Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He has been in the past but for me, that was a long time ago and should have been sat on the bench minimum. He has however, latterly, had a few decent performances. However, the odd goal or occasional defence splitting pass coupled with up to 80 minutes of poor performance just wouldn't be good enough for an international, top Premiership or other very ambitious side. Just my opinion of course and there are many who would disagree. 

id disagree , he is our best player

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's what they are doing now. You could argue a bit late.

I'm afraid this was the end of the golden generation of Belgium Football.

They were disjointed, pyschally exhausted with zero harmony or team unity.

No coach in the world can't a manage team like this.

I was expecting for Youri to shine in this tournament but didn't happen and it won't be surprise for me to see that Castagne will be selected for the one of the worse defender during the group matches.

He was simply awful.

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I guess it just ends with him leaving on a free... 

I think so, yes, Enjoy it/him while we have him.

12 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

And loyalty bonuses are the biggest load of bollocks ever

I don't know exactly how loyalty bonuses work tbh. Presumably Fofana kissed his off (not that he'd care, Chelsea made up any difference I'm sure) but Youri will (presumably) see out his contract so be entitled to whatever was agreed. I presume 'loyalty' is only for the duration of a contract.

But, yes, in practice a loyalty bonus is probably a bit of a waste of ink and paper. It'd not stand in the way of a player leaving for a better club/deal/money... and the player's agent would negotiate with the new club a sum to cover 'loss of loyalty bonus'.... which just sounds like one of the most ludicrous, if not paradoxical, things going.

Guest Col city fan

I still believe that a happy, settled, in form Tielemans is Leicester’s most talented player, along with Maddison.

The problem is he clearly needs a move. It’s not that he’s not trying, I don’t think he’s that type of person, it’s that he’s not trying very hard anymore. He looks to be seeing out his time at City without his usual enthusiasm.

He needs to leave both for the club and for the player.

I imagine when he does leave, we’ll see a re-invigorated player for whichever club he joins. 
If I were managing Tottenham, for instance, I’d snap up Tielemans. They are crying out for a midfield ball-player and he’d fit the bill there.

My memory of Youri, once he goes, will be of a player who is very talented, a really nice guy and of course, the FA cup goal.

He’ll be hard to replace in terms of the ‘fully interested’ Tielemans. Unfortunately that’s now long gone.

LCFC is a club in major transition I believe. Its hard to know what our squad will look like if we avoid relegation, let alone if we go down.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

LCFC is a club in major transition I believe. Its hard to know what our squad will look like if we avoid relegation, let alone if we go down.

Yes, I think along the same lines. It's not been planned that way perhaps but it is how it will eventuate. I think in reality we're treading water until the summer. And hopefully that'll be enough to keep us up, and then we go again.

Edited by taupe
vital 'not' missing!

Guest Col city fan
Just now, walkerleeds said:

Agreed. Really stepped up when there was absolute zero quality surrounding him.

Imagine watching this team without Tielemans and, dare I say it, Maddison!

Championship standard  

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I agree with the positive comments about his 2nd half performance. But where was he for the first 45? 

Thank you. Shirked the press for their assist and was trotting about/ making loose passes all over the place. 

Ironic he’s wearing the armband in a side that gives a shit when it’s too late. That was the epitome of this performance tonight. 

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In genuinely laughable form. Made Kenny Tete look like Cafu for **** sake.

Needs to be dropped but who the **** do we bring in??

?

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

His shot deserved to go in. Cracker of a striker. Leno was stranded. 

Need more players to get to his level. Not a chance it happens. 

Tielemans is head and shoulders over anyone in this team, bar Maddison. I presume that’s why he’s going. He knows it and has had enough

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Tielemans is head and shoulders over anyone in this team, bar Maddison. I presume that’s why he’s going. He knows it and has had enough

If we can see it, he sure as hell can 

Really decent from him - only quality at all in a blue shirt - the rest are absolute plodders- championship team apart from tielemans tonight - nearly single handedly got us a point with multiple efforts and threaded passes - that one to Perez that he bizarrely walked out of play was a beauty - no wonder he ain’t signing a new contract seeing the state of the rest of that lot - he isn’t always great himself but definitely good tonight 

• Like 2