Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

21 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Soumare is his replacement. He won’t deliver the bangers but that’s all Youri has in him now. Soumare has come on leaps and bounds last few games and will lose the ball, but I think will get better and better.

Thing is, I think Youri has a key banger left in him. 

...in a midfield 3, Soumare needs a creative player and a DM with him!!!

If he is a replacement it would be for KDH who has the same role, but totally different in style.

We are not looking for too much creativity from Soumare although he has it, but not on the level of Tielemans. 

Tielemans inconsistencies are his downfall, we need someone who we can rely on to give us a 7/8 every game.

23 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

I have to disagree. He ran himself into the ground tonight, several times he was running back as fast as he could and was blowing out of his arse. He cares, he's just not fit enough!

He is unfit, he’s hardly played in recent weeks and last night was end to end. He has however not looked for the ball in a number of games earlier in the season and there is no excuse for that. 

3 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

It really was. For all his occasional howlers and often horrendous distribution, it really was.

It wouldn't have been if the club looked into getting a new goalkeeper years before. Kasper was getting to an age where he was gonna leave or retire, and used to say how he wanted to play in Europe. The fact the club just continued and didn't bother getting a new number 1 in was criminal. It's one of the reasons we are in this mess.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It wouldn't have been if the club looked into getting a new goalkeeper years before. Kasper was getting to an age where he was gonna leave or retire, and used to say how he wanted to play in Europe. The fact the club just continued and didn't bother getting a new number 1 in was criminal. It's one of the reasons we are in this mess.

..the question would be, why would we have looked to bring another goalkeeper in, when Ward was thought to be good enough!!!

The fact that Ward failed to meet our expectations is very much part of the problem, along with a manager who put the club's status in the Premier League in jeopardy, in order to make a point.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Youri.

I suspect it will be 3 options;

1 - a genuine top English side have been biding their time to sign him for free. Most like Arsenal or Man Utd. Here he would be a squad player off the bench.

2 - goes to a European side, possibly more suited to his pace and wanting him on the ball. Italian league would suit him. Probably is more of a key player in a side going further in Europe.

3 - he isn’t as appealing as he thought but wants to stay in England with his best offers being Newcastle or Aston Villa. He would probably be a first team player, or until replaced in Newcastle’s case. This would be disappointing as it would be hard for him to claim these are the kind of ‘dream moves’ he ran his contract down for. In the case of Villa, they are not even likely to reach the heights we have whilst he has been with us.

I hope he goes for option 2 (like Soyuncu going to a legitimate European giant). It would make the decision to run his contract down justified and allow him to be a key player for a side competing at the highest level.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They did? Hence the consistent loan spells for Iversen and why those loans continued to take him up a level. For how little we seem to utilise loaning players out or getting those loans out right, I think it speaks volumes as to what the plan for Iversen was. Rodgers decided against sticking with it

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They did? Hence the consistent loan spells for Iversen and why those loans continued to take him up a level. For how little we seem to utilise loaning players out or getting those loans out right, I think it speaks volumes as to what the plan for Iversen was. Rodgers decided against sticking with it

Iversen is okay but not a replacement number 1. For me anyway. I’m talking about we should have got a new good goalkeeper in as Kasper’s replacement. Management obviously see different, as they did give Ward a chance too. Though Iversen is the better out of the two and it shouldn’t have taken this long for him to replace Ward.

Obviously we're not privy to who or who isn't interested in him, for all we know he may have signed a contract with someone.

However I do find it quite amusing Soy has signed for Atletico, Amartey is apparently going AC Milan, but it seems no-one is interested or in for Youri.

I didn't think anyone would pay money for Youri but I thought there be a few clubs interested in him on a free and you'd think there'd be rumours, even the Arsenal rumours seem to have gone cold, unless i've missed them.

There was a reason why no 'top' clubs were willing to gamble on him before he ended up here.

Edited by Matt

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Iversen is okay but not a replacement number 1. For me anyway. I’m talking about we should have got a new good goalkeeper in as Kasper’s replacement. Management obviously see different, as they did give Ward a chance too. Though Iversen is the better out of the two and it shouldn’t have taken this long for him to replace Ward.

New goalkeepers cost money so , however short sighted it was , we took the cheap option.

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Out of interest, what makes you say this? Not saying it’s wrong but I think he’s been fantastic and kept us in a few games. Quite young for a keeper and thrown in at Premier League level into the fire really given our position. He can only improve with age and experience.

Is it based on specific traits or that he is just not fashionable enough? (Not meant to come across as a dig by the way).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

New goalkeepers cost money so , however short sighted it was , we took the cheap option.

...Ward was the replacement, the fact that he turned out to be not fit for purpose is not the club going down the cheap route!!!

With Iversen as the backup to the backup, we had this covered.

Epitomises everything about how soft this club has become. Fat useless **** shouldn’t be anywhere near the team as soon as he decided not to sign his contract. Instead we trot him out week in week out and even go as far as giving him the armband.

• Like 2