Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

No. I think that was a lack of getting taken off.

I love the bloke but he's been ****ing woeful for a while. Let's not pretend otherwise.

...his game did pick up a bit, pre World Cup, but now back to him under performing again!!!

I cannot fathom why we kept him on the pitch when initially assessed, the game was gone, (going by the way we were playing) and there was nothing to gain. I can only believe that the player made the call to stay on, it makes no sense otherwise. All he was going to achieve was make the injury worse.

A decision should have been made to take him off.

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I respect you for that but many on here are not patient people. Of course they in no way represent the majority of the clubs supporters. To remain patient and wait for another upturn in ten years or so requires a stoicism that many on here do not have.

Hmm, I’d sooner see young players with the future mind brought in than the ‘proven premier league’ players such as Perez, Vestergard and Bertrand of recent years!

Players come and go so the only way for a club to stay relevant is a long term plan. We have seen that with ourselves that now we have moved away from what made us great, we are fast becoming irrelevant. 

18 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Problem is what young and up and coming players of the future? Some of our so called young up and coming players are out on loan and can't get a kick at their so called second rate clubs, because they aren't good enough. 

I mean yeah, if the academy could be bringing through stars regularly that would be great. For what it’s worth, I think in comparison to many clubs, having Barnes, KDH and Thomas (despite the stick he gets) is not bad going.

If you were referring to my post immediately above though, this refers to transfers, not just the academy. Look no further than our last two left back purchases.

Bertrand or Kristiansen? I’m sure there’s a couple of here that would probably say Bertrand and mean it but yeah, the young up and coming player over the apparent proven one every time!

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I mean yeah, if the academy could be bringing through stars regularly that would be great. For what it’s worth, I think in comparison to many clubs, having Barnes, KDH and Thomas (despite the stick he gets) is not bad going.

If you were referring to my post immediately above though, this refers to transfers, not just the academy. Look no further than our last two left back purchases.

Bertrand or Kristiansen? I’m sure there’s a couple of here that would probably say Bertrand and mean it but yeah, the young up and coming player over the apparent proven one every time!

Our starting line up in the PL winning side had no academy players, King was mainly on the bench. Our current academy teams are way off it. Thomas has been dismissed as not good enough and even KDH gets a lot of criticism on here. I absolutely believe in the rapid promotion of young talent but many think teenagers have no place in the PL and that to me is rubbish. This club is doing a thoroughly bad job with its young players at the moment. However we have to compete in the here and now and we need quality players. Losing Maddison and Tielemans will leave a massive hole.

16 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I respect you for that but many on here are not patient people. Of course they in no way represent the majority of the clubs supporters. To remain patient and wait for another upturn in ten years or so requires a stoicism that many on here do not have.

Well the situation won’t change,”so the new way fans”,will have to bend a little.

Upturns,downturns will take their natural levels,facts get in the way of demanding

investment requirements…& Fans won’t get owners changed purely on, disappointing,frustrating financial restraints…

Some fans will have to get out of their prams,and collect their dummies for another time,with the danger Mama wont let them get back in…:celebrate:

• Like 1

Tielemans?

“We’re just waiting on the scan results. That will come through today. It didn’t look good. He did very well to come back onto the pitch. He showed real bravery. It looks a nasty one. We’ll see what the results.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

He may well have miscalculated when he declined to extend his contract with Leicester, and hoped to run it down and thus get a bigger contract elsewhere.

It will be a salutary lesson to others who want to move on. Sign an extended contract and you'll still get the chance of a move, but if something bad happens you'll be covered by the obliging Leicester contract. 

He's been a good professional player otherwise, and we all wish him well I think. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...his game did pick up a bit, pre World Cup, but now back to him under performing again!!!

I cannot fathom why we kept him on the pitch when initially assessed, the game was gone, (going by the way we were playing) and there was nothing to gain. I can only believe that the player made the call to stay on, it makes no sense otherwise. All he was going to achieve was make the injury worse.

A decision should have been made to take him off.

We were in a tough spot— he was our fifth sub and one moment of magic could have stolen us a vital point. 

It did look like he insisted on getting back in the game. We’re really going to miss that type of attitude from him whenever he leaves.  

Edited by The_77
Typo

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers lets clearly injured player remain on pitch. Clearly injured player now looking likely to miss a good chunk of games.

Depends what Youri said to the physio and what they said to Rodgers

How often do we see players try and “run off” something that initially looks bad

I get the feeling Youri will have wanted to carry on

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Rodgers lets clearly injured player remain on pitch. Clearly injured player now looking likely to miss a good chunk of games.

...I  just do not understand why he would let the player make the call!!!

If there is anything we have been crying out for and that is leadership and you need decisive people around this club. I would have pulled him off, play with 10 men, it wouldn't be the first time, there is only one person who should be in charge.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

If there is anything we have been crying out for and that is leadership and you need decisive people around this club. I would have pulled him off, play with 10 men, it wouldn't be the first time, there is only one person who should be in charge.

94E2761D-AA1E-4ECB-A47D-29DCC83F75D2.jpeg.056b5b6ba14624a8c94455b6ce8e11f9.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think few would agree with you if we had ended up losing 5-0. We have to play without him now , possibly for good. He has been hammered on here consistently recently. It will be no use screaming at Rodgers to bring him on when we are losing. Welcome to the future and that may apply to Maddison as well.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think few would agree with you if we had ended up losing 5-0. We have to play without him now , possibly for good. He has been hammered on here consistently recently. It will be no use screaming at Rodgers to bring him on when we are losing. Welcome to the future and that may apply to Maddison as well.

Our best performances recently have been without Tielemans, however without Maddison is a different kettle of fish.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

...not sure the point you are making here!!!

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Depends what Youri said to the physio and what they said to Rodgers

How often do we see players try and “run off” something that initially looks bad

I get the feeling Youri will have wanted to carry on

He would always choose to stay on because that's the type of player he is. The moment he went down the 2nd time, you forget about the rest of the game. It's all about preventing the player from making it worse.

It's happened plenty of times in the past. Short term thinking from the manager. Leaving Vardy on with a pulled groin for 30 mins is still my favourite Rodgers choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Why is it so hard for everyone to just wish Youre well. He took one for the team yesterday. It’s a serious injury and yes it hurts his chances of moving on but it also hurts us too we need him in the upcoming games. Yes his performances have been up and down but you could level that at the whole team especially Vardy. In the moment he was thinking nothing but winning the ball and starting an attack so we can get a goal nothing less. I’m sad he got hurt but glad he was giving a shit at a point in the game where we looked dead & buried. 

It's one of the weird things of our support base..

A folk hero and club legend like Youri gets nothing but disrespect from multiple users on here, but heaven help you if you dare to criticise tete or Cengiz Under.

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If he’s out for a long time (months), do we have to offer him medical support?

No once his contract expires he will be on his own however as a football club I am sure we would support him rightly seeing as he has been a fantastic servant and we are lucky to have had his quality throughout his time here - if however he signs or has agreed a move then I imagine that club will support his recovery.

I for one hope it is not serious and we see him again very soon as he will be another irreplaceable player and those scathing of him should be careful what you wish for.