Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He’s definitely been great for us and will be remembered fondly for the FA cup goal.

I do tend to think that his level is midtable or slightly higher. He shone for us when the side was performing very well collectively.

I just feel his thinks he is better than he is by running his contract down for these so called ‘better offers’. Is he really going to be a starter or key player for a club of a higher standing than us?…

43 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Ok let's break down what you said.

Reports suggested we wanted £40m ? Possibly true. If it was there was certainly no takers.

12 months ago if we had sold him for £10-15m fan base  would have gone crazy. 

Most here were saying rather keep him than get £20m for him.

Player who didn’t want to be part if the team? 

Hum.. Don't remember seeing anything saying he didn't want to be part of this team only reports saying he wanted to keep all options open.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All delusional fans have it though in abundance.  

Now....retreat to your next and wait for mummy. She has a nice fat worm for you. 

Who's delusional, and don't like worms

Edited by trooky

On 23/04/2023 at 17:55, LCFCJohn said:

He’s definitely been great for us and will be remembered fondly for the FA cup goal.

I do tend to think that his level is midtable or slightly higher. He shone for us when the side was performing very well collectively.

I just feel his thinks he is better than he is by running his contract down for these so called ‘better offers’. Is he really going to be a starter or key player for a club of a higher standing than us?…

He won't stay in the premiership need to go to the Italian league where he has a chance of some European football in a slower league.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But has this been confirmed through an official source like Rob Tanner, or just someone on here assuming it?

His contract expires in two months and there's no indication he's going to be signing a new one so I'm not sure why you'd assume anything else

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Walks into our greatest ever 11. Shame that the last 18 months have been a struggle for him, but at his peak he was a sensational footballer.

I dont think he does, i think Izzet and kante take the midfield roles 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

Yeah depends what the basis is. Greatest player or greatest for Leicester? Because arguably for me Drinkwater would be in over Youri

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah depends what the basis is. Greatest player or greatest for Leicester? Because arguably for me Drinkwater would be in over Youri

Of course it also becomes generational i started watching city in the early 90s so growing up with Walsh, Thompson, Izzet, up to the recent years makes it all suggestive

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 17:55, LCFCJohn said:

Don't think so tbh. At least we didn't re-sign him on ridiculous money. If he wanted to re-sign now he should certainly be offered a lot less than he's on now because he's not worth it. Best for all he leaves now.

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

Walks into our greatest ever 11. Shame that the last 18 months have been a struggle for him, but at his peak he was a sensational footballer.

Absolutely nowhere near for me. Hugely overrated on his all round game. When Puel first sounded him out we hadn't really got one credible attacking type midfield player and so he did shine amongst the rest in a way, but sensational as a player I think not, the odd sensational goal absolutely. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

4 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

Of course it also becomes generational i started watching city in the early 90s so growing up with Walsh, Thompson, Izzet, up to the recent years makes it all suggestive

Surely Robbie Savage gets in as well… 😬

I think on his day Youri is one of the best I can remember, but at this point it's so long ago since we've seen that player that you have to question what his real level is. 

Can see him going to a CL contender in Europe, can't imagine any of the rich PL clubs will be that interested. 

11 hours ago, Koke said:

No he doesn't.   He might be considered.   I don't think we'd have won the title with him in the side.

Few players are automatic choices for best ever 11.   Kante and Mahrez would be hard to disagree with.  Vardy almost certain but i never saw Rowley play.   Fuchs probably.  Huth maybe.

11 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

Kante and Maddison for me although I assume Maddison is being considered as a more attacking player so wouldn’t be in direct competition.

Tielemans is an amazing player on his day and had that one really good season for us, but otherwise he’s always been very very hit and miss and you can often see why Monaco deemed him as not good enough in a relegation battle. 

Tielemans at his best was better than Izzet at his best, but Izzet had way more genuinely good seasons. As others have said, you can easily argue Drinkwater or Ndidi at their peak were as good as Tielemans at his peak though. 

As others have said, I think Tielemans is much more suited to the Italian game than the English game and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move to a good Italian club in the summer.

Edited by Sampson

Youri is good player without doubt, but will alway look better in a good side which can hide his weaknesses.

No surprise when we were in full flight in 19/20 and 20/21 season he was at his best.

He's alway going to struggle in a poorer side were physicality becomes more important.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't think so tbh. At least we didn't re-sign him on ridiculous money. If he wanted to re-sign now he should certainly be offered a lot less than he's on now because he's not worth it. Best for all he leaves now.

He’s on 75k ish atm  

if you believe we would re sign him on less than that and without a stonking s/o fee because he’s out of contract then I’ve got a lot of bad news for you regarding what’s happened since 1980 ……..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, majaco said:

No he doesn't.   He might be considered.   I don't think we'd have won the title with him in the side.

Few players are automatic choices for best ever 11.   Kante and Mahrez would be hard to disagree with.  Vardy almost certain but i never saw Rowley play.   Fuchs probably.  Huth maybe.

433. Midfield 3 of Kante, Tielemans and izzet. Front 3 of Mahrez, Vardy and Maddison.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Koke said:

I can't see it somehow. Players like Keith Weller, Gary McAllister, Ali Mauchlen, Izzet, Kante, Joachim, Drinkwater etc would surely edge him out in the 11?

• Haha 1

He's definitely in the reckoning for our best XI, depends on what you base it on in terms of whether he just gets in or just misses out.

Unless you are going for 15/16 team as our default best ever XI Drinkwater shouldnt be anywhere near our best ever XI