Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He’s on 75k ish atm  

if you believe we would re sign him on less than that and without a stonking s/o fee because he’s out of contract then I’ve got a lot of bad news for you regarding what’s happened since 1980 ……..

Thought he was on a lot more than that but nevertheless, wouldn't want to sign him back on in his current state, time to move on. 

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

He's definitely in the reckoning for our best XI, depends on what you base it on in terms of whether he just gets in or just misses out.

Unless you are going for 15/16 team as our default best ever XI Drinkwater shouldnt be anywhere near our best ever XI

But he was brilliant that year.  Tielemans FA Cup winner was phenomenal.   He is a hell of a player but probably not in the best ever XI

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Got to stop the lazy passes toward the end of the game, put Maddison in big trouble and earned a booking.

Genuinely don't think he's giving his all, tbh.

He starts to lose the ball because he is criminally unfit. I'd know, it's what I do after about 5 minutes of 5 a side. 

Get the man off the choccies and on a treadmill. 

It'll be as simple as discipline. He has looked at his best for us when he has looked anything like being half able to run. Usually mid-season after the summer gut has started to shed.

I don't think he consciously tries less on the pitch because of his pending exit, but does he work relentlessly off the pitch, sticking to a strict fitness and diet regime right now? No chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if he's mentally checked out or just struggling to regain any kind of form. 

Best bit of play was the lofted ball for one of Vardy's chances. But it's staggering how many times he's just dallying on the ball these days and gets the ball nicked off him. 

We need him to step up. Anything below 7/8 out of 10 is unacceptable.

• Like 1

Won’t be sad to see the back of him.

He wants to be at a top club playing in top competitions. Best start improving on the tippy tappy shit and the sloppiness. Gives the ball away so easy in dangerous positions.

Delusions of grandeur.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

Soumare is his replacement. He won’t deliver the bangers but that’s all Youri has in him now. Soumare has come on leaps and bounds last few games and will lose the ball, but I think will get better and better.

Thing is, I think Youri has a key banger left in him. 

22 minutes ago, tomtom said:

All those wanting him gone probably wanted Kasper gone too,  look how that worked out.

I suppose the obvious difference is that we weren't in the process of getting relegated when Kasper left. And he appeared to like playing for us.

18 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Its strange for a professional sportsman to be so so unathletic like tielesman - weak, slow and has no stamina.

He is still our best CM though which says it all.

Reminded a bit of the old Ronaldo (the Brazilian one). Incredible skill, and capable of scoring great goals against the world's best defenders. But unable to stop a decline into chubbiness. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nod.E said:

He starts to lose the ball because he is criminally unfit. I'd know, it's what I do after about 5 minutes of 5 a side. 

Get the man off the choccies and on a treadmill. 

It'll be as simple as discipline. He has looked at his best for us when he has looked anything like being half able to run. Usually mid-season after the summer gut has started to shed.

I don't think he consciously tries less on the pitch because of his pending exit, but does he work relentlessly off the pitch, sticking to a strict fitness and diet regime right now? No chance.

...but he was never pulled up with this by Rodgers, he was indulged in all he wanted!!!

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 15:57, majaco said:

But he was brilliant that year.  Tielemans FA Cup winner was phenomenal.   He is a hell of a player but probably not in the best ever XI

...he seems to perform when he feels that he needs to!!!

In his first loan period he was top draw, when the deal was done, the quality dropped off for a long time. Just before the World Cup, he was right back on it, the quality went off the charts again. Back from the World Cup,  and his level has dropped once again.

You can be sure where ever he goes, he will be top quality at the start of the new season again.

• Like 1