Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On 18/11/2022 at 17:09, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

You misunderstand. I don't want them to fail because they used to play for us and then left. I want their clubs to fail (because there's only one club I want to succeed) and so wanting these players to fail just goes along with that, because they are part of their club.

And I'd rather not want Tielemans to fail, because I like him.

But if he went to Arsenal, say, then obviously I'm not going to stop disliking Arsenal and wanting them to fail.

Don’t worry son,he ain’t failing,he’s staying..

On 15/11/2022 at 06:41, sacreblueits442 said:

.....still say he will be staying here!!!

At the moment the way he is playing you can understand why big clubs might look to chance their arm, but he has been run of the mill for a long time here, I would take £15m if offered in January window

No way would I take £15 million in January, we’re not going to replace him for that money.

I would rather have him in the team for another 6 months then allow him to leave on a free, than lose him from the squad for peanuts now.

• Like 4

On 14/11/2022 at 13:58, themightyfin said:

May sound a long shot but don't rule out the possibly that he signs a contract extension. 

Much may depend on his world Cup but it seems nothing has been decided abd nothing is set in stone.

All options are still a possibility including staying.

He's very happy at leicester.  

BB24377A-114A-4AA3-AFC0-B6A557F3869A.gif.eeb6f6a0db9c341faeb9e3b6f81485c3.gif

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Unless there is some kind of weird contract clause, it doesn’t make any sense 

...what if Arsenal agreed to pay us £15m in the January window and allowed him to stay here till the summer!!!

That would protect their asset and we will get the benefit of his services till the end of the season. So long as Tielemans has expressed a wish to go there, it would be a good deal for both parties.

I still cannot see him going though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what if Arsenal agreed to pay us £15m in the January window and allowed him to stay here till the summer!!!

That would protect their asset and we will get the benefit of his services till the end of the season. So long as Tielemans has expressed a wish to go there, it would be a good deal for both parties.

I still cannot see him going though.

Makes no sense 

the player will move to the club he wants to in the summer for free. Arsenal don’t have to pay a penny to us in Jan. youri will choose what he wants to do. 

and the player will get a big chunk of that 15m in the summer.  If arsenal don’t want to pay him that s/o fee then youri has a decision to make. But any club taking a player on a free knows the score re the s/o costs.

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

No way would I take £15 million in January, we’re not going to replace him for that money.

I would rather have him in the team for another 6 months then allow him to leave on a free, than lose him from the squad for peanuts now.

We're not going to replace him for £15mill, but £15mill goes towards his replacement. So theoretically you've got £30 mill to replace him with rather than 15, or 45 rather than 30. 

Or that £15mill gets you another Wout. You'd be mental to turn down £15mill for 6 months of a player tbh, unless that player is the difference between survival and relegation or getting CL football or not. Or a trophy of course.

We won't get that kind of offer anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

We're not going to replace him for £15mill, but £15mill goes towards his replacement. So theoretically you've got £30 mill to replace him with rather than 15, or 45 rather than 30. 

Or that £15mill gets you another Wout. You'd be mental to turn down £15mill for 6 months of a player tbh, unless that player is the difference between survival and relegation or getting CL football or not. Or a trophy of course.

We won't get that kind of offer anyway.

Each PL spot is worth 2.1m so even if he mean the difference between 16th and 8th, he would be worth keeping.

Club will not gamble selling Youri in January with the season on a knife edge for 15m 

• Like 3

He's not going to be that difference though. The examples I use are saying if his presence gets you from 5th to 4th, or 18th up to 17th, it's quantifiable justification. He's not elevating you 8 places on his own though.

They'll not gamble if they think it could mean relegation, I already said as much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScrumpyJack said:

All been part of Rodgers’ master plan this entire time.

1) Make Tielemans feel like Billy big bollocks

2) Avoid discussing his transfer in the media to kick-up interest

3) Send him off to the World Cup

4) Belgium fail because they are OAPs - no clubs interested in Tielemans

5) Tielemans enters a short depression

6) :brendan:

7) Signs a new contract 

#FourMoreYears

#genius

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Chances of a new contract getting more and more likely but still feel someone will pick him up on a free. He won't play a big part if he gets signed by a top club though. 

What’s the real evidence for this.

I think if he was going to sign he would have done so by now. Somebody will come in for him and I’d be amazed if he’s here next season 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I thought he was having an okay game when he was subbed in the first game and sub after that, when he's been so consistent for them for so long, didn't really get it. 

Martinez is a fool. Absolutely clueless. Yeah bin you CM fulcrum off whose been in great club form scoring worldies. Belgiums loss is our gain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

What’s the real evidence for this.

I think if he was going to sign he would have done so by now. Somebody will come in for him and I’d be amazed if he’s here next season 

The only realistic way he stays is that the only offers he receives are from similar stature clubs - west ham, newcastle, Valencia or whatever - each offering similar terms to us. 

To me, it is inconceivable that a big, but skint, Italian (most are skint) or Spanish (Barca) club won't offer him a deal.

I think a lot of people on here are very optimistic and trying to cling onto any lifelines.

No way he signs another contract with us. He wants to progress his career with a top team. No chance would not at least one (likely more) of the top teams consider signing him on a free because he crashed out with Belgium. He's been putting in fantastic performances with us and will hopefully carry that on second half of the season to promote himself.

• Like 1

A disappointing tournament will put him further down some shopping lists.

I still think there is a 20% chance he stays. Even on a free are clubs going to pay what he wants to sit him on the bench? The reality is he just isn't good enough to be a starter for the top teams, not consistently and at his age now he should be way more consistent than he is.

On 20/11/2022 at 18:17, coolhandfox said:

Each PL spot is worth 2.1m so even if he mean the difference between 16th and 8th, he would be worth keeping.

Club will not gamble selling Youri in January with the season on a knife edge for 15m 

Whilst admittedly he's recently and thankfully had a bit of a renaissance, coincidentally or not immediately prior to the World Cup, but if someone was to offer 15m in January I'd say snap their hands off.

I really don't think we'd miss him for 6 months and certainly wouldn't want to rely on him in a battle. In fact I think our midfield would be better off without his lethargy. He's hardly going to bust a gut and risk injury albeit he's playing for his next team. No more than a bench player for the top Premiership teams as he's too slow and doesn't bust a gut.

53 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst admittedly he's recently and thankfully had a bit of a renaissance, coincidentally or not immediately prior to the World Cup, but if someone was to offer 15m in January I'd say snap their hands off.

I really don't think we'd miss him for 6 months and certainly wouldn't want to rely on him in a battle. In fact I think our midfield would be better off without his lethargy. He's hardly going to bust a gut and risk injury albeit he's playing for his next team. No more than a bench player for the top Premiership teams as he's too slow and doesn't bust a gut.

We’d definitely miss him, he’s one of our best players, but I might take the £15m too 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dusty said:

We’d definitely miss him, he’s one of our best players, but I might take the £15m too 

He has been in the past but for me, that was a long time ago and should have been sat on the bench minimum. He has however, latterly, had a few decent performances. However, the odd goal or occasional defence splitting pass coupled with up to 80 minutes of poor performance just wouldn't be good enough for an international, top Premiership or other very ambitious side. Just my opinion of course and there are many who would disagree.