Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He’s had some moments of pure magic this season - but I don’t understand why an Arsenal or Liverpool or anybody in that top six looks at him and thinks he’s a player that can take us forward. Too slow to be a top level midfielder and sometimes very poor decision making. 

• Like 1

Either he wasn't match fit before he even started, or he just couldn't be bothered. He was feeling his hamstring at one point too.

Tempted to just drive him to Emirates Stadium now before he runs, well, walks his contract out and gets caught in possession in our half again.

I agree he cares but I also think he’s not the type of player we need. Yes he’s capable of some good passes occasionally but overall we need a much more mobile presence than what he can offer. I understand him being sluggish after a short injury lay-off but for me his fitness has been really poor for almost 2 years.

Do his bit and keep us up and I’ll be forever grateful for his services but I’m not too worried about him going.

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

One thing I think you can deny is that he does care! Looked a yard off today but still think he’ll have a day in our survival 

...I feel that Smith feels that having a player with Tielemans skillset is important to have out on the pitch!!!

He must be in two minds right now, as we have seen how inconsistent he can be as well as a liability. He has come back too soon, his conditioning has always been a problem and he needs the legs in the midfiled to effectively push us forward. He needs to play in a midfield three.

23 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I agree he cares but I also think he’s not the type of player we need. Yes he’s capable of some good passes occasionally but overall we need a much more mobile presence than what he can offer. I understand him being sluggish after a short injury lay-off but for me his fitness has been really poor for almost 2 years.

Do his bit and keep us up and I’ll be forever grateful for his services but I’m not too worried about him going.

How’s his fitness been poor over the last two years? He’s just slow.

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He looked very happy in added time - he certainly cares 

Yes, just out of form and fitness. No one is obliged to sign a longer contract and he always puts in a shift.

Not great today, but still a great player.

• Like 1

Doesn't look match fit, but he is still a quality player. He's also a leader on the pitch which we've lacked over the last couple of months.

Made a few mistakes but that'll improve with minutes.

Did look like like he pulled his groin in the first half but managed to carry on.

I don't think he is match fit, but lets not pretend he wasn't trotting out below par performances before his injury. He's got to quicken up, far too many times he gets caught on the ball especially when he's facing our goal. I don't agree with the notion that he doesn't care, he shows that he does, the clip of him in the dugout waiting for the final whistle was great to see.

Controversially, I'm not sure him or Maddison would be in my starting line up for the next two. I'd take a hit on the quality they offer for players who will give us a bit more fight all over the pitch. No disrespect to either of them but I think Maddison is well and truly in self-preservation mode going off the past few weeks performances and Tielemans as above just isn't up to the speed of competing against teams who will be battling for their survival. 

12 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Don’t agree with this, yes he was crap yesterday but we have missed him massively since he’s been injured and we’ll miss him massively when he goes at the end of the season

• Like 1