Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, jv1 said:

Really decent from him - only quality at all in a blue shirt - the rest are absolute plodders- championship team apart from tielemans tonight - nearly single handedly got us a point with multiple efforts and threaded passes - that one to Perez that he bizarrely walked out of play was a beauty - no wonder he ain’t signing a new contract seeing the state of the rest of that lot - he isn’t always great himself but definitely good tonight 

Absolutely spot on post. He’s given us bloody good value since he signed and we should wish him well when he leaves. He’s playing alongside some muppets. Imagine looking up and seeing Soumare or looking back and giving the ball to Amartey. 
Single-handedly tonight isn’t far off the truth. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely spot on post. He’s given us bloody good value since he signed and we should wish him well when he leaves. He’s playing alongside some muppets. Imagine looking up and seeing Soumare or looking back and giving the ball to Amartey. 
Single-handedly tonight isn’t far off the truth. 

Yep we will miss him when he is gone at end of season - can’t be easy looking up and seeing Ndidi, Perez or amartey every time - he must have to think 3 passes ahead so he can try and find someone he trusts to give it to that won’t lose it or spank it over the bar - can’t be far off one of the worst Leicester sides to take the pitch over last 5 years that tonight - carrying at least 7 players - that’s mental at that level 

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Yep we will miss him when he is gone at end of season - can’t be easy looking up and seeing Ndidi, Perez or amartey every time - he must have to think 3 passes ahead so he can try and find someone he trusts to give it to that won’t lose it or spank it over the bar - can’t be far off one of the worst Leicester sides to take the pitch over last 5 years that tonight - carrying at least 7 players - that’s mental at that level 

👍

9 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He was magnificent tonight. Did not deserve to be on the losing side. 

Indeed he was and didn't.

If there was any question about commitment, it was answered last night. He was leading the fight, gave everything and just about pulled us level (on a number of occasions) He did everything he could, everything that could be expected of him. Head and shoulders above anyone else on our team. He will be missed.

Fingers crossed that by some freak turn of even that he signs a new contract. He will be instrumental not only in future performances but in how our team is seen, from new signings to threat to the opposition. He and Maddison take a functional side and make it something creative and dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Indeed he was and didn't.

If there was any question about commitment, it was answered last night. He was leading the fight, gave everything and just about pulled us level (on a number of occasions) He did everything he could, everything that could be expected of him. Head and shoulders above anyone else on our team. He will be missed.

Fingers crossed that by some freak turn of even that he signs a new contract. He will be instrumental not only in future performances but in how our team is seen, from new signings to threat to the opposition. He and Maddison take a functional side and make it something creative and dangerous. 

yep - it looked like only youri and Kevin  trying.  kevin was out best player

3 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

He showed the impact he can have when he was moved up & allowed to play further forward.

Interesting to see him in that role and it shows his versatility. This was the type of role he played in his first year or so with us and his qualities are there to see, but I can also see why he's been dropped deeper to try and govern the midfield and again its worked many times.

His strengths really ought to be cherished as opposed to the lack of mobility which probably costs him from being an exceptional player. His technique at some of his passing and shooting yesterday was sublime, Albrighton coming on really helped free him up too.

Guest Col city fan
39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting to see him in that role and it shows his versatility. This was the type of role he played in his first year or so with us and his qualities are there to see, but I can also see why he's been dropped deeper to try and govern the midfield and again its worked many times.

His strengths really ought to be cherished as opposed to the lack of mobility which probably costs him from being an exceptional player. His technique at some of his passing and shooting yesterday was sublime, Albrighton coming on really helped free him up too.

Good post Ric and good to see you the other day on the podcast mate. I thought you came across really well 

👍

Edited by Col city fan

22 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Youri was easily out best player tonight. Sadly he's on his own when Maddison is not playing.

.. he was taking passes in tight spaces and was pretty much had it all under control!!!

Pretty much the weakest part of his game, always had a tendency to let the ball run across his body and getting robbed. Seemed really up for it last night, good see he has now worked on an aspect of his game which was letting him down. 

• Like 1

Seeing him full of passion and quality last night made me just feel sorry for him. He was the best player in the pitch by far both in terms of quality and desire and he was let down by his team mates and the buffoon managing them.

He deserves better than Leicester much as it pains me to say it. I'll wish him all the best when he goes. 

On 04/01/2023 at 22:07, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Seeing him full of passion and quality last night made me just feel sorry for him. He was the best player in the pitch by far both in terms of quality and desire and he was let down by his team mates and the buffoon managing them.

He deserves better than Leicester much as it pains me to say it. I'll wish him all the best when he goes. 

I'm not sure how you can say, "better than Leicester"and consider yourself a Leicester City fan. :dunno:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm not sure how you can say, "better than Leicester"and consider yourself a Leicester City fan. :dunno:

Because we're a ****ing shambles. I'm of course a LCFC fan and would love him to stay it would be brilliant for us. but he's clearly too good for the current level of our team and despite his best efforts unable to drag us single handedly to victories. Which makes me feel sorry for him, it must be really disheartening when you are so much better and also seem to care more than half your team mates.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 15:01, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I wouldn't judge any Belgian player in this World Cup, Martinez even made KDB look like prime Junior Lewis

Martinez Syndrome is a bit like long COVID.  It's highly contagious, infects a whole squad, and its effects are lasting.

Leandro Trossard will not be a part of Brighton & Hove Albion’s matchday squad for their Premier League match against Liverpool on Saturday.

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi has said he does “not like” Trossard’s attitude, claiming the forward left a training session last week without his prior permission.

Trossard, 28, has struggled for form since returning from the 2022 World Cup with Belgium.

He was left on the bench for the club’s most recent Premier League match, a 4-1 victory at Everton, and was not included in Saturday’s 5-1 FA Cup win against Middlesbrough.

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal are going for it this window and are now in the hunt for a midfielder but Tielemans is nowhere in the conversation anymore.

I really wouldnt be surprised at this point if he signs on with us, his options appear to be getting more limited by the day.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Arsenal are going for it this window and are now in the hunt for a midfielder but Tielemans is nowhere in the conversation anymore.

I really wouldnt be surprised at this point if he signs on with us, his options appear to be getting more limited by the day.

There is a reason why no ones really been interested in him.

He was talked as a potential 'big thing' before coming here, no one took the gamble, we did.

No ones took the gamble trying to sign him from us, even tried to offer us a cut price last summer, or even being linked with him on a free next summer - you'd be expecting rumblings on interest. I mean for example you're hearing of Soy to Atletico this coming summer for free but nothing regards Youri, for free.

He's good (When he's bothered), but as with alot of our players (And manager), who have believed they're better than us, 2 failings of European qualification on a plate, as well as treating Europa League/Europa Conference League with such contempt, I think we're their level. Don't act like they're not bothered now.