Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

His lack of mobility is a huge contributing factor of why we play such a 'slow' and tedious style. The Tottenham game, and today until he came on, really show how Tielemans slows us down negatively. Contrast that to KDH and Tete first half, who were always playing everything first time. 

I said at the time that the Liverpool rumours were absolute nonsense, they'd love KDH, not Tielemans. We need more energy, Kristiansen has given us that, Tete a bit too, for me Tielemans is rapidly falling into the same category as Perez and Albrighton, as players who's lack of ability to cover ground severely limits us. 

• Like 2

On 15/02/2023 at 00:14, sacreblueits442 said:

...if that should happen,  we will take care of him, that is what the owners are building at this club, a family!!!

I know you are saying what the club may do not necessarily saying it’s your view but we absolutely shouldn’t of that was the case. We’ve given out enough sympathy contracts to injured players. 

He’s been great for us but we need to move in from him. If he picks up a bad injury then that’s unfortunate but he’s made his decision to run his contract down and that’s the risk. There’s players in the lower leagues who need every weeks wages in their short career who it’d be devastating not just the missed income but the opportunities thereafter. For someone like Youri, he’d get plenty of opportunities.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

We have really messed up with Youri big time.

Should have offloaded when we could for $$$.

Now we will lose him for nothing.

Good old city!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Only a minority of fans were saying sell him after winning us the FA Cup and almost qualifying for CL.

Most of us, and the club wanted another crack at CL qualification having got so close twice and keep the squad together. 

Remember also he was very close to signing the contract, and would have done if we'd qualified for CL.

• Like 1

I don’t think they was any bids so how could we sell him??

I hope he doesn’t sign a bumper deal because no other contact is there for him. I feel he’s a luxury we can’t afford in the midfield, our defending is a shîtshow when he’s in there.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2023 at 16:01, FoxyLeon said:

His lack of mobility is a huge contributing factor of why we play such a 'slow' and tedious style. The Tottenham game, and today until he came on, really show how Tielemans slows us down negatively. Contrast that to KDH and Tete first half, who were always playing everything first time. 

I said at the time that the Liverpool rumours were absolute nonsense, they'd love KDH, not Tielemans. We need more energy, Kristiansen has given us that, Tete a bit too, for me Tielemans is rapidly falling into the same category as Perez and Albrighton, as players who's lack of ability to cover ground severely limits us. 

Love KDH:jawdrop:What drivel

37 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Love KDH:jawdrop:What drivel

KDH would fit into Klopps style of play much better than Tielemans. 

That being said I've never seen a player physically decline so much at such a young age without any serious injuries as Tielemans has. Whilst the quality is still there he isn't able to keep up with the pace of the Premier League any more. At nearly 26 years old you'd be worried about how long he'll be able to play at the top level for.

50 minutes ago, Dames said:

KDH would fit into Klopps style of play much better than Tielemans. 

That being said I've never seen a player physically decline so much at such a young age without any serious injuries as Tielemans has. Whilst the quality is still there he isn't able to keep up with the pace of the Premier League any more. At nearly 26 years old you'd be worried about how long he'll be able to play at the top level for.

Even Youri is faster than Xavi and Pirlo and they were quite good you know. Its obvious his mind is elsewhere now , only a few months left. However his football brain is only matched by Maddison in our squad.

• Like 1