Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

It's strange because I think Youri's been decent this season, but Mendy with KDH looked a far better combo then Youri and KDH. We looked stronger in the midfield and moved the ball around quicker. Even though we won 4-2 at Villa, we gave them plenty of chances,  but today Spurs were well and truly played off the park.

On 12/02/2023 at 15:55, StanSP said:

Calf injury.

There is a danger for any player who decides to wind their contract down. They risk being without contract and without buyers if they get seriously crocked. Obviously none of us hope this happens with Youri, but it shows it's a risky action.

• Like 1

I can understand to a degree why people think the midfield can be unbalanced with him in it, and I think they’ve got a point. He’s not quick and he’s not a great tackler, but not bad either. But I really think people underestimate how brilliant he is at combining the defence and attack of our team, and how effective he is at progressing play and playing key passes under pressure. 

His stats for a deep playmaker are phenomenal. He will be very sorely missed, and impossible to replace entirely, we’d have to replace him with 2 players imo. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I can understand to a degree why people think the midfield can be unbalanced with him in it, and I think they’ve got a point. He’s not quick and he’s not a great tackler, but not bad either. But I really think people underestimate how brilliant he is at combining the defence and attack of our team, and how effective he is at progressing play and playing key passes under pressure. 

His stats for a deep playmaker are phenomenal. He will be very sorely missed, and impossible to replace entirely, we’d have to replace him with 2 players imo. 

Except on Saturday, only one of the four goals actually came through midfield, two were from defenders putting the ball through to an attacker and one came from a corner. We looked a lot more direct and quicker without Tielemens

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Decent post...I reckon every player is replaceable...but he gives us a diffeent perspective in playing..I would prefer him to stay,and become one of our LCFC bbone players..who now and then we can rest & rotate..

If Youri stayed, it would be huge. We would probably go back to 4-1-4-1, with Ndidi in front of the defence and KDH and Youri as 8's, Barnes and Tete either side, and Iheanacho up top. 

You could then get a young prospect at number 10 in like Alex Scott or someone else, to bed in slowly as the heir to Maddison, when he inevitably departs in the summer.

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Except on Saturday, only one of the four goals actually came through midfield, two were from defenders putting the ball through to an attacker and one came from a corner. We looked a lot more direct and quicker without Tielemens

If you isolate that one game then yeah maybe he didn’t, but he still regularly plays great passes from deep that not many in the league can do and the stats really back that up. Against Villa he put one through for nacho who should have scored. He really is so good, one of my favourite players to ever play for us and only madders and riyad can rival is technical ability. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dusty said:

If you isolate that one game then yeah maybe he didn’t, but he still regularly plays great passes from deep that not many in the league can do and the stats really back that up. Against Villa he put one through for nacho who should have scored. He really is so good, one of my favourite players to ever play for us and only madders and riyad can rival is technical ability. 

But, because he wasn’t playing, the defence didn’t have that deep sitting midfielder to play the ball to so, as far as I could tell, the defenders were looking to play balls much further up the pitch, eg when faes played the ball to nacho whilst challenging Kane and Souter looking to put balls to the wings on a number of occasions. We were looking to constantly attack instead of trying to control the ball in defence and midfield, where we’re not that good at.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

There is a danger for any player who decides to wind their contract down. They risk being without contract and without buyers if they get seriously crocked. Obviously none of us hope this happens with Youri, but it shows it's a risky action.

...if that should happen,  we will take care of him, that is what the owners are building at this club, a family!!!

I know it’s what happens , but I am really disappointed in YOURI , we took him when really no- one else wanted him , we payed a good price for him , he could have at least signed a 1 year extension so we could have got a few million back . Hope he ends up like drinkwater nailed to a subs bench . And before some jump on me , I am a supporter of Leicester and those who play for us , and they ts just my view 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, westernpark said:

Probably just moving to Nottingham like the rest of the squad!

Is Tete living in Nottingham? He keeps posting a photo and it looks like the trent.

King's House is up for sale, wonder if one of the new boys fancies that, it's bloody lovely.

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I know it’s what happens , but I am really disappointed in YOURI , we took him when really no- one else wanted him , we payed a good price for him , he could have at least signed a 1 year extension so we could have got a few million back . Hope he ends up like drinkwater nailed to a subs bench . And before some jump on me , I am a supporter of Leicester and those who play for us , and they ts just my view 

He like all of us..worked to his contract..

nobody,but nobody has to sign, because it doesn’t pass,some outsider..

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

Really wouldn't surprise me at all at the end of all this if he signs a new deal.

I’d love that but can’t see it happening at this stage to be honest 

It will be interesting to see where he ends up though because his stock (like pretty much the rest of the team) has certainly fallen over the last year or so

I think the best he can hope for (at least, initially) is to be a benchwarmer at Arsenal/Man Utd or something like that. He’d probably take it though, hoping to break into the team at some stage 

Can’t see Liverpool/Man City coming in for him because of their style 

Or maybe he goes abroad 

8 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I’d love that but can’t see it happening at this stage to be honest 

It will be interesting to see where he ends up though because his stock (like pretty much the rest of the team) has certainly fallen over the last year or so

I think the best he can hope for (at least, initially) is to be a benchwarmer at Arsenal/Man Utd or something like that. He’d probably take it though, hoping to break into the team at some stage 

Can’t see Liverpool/Man City coming in for him because of their style 

Or maybe he goes abroad 

Could see him at someone like Juve, AC Milan or Atletico - a big name club that aren't actually that good at the minute.