Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Someone would need to bid for that to happen. Despite all the noise weve not had a single offer for him in 4 years

I think the news hype has really turned his head he’s not been the same Tenacious Youri for a long time now, yesterday at fault got their goal summed it up really before he would have pulled that ball back turned and passed a beauty !

26 minutes ago, trooky said:

We should have sold him last summer for a realistic fee because he's not really contributed anything this year.

And how do you force him to go if his intention was to run down his contract? Or we never had any bids? 

So many football managers here living in cloud cuckoo land 

I doubt any big club will want him, he’s showing his failings, slow, ponderous and it appears easy to take the ball from him, and he gives a lot of free kicks away when trying to win the ball back. I can see him being here next season. Alright, he hits the ball well, but so did Paul Gallagher!

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

He does make a difference, but his mistakes stand out like saw thumbs when they happen. I lot of the time he looked in 2 minds yesterday, and i think he is adjusting to the new setup whilst coming back from an injury. Still believe he is an important part of us getting to safety in the next 6 games.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I doubt any big club will want him, he’s showing his failings, slow, ponderous and it appears easy to take the ball from him, and he gives a lot of free kicks away when trying to win the ball back. I can see him being here next season. Alright, he hits the ball well, but so did Paul Gallagher!

He has cost us a fair few goals with losing the ball in dangerous positions

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

And how do you force him to go if his intention was to run down his contract? Or we never had any bids? 

So many football managers here living in cloud cuckoo land 

Reports in the press suggested we wanted £40 million for a player in his last year, nobody is paying that.

We could have sold him easily for £10-£15 million to Arsenal which is more than well get this year.

How are we forcing anyone out a player who doesn't want to be part of the team?

Sell him for a  reasonable price then the buying club can pay his huge signing on fee, which is the only reason for wanting to run down a contract.

The only person in cloud cuckoo land is you.

Edited by trooky

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He does make a difference, but his mistakes stand out like saw thumbs when they happen. I lot of the time he looked in 2 minds yesterday, and i think he is adjusting to the new setup whilst coming back from an injury. Still believe he is an important part of us getting to safety in the next 6 games.

Dean Smith knows it too....

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He has cost us a fair few goals with losing the ball in dangerous positions

The modern way of playing out from the back, being given the ball in dangerous positions has cost us dearly this season and not just Youri.

Not just us though Harry M for Man Utd vs Sevilla and Southamptons first goal yesterday both very similar. It’s all very fashionable to play out from the back but to give a player the ball in that position is suicide, sometimes it’s best to just put your foot through it, only that’s seen as football from the dark ages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The modern way of playing out from the back, being given the ball in dangerous positions has cost us dearly this season and not just Youri.

Not just us though Harry M for Man Utd vs Sevilla and Southamptons first goal yesterday both very similar. It’s all very fashionable to play out from the back but to give a player the ball in that position is suicide, sometimes it’s best to just put your foot through it, only that’s seen as football from the dark ages. 

Its what comes of thinking "Football Manager" is real football. Football is about winning games , whatever way necessary. Sometimes you can score a " pretty " goal but what pleases me most is causing chaos in the box and getting a tap in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ffs. Where's your decency man? 

He's a club great. We haven't that many. Let's stick by those who are. 

We’re in a relegation scrap. We have to play with our best and most committed. Right now, that’s not Youri.

• Haha 1

Yeh Youri...great player but not as good as he thinks he is... no other club wanted to pay money for him because they did not think he was worth it..I find it hard to believe a player who has decided he is too big for this club can ever put in 100%.

1 minute ago, sycokilla said:

Yeh Youri...great player but not as good as he thinks he is... no other club wanted to pay money for him because they did not think he was worth it..I find it hard to believe a player who has decided he is too big for this club can ever put in 100%.

We didn't want to sell for less than £40 million, and who's paying that when they can get him on a free for 12 months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Reports in the press suggested we wanted £40 million for a player in his last year, nobody is paying that.

We could have sold him easily for £10-£15 million to Arsenal which is more than well get this year.

How are we forcing anyone out a player who doesn't want to be part of the team?

Sell him for a  reasonable price then the buying club can pay his huge signing on fee, which is the only reason for wanting to run down a contract.

The only person in cloud cuckoo land is you.

Ok let's break down what you said.

Reports suggested we wanted £40m ? Possibly true. If it was there was certainly no takers.

12 months ago if we had sold him for £10-15m fan base  would have gone crazy. 

Most here were saying rather keep him than get £20m for him.

Player who didn’t want to be part if the team? 

Hum.. Don't remember seeing anything saying he didn't want to be part of this team only reports saying he wanted to keep all options open.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All delusional fans have it though in abundance.  

Now....retreat to your next and wait for mummy. She has a nice fat worm for you. 

I am not overly concerned with Tielemans going - it happens and it always will. I know there are some fans who give him the world class tag but that is ridiculously stupid. He can be a good player but no where near Supreme/world class. 

I am annoyed that we won’t get anything from him. We can’t live like that. 

33 minutes ago, Phenom said:

We’re in a relegation scrap. We have to play with our best and most committed. Right now, that’s not Youri.

He was many things yesterday but not once did I question his commitment. Unfortunately, his 'bangers per match' stat is low.