Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Well if this has been him putting his all in he isn't going to make it at a top club.

Rodgers asks him to play as some weird right cided centre back. I don't know what people want from him. What do you want from the deep lying playmaker that plays in a team that is under instruction to retain possession and slowly look to work openings?

16 minutes ago, Guest said:

I've always thought this. Of all our players he is always visibly the most frustrated when he gives the ball away and most excited when we score. If he really is disinterested then he's a very good actor.

Without doubt he is a very good player who can produce moments of magic. A moment of magic can mean 3 precious points so we simply cannot let him leave until the end of the season. At this late stage there is no other option on our targets list and to buy from Europe is a major risk with no premier league experience.

35 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You just have to see how he reacts to us scoring that him being disinterested is complete rubbish. Always looks buzzing for his team mate and happy. People just read into his calm/chilled demeanor and way of playing and then make up this mad lie that he doesn't care. 

Just look at him after he scored a worldie in the FA Cup final. You'd be forgiven for thinking he's just popped in a tap in during a training session lol The guy is just incredibly laid back and comfortable on a footie pitch. 

Was determined to get the opening goal on Saturday after missing the penalty 

You are right in that his professionalism is almost his downfall - he's played that games of football in his pro career now, he just doesn't get too flustered. 

• Like 1

It’s tough love. We all like the man and the player. Deep down inside he does care. I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise. Trying to base a players attitude off bad games is not rationale. He’s done so much for us. I hope he never comes onto FT. What must he think of us lot lol?

we want him to succeed because we want the team to succeed. If he feels he needs a new challenge good luck to him. He deserves it.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

About tielemans, Rodgers said: ‘My focus is on who is here and then we see what happens. He has only got five months left on his contract and this has been going on for two years.’ 

Were just gonna let a £32 million man go for free

.. Rodgers seems to have changed his tune on Youri,  he couldn't talk him up enough before, it seems that Youri has rejected his advances!!!

So in the last 18 months, when every club knew he was likely working his contract down. Not a single offensive bid has come in? Really? Is that not weird. Is it possible his agent has basically informed the market Youri's doing/signing nothing until he's a free agent? I can't believe across all those windows no one has enquired or in fact bid.

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

So in the last 18 months, when every club knew he was likely working his contract down. Not a single offensive bid has come in? Really? Is that not weird. Is it possible his agent has basically informed the market Youri's doing/signing nothing until he's a free agent? I can't believe across all those windows no one has enquired or in fact bid.

Talk that his (or his agent's) wage demands are very high therefore easier to sign on a free and save the transfer money.

I think he has already agreed his next move because the lack of action on buying him suggests there is no bargain to be had and he already knows where he is off to, must be English team as he could announce an overseas team now

Sad to see him go but its also part of the game now 

Wish him well next year where ever he goes 

32 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Ahh strange ways,around the world of football…

Nice ,it’s our time ,for a Belgium rejection story..

Tielemans kids told him they ain’t going anywhere…

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Can’t fault him for the passion he gave yesterday 

He always does. He’ll leave the club as one of the best players we’ve had for some time. And I think he’ll join a better team and will flourish for it.

On 01/02/2023 at 03:43, Corky said:

Talk that his (or his agent's) wage demands are very high therefore easier to sign on a free and save the transfer money.

The flip side is we will need to pay a huge fee and moderately high wages to replace.  Difficult scenario for the Club as the wage bill needs trimming.

Forgot he existed today to be honest, only thought about him once I heard his name mentioned once the game was  over, did not miss him slowing the game down when we are on the attack which he has often done this and last season.