Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

11 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I mean yeah, if the academdy could be bringing through stars regularly that would be great. For what it’s worth, I think in comparison to many clubs, having Barnes, KDH and Thomas (despite the stick he gets) is not bad going.

If you were referring to my post immediately above though, this refers to transfers, not just the academy. Look no further than our last two left back purchases.

Bertrand or Kristiansen? I’m sure there’s a couple of here that would probably say Bertrand and mean it but yeah, the young up and coming player over the apparent proven one every time!

Baybrooke and KDH to be running the midfield in the coming years

51 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If he’s out for a long time (months), do we have to offer him medical support?

We offer him all the support he is entitled to as per the other players as part of his contract. Once the contract ends, then no that is not our problem (I doubt he’d still be injured then anyway). 

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's one of the weird things of our support base..

A folk hero and club legend like Youri gets nothing but disrespect from multiple users on here, but heaven help you if you dare to criticise tete or Cengiz Under.

You never know what you have got till it's gone , like Muzzy. Even if he has had less effective spells , he has always been there ,187 games. He is not the very highest class, few are , but he is genuine class.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

No once his contract expires he will be on his own however as a football club I am sure we would support him rightly seeing as he has been a fantastic servant and we are lucky to have had his quality throughout his time here - if however he signs or has agreed a move then I imagine that club will support his recovery.

I for one hope it is not serious and we see him again very soon as he will be another irreplaceable player and those scathing of him should be careful what you wish for.

But we have NHS,everybody gets medical support…..

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Playing on with it won't have done any extra damage. In many ways it won't have felt as bad then as it does now with the swelling.

That's a properly bad one though - I reckon three months at least which is basically the season.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

15 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

But we have NHS,everybody gets medical support…..

And actually, he wouldn’t even have to use it. He’s a multi millionaire and could walk into any private medical facility and get it taken care of.

Let’s be honest, the likelihood is that this injury possibly keeps him out for the rest of the season but he is fit to sign for a new club for pre-season.

The worse case scenario for him is, the injury is that bad say kept him out for the rest of the calendar year. Let’s say as a result, nobody signs him and he ends up a free agent come July. In this scenario, he has to pay for private treatment himself. The cost of this is probably less than he earns in a day in his contract with us let’s be honest. He then goes on to sign a multi million £ contract with another club.

In the real world, people are reliant on the NHS and are waiting with issues with knees, hips etc (not to mention illnesses but the comparison being physical injuries) for years in pain and can’t afford to do anything else and will be working through the pain etc.

So comments saying we should look after him and pay for his treatment annoy me. Of course I hope it’s short term and that we see him again this season, and I wish him well in the future. But it’s not Leicester’s problem once his contract ends. He has been paid well and contributed to some great moments and will be fondly remembered. But the contract works both ways and he has chosen to run it down knowing the risks. We don’t owe him anything more once the contract ends.

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

And actually, he wouldn’t even have to use it. He’s a multi millionaire and could walk into any private medical facility and get it taken care of.

Let’s be honest, the likelihood is that this injury possibly keeps him out for the rest of the season but he is fit to sign for a new club for pre-season.

The worse case scenario for him is, the injury is that bad say kept him out for the rest of the calendar year. Let’s say as a result, nobody signs him and he ends up a free agent come July. In this scenario, he has to pay for private treatment himself. The cost of this is probably less than he earns in a day in his contract with us let’s be honest. He then goes on to sign a multi million £ contract with another club.

In the real world, people are reliant on the NHS and are waiting with issues with knees, hips etc (not to mention illnesses but the comparison being physical injuries) for years in pain and can’t afford to do anything else and will be working through the pain etc.

So comments saying we should look after him and pay for his treatment annoy me. Of course I hope it’s short term and that we see him again this season, and I wish him well in the future. But it’s not Leicester’s problem once his contract ends. He has been paid well and contributed to some great moments and will be fondly remembered. But the contract works both ways and he has chosen to run it down knowing the risks. We don’t owe him anything more once the contract ends.

I actually agree,he played the call ( his right) close to the line….

It might leave him in that twighlight zone,of between contracts

( but it was/is his responsibility )

Though this club never leaves a flailing sheep…

• Like 1

Glad its not serious and he has a chance to say a proper farewell towards the end of the season. Also gives us a chance to see what the long term impact of his absence from the team would be. Personally I don't think he will be missed as much as he would have been 2 seasons ago. 

52 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Maddison's availabilty now becomes even more critical as Tielemans is the other near 50% of our creativity going forward. 

He isn’t. A grand total of 1 assist this year. KDH and Perez have a higher key passes average. 

Madders will be missed so much. 

I like Youri but his impact will be felt so much less when he goes with others already surpassing his in game contributions in the last year. 

24 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

He isn’t. A grand total of 1 assist this year. KDH and Perez have a higher key passes average. 

Madders will be missed so much. 

I like Youri but his impact will be felt so much less when he goes with others already surpassing his in game contributions in the last year. 

I appreciate your positivity but fear it might be a little misplaced. Identifying one specific stat doesn't necessarily tell the full story of his contributions going forward. Goals, goal involvements and his ability to progress the play when taking possession in tight areas also speak to his creative, offensive impact.  The club's ability to replace him will be far from easy and will further highlight his value to the team.

20 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Playing on with it won't have done any extra damage. In many ways it won't have felt as bad then as it does now with the swelling.

That's a properly bad one though - I reckon three months at least which is basically the season.

Good thing you're not running the medical team.

If this injury turns out to take a longer to heal than expected he could find himself in a situation where he is almost forced to sign the contract that has been offered, or risk having no club next season. That is of course, assuming the offer remains on the table. Given our past record in looking after long term injured players though, it is unlikely that the club would leave him high and dry.

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If this injury turns out to take a longer to heal than expected he could find himself in a situation where he is almost forced to sign the contract that has been offered, or risk having no club next season. That is of course, assuming the offer remains on the table. Given our past record in looking after long term injured players though, it is unlikely that the club would leave him high and dry.

Why, with state of the art Medicals these days I’m sure there will be clubs willing to take a punt with no transfer fee involved.

Terms can even be put place in any new contract that a certain number of games must be met to activate the following years of the contract.

I guess it depends on what’s on the table from the club and what’s on offer from any proposed suitors and if the club have set a deadline on the offer.

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Fingers crossed he is back before the end of the season even if it's the final games.

He deserves a nice send off given what he's done for this club even if he doesn't make it back on the pitch.

• Like 1