Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I alway felt that he had a plan in place & he knows exactly  where he is going.

I think that plan was Arsenal but seems they have moved on. 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is a reason why no ones really been interested in him.

He was talked as a potential 'big thing' before coming here, no one took the gamble, we did.

No ones took the gamble trying to sign him from us, even tried to offer us a cut price last summer, or even being linked with him on a free next summer - you'd be expecting rumblings on interest. I mean for example you're hearing of Soy to Atletico this coming summer for free but nothing regards Youri, for free.

He's good (When he's bothered), but as with alot of our players (And manager), who have believed they're better than us, 2 failings of European qualification on a plate, as well as treating Europa League/Europa Conference League with such contempt, I think we're their level. Don't act like they're not bothered now.

I think the recent Arsenal speculation with his name not even being mentioned will shove a rocket up his backside. They were the team that have been talked about consistently for a while now and they are in desperate need of a CM and his name isnt even in the top 5. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I think the recent Arsenal speculation with his name not even being mentioned will shove a rocket up his backside. They were the team that have been talked about consistently for a while now and they are in desperate need of a CM and his name isnt even in the top 5. 

Last I heard was that if they wanted him they’d wait for the summer window 

About tielemans, Rodgers said: ‘My focus is on who is here and then we see what happens. He has only got five months left on his contract and this has been going on for two years.’ 

Were just gonna let a £32 million man go for free

Edited by HarryDee8

On 27/01/2023 at 18:35, Dames said:

I think Arsenal were interested last summer, but apparently when Edu inquired, Tielmans wage demands were way too high, so they went elsewhere. I believe that's why no one has come in for him, somebody's only going to pay him what he wants if they're getting him for free. Unfortunately the only losers are we, we're losing a 40M asset for nothing.

6 hours ago, sm1 said:

I think Arsenal were interested last summer, but apparently when Edu inquired, Tielmans wage demands were way too high, so they went elsewhere. I believe that's why no one has come in for him, somebody's only going to pay him what he wants if they're getting him for free. Unfortunately the only losers are we, we're losing a 40M asset for nothing.

I’m afraid that has been the case for some time 

ironically, the only way we make any money from him is to pay him a big wedge to sign a new big contract here and then sell him in two years - but that’s a risk that he steps up a level to justify a big club paying £40/50m on a 28 y o and paying them 150k/week+

if he doesn’t we are even more out of pocket. Let’s see what clubs are prepared to pay him in the summer 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

About tielemans, Rodgers said: ‘My focus is on who is here and then we see what happens. He has only got five months left on his contract and this has been going on for two years.’ 

Same as Perez then just without some fantastic memorable goals and performances 

7 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Clubs can’t force players to sign new contracts. 

• Like 2

PL clubs can only sign him for free when he has a month to go on his contract. He’s not going overseas as foreign clubs could have signed the pre-contract agreement this window.

He’ll be off to Arsenal, Liverpool, or Newcastle for free this summer 100%

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

If you find a way of forcing players to sign contracts, please let the industry know. This is unfortunately the risk and we are not the only club its happened to.  One of the only ways we could circumvent this is by paying crazy wages and then try and offload him but this carries significant risk too (injury, other players wanting bumps in salary).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

It makes sense he's asking for a lot of money as its probably the last huge contract of his career so he's going to want a 4 year deal on a wedge. Even still I highly doubt many teams will be willing to pay it, even on a free. No big team will ever see him as more than a rotational player, if they seen him as more than that they'd have come in by now. 

Its going to be a tricky one for him and I think his pride is going to take more of a beating than it already has. 

From a Leicester perspective I think we need to start phasing him out now, we're in trouble and he's not committed to the cause. He doesn't want to be here and we can't be carrying that sort of mentality in a relegation scrap. Too many sides have been dragged down in the past clinging onto players that didn't want to be there in the hopes that they'd 'magic' something up. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

That penalty goes in on our pitch. The state of the bounce 🤦‍♂️

Disagree. All that the bounce did was take it over the keepers hand. Let's face it, it was a poor dragged/scuffed penalty which was off target and hit the post.

The questions are; Why did he hit it along the ground on that pitch? And why is he on penalties with his poor conversion record?

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sm1 said:

so what do the club do if he wants to run his contract down and no club wants to pay the asking price eh 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Foxestalk have had some scapegoats over the years but the grief Youri gets is honestly so baffling. He's been a class act for us and it's been a pleasure seeing him play for the club 

I've always said I don't think he's good enough for a big club but we are gonna miss him big time. He's just got that more quality that the other players don't have, and I doubt we'll find it in someone else when he leaves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jim5000 said:

PL clubs can only sign him for free when he has a month to go on his contract. He’s not going overseas as foreign clubs could have signed the pre-contract agreement this window.

He’ll be off to Arsenal, Liverpool, or Newcastle for free this summer 100%

100% doubtful 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Foxestalk have had some scapegoats over the years but the grief Youri gets is honestly so baffling. He's been a class act for us and it's been a pleasure seeing him play for the club 

You're not wrong but the majority of those classy performances are in the past. He has more bad to average games these days than he doesn't and the contract situation has become a bit of a joke. A lot of it isn't his fault granted but he's been given far too much responsibility for a player that doesn't want to be here. 

He's not played at the level we know he's capable of for a while now and its going to be noticed and pointed out. 

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always said I don't think he's good enough for a big club but we are gonna miss him big time. He's just got that more quality that the other players don't have, and I doubt we'll find it in someone else when he leaves.

Nope but what we will lose in quality we can make up in physicality which will then let other players shine a bit more. 

• Like 1

The bar is that low for us now that the fact he hasn't openly handed in a transfer request means we're supposed to be thankful to him.

He's sometimes class, one of our only players who can play balls forward and unlock defences. But I refuse to believe he has the attitude of a top player. I think he will struggle to hold down a place in a top 6 team.

Too often over the last couple of years he's just not looked interested. I'd love to just remember him for that FA cup goal but there's just been too many moments over the last couple of years where he hasn't given it his all. Is he the worst for that? No. But it's still been pretty crap.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The bar is that low for us now that the fact he hasn't openly handed in a transfer request means we're supposed to be thankful to him.

He's sometimes class, one of our only players who can play balls forward and unlock defences. But I refuse to believe he has the attitude of a top player. I think he will struggle to hold down a place in a top 6 team.

Too often over the last couple of years he's just not looked interested. I'd love to just remember him for that FA cup goal but there's just been too many moments over the last couple of years where he hasn't given it his all. Is he the worst for that? No. But it's still been pretty crap.

You just have to see how he reacts to us scoring that him being disinterested is complete rubbish. Always looks buzzing for his team mate and happy. People just read into his calm/chilled demeanor and way of playing and then make up this mad lie that he doesn't care. 

Just look at him after he scored a worldie in the FA Cup final. You'd be forgiven for thinking he's just popped in a tap in during a training session lol The guy is just incredibly laid back and comfortable on a footie pitch. 

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You just have to see how he reacts to us scoring that him being disinterested is complete rubbish. Always looks buzzing for his team mate and happy. People just read into his calm/chilled demeanor and way of playing and then make up this mad lie that he doesn't care. 

Just look at him after he scored a worldie in the FA Cup final. You'd be forgiven for thinking he's just popped in a tap in during a training session lol The guy is just incredibly laid back and comfortable on a footie pitch. 

Well if this has been him putting his all in he isn't going to make it at a top club.