Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On 19/02/2023 at 17:01, FoxyLeon said:

His lack of mobility is a huge contributing factor of why we play such a 'slow' and tedious style. The Tottenham game, and today until he came on, really show how Tielemans slows us down negatively. Contrast that to KDH and Tete first half, who were always playing everything first time. 

I said at the time that the Liverpool rumours were absolute nonsense, they'd love KDH, not Tielemans. We need more energy, Kristiansen has given us that, Tete a bit too, for me Tielemans is rapidly falling into the same category as Perez and Albrighton, as players who's lack of ability to cover ground severely limits us. 

Not Albrighton,,,he got around quite easily…no dawdles..

On 21/02/2023 at 07:31, Raj said:

We have really messed up with Youri big time.

Should have offloaded when we could for $$$.

Now we will lose him for nothing.

Good old city!

You know,it doesn’t really bother me…

I get more upset on gameday results & performances…if some twat in recruitment can’t do his job,or a player works out his contract and let’s it run down…why not.

Its that said players services and performances that count…

If Rodgers can’t get our players performing,that’s a bigger worry…

Tielemans family are not rushing around, so  whatever the descision, no panic buttons…

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially as he has been the last man standing over the 4 years under Rodgers who refused to be broken. 

He’s the only player i’ve ever seen thats looked less fit after being rested. 

• Haha 2

Any news on his injury?

If he's played his last game for us he goes with well wishes but I can't say I'm as devastated as I would have been eighteen months ago.

Too long an under invested passenger. Another reason why player contracts seem to only benefit the players at all right now. Scandalous that he's had his eye on the exit and performed as such for so long. Clubs need a bit more protection in these circumstances.

20 hours ago, Dames said:

Hope the injury isn’t too bad but I would be extremely disappointed if the club let him sign a new deal on the back of a long term injury hampering his chances at a summer move. 

It would protect both parties. I am all for him signing a contract so we don't lose him on a free.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Any news on his injury?

If he's played his last game for us he goes with well wishes but I can't say I'm as devastated as I would have been eighteen months ago.

Too long an under invested passenger. Another reason why player contracts seem to only benefit the players at all right now. Scandalous that he's had his eye on the exit and performed as such for so long. Clubs need a bit more protection in these circumstances.

You think carrying on playing with an obvious ankle ligament problem is having an eye on the exit ???  I’d have been straight down the tunnel for treatment and assessment. 

Hope it’s like guimares’ one from a month or so back which looked really bad but was only a couple weeks

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

It would protect both parties. I am all for him signing a contract so we don't lose him on a free.

I’m not sure. It ‘looks’ like nobody is willing to pay us anything for him based on how quiet it’s been the last couple of transfer windows. I don’t therefore think it’s a case of getting a higher transfer fee for an in demand asset. All it would be is kick the can of him leaving for free down the road and he has been clearly wanting a new challenge.

I think we need to part ways for our sake in the summer as much as his. Will be fondly remembered for his iconic cup final goal and part in the 5th place finishes but time for both parties to let ways.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You think carrying on playing with an obvious ankle ligament problem is having an eye on the exit ???  I’d have been straight down the tunnel for treatment and assessment. 

No. I think that was a lack of getting taken off.

I love the bloke but he's been ****ing woeful for a while. Let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Now I think he’s had his time here. Being subbed and not really part of the future.

It’ll be interesting to see where Tielemans ends up.

My best guess is replacing Tielemans and Maddison with players of similar capabilities will cost us the best part of £100 million. Maddison sale price may be limited by persistent injury problems and the short remaining time on his contract. Buying so called promising players will probably mean a period of struggle for the team. Its put up or shut up time for Top.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

My best guess is replacing Tielemans and Maddison with players of similar capabilities will cost us the best part of £100 million. Maddison sale price may be limited by persistent injury problems and the short remaining time on his contract. Buying so called promising players will probably mean a period of struggle for the team. Its put up or shut up time for Top.

We chase the new boy on the block, not the ready made superstar,so we won’t be paying these astronomical numbers… so Top does not have to put up or shut up..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We chase the new boy on the block, not the ready made superstar,so we won’t be paying these astronomical numbers… so Top does not have to put up or shut up..

Yes , but the interim means we are going to struggle greatly. These two players are far too influential to be replaced with self improvers. If our owners are not now prepared to underwrite substantial transfer fees. , the inevitable will happen. We are receiving next to nothing from players leaving the club . They have to put their hands deep down into their pockets or the dream is over.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yes , but the interim means we are going to struggle greatly. These two players are far too influential to be replaced with self improvers. If our owners are not now prepared to underwrite substantial transfer fees. , the inevitable will happen. We are receiving next to nothing from players leaving the club . They have to put their hands deep down into their pockets or the dream is over.

We are not in the same bracket of even Spurs,let alone the rest of the top clubs.

We have to accept, what  and where we are financially..It is what it is…

I don’t want rich oil shieks. If the dream is over,I won’t blame the owners for not digging deeper..

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We are not in the same bracket of even Spurs,let alone the rest of the top clubs.

We have to accept, what  and where we are financially..It is what it is…

I don’t want rich oil shieks. If the dream is over,I won’t blame the owners for not digging deeper..

I respect you for that but many on here are not patient people. Of course they in no way represent the majority of the clubs supporters. To remain patient and wait for another upturn in ten years or so requires a stoicism that many on here do not have.

Peak Tielemans was a sight to behold. Truly a wonderful technical midfielder. His only negative is his lack of pace and he looks immobile. Remember when he was worked into the ground playing every week. In 20/21 he played 51 games and in 21/22 he played 50 games. Plus the Euros in between. Crazy numbers. I'm of the opinion he's played too much football in his younger days. He has almost 500 career games (including international football) and he's only 25.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The sale of Maddison will come out of necessity… we may have to rely on Newcastle or a newly owned Man United to throw stupid money at him. 

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Peak Tielemans was a sight to behold. Truly a wonderful technical midfielder. His only negative is his lack of pace and he looks immobile. Remember when he was worked into the ground playing every week. In 20/21 he played 51 games and in 21/22 he played 50 games. Plus the Euros in between. Crazy numbers. I'm of the opinion he's played too much football in his younger days. He has almost 500 career games (including international football) and he's only 25.

Very true.

The same thing happened to Torres and Bale, too many games with little recovery can negatively impact the most robust of players. 

Youri is a legend, regardless of what people think of him and along Vardy and Mahrez will go down as one of our greatest ever players. That strike helped establish one of the most unique footballing moments in recent history…… what a few years this club has had. 

One of the things that I fear for Tielemans is that, aged 25, there have been 430+ first class games been through them legs.

He's spent vast periods of time here looking leggy and off pace. The 'needs to play himself into fitness' line has been trotted out but I sense a bit of the Micheal Owens about him. He's been ran into the ground a bit.

Ironically, Barcelona might actually help this. He'll have a greater team around him and might be able to do less work in the games. Whether they will want someone running on fumes before their prime, however...

1 hour ago, Koke said:

The past year its been very noticeable how much more often he struggles with the pace of games but at the same

time he’s a bit of a paradox because he somehow looks less fit after a rest. He needs to play to stay fit but at the same

time he’s running himself down. I do feel for the bloke because he’s very talented technically but he really doesn’t have the body to compete at the level he should be. 

For his own benefit he needs to move to a slower league otherwise he’ll be broken by the time he’s 27.