melon with the later parts.... a well deserved like given  all the same

You're twisting my melon man is one of my favourite idioms (if that's the right term) I regularly use it with my 5 year old grandson and his 3 yr old sister in the hope they use it with their mates or teachers!!

On 14/11/2022 at 13:06, Tommy G said:

Really? I don't want Mahrez or Kante to fail - does it really matter, its a kind of move on matter. Tielemans won us the FA cup and the former mentioned the Premier League, must be exhausting hating on ex players because they aren't life long LCFC players.  

You misunderstand. I don't want them to fail because they used to play for us and then left. I want their clubs to fail (because there's only one club I want to succeed) and so wanting these players to fail just goes along with that, because they are part of their club.

And I'd rather not want Tielemans to fail, because I like him.

But if he went to Arsenal, say, then obviously I'm not going to stop disliking Arsenal and wanting them to fail.

• Like 2