Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Youri can go for free. I do not think he will stay in the premier. He is not mobile enough for a big six team. I lost count of the times he ran with his head swaying from side to side today. Thanks for the FA cup but don't slam the door on your way out!

22 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Thinks he’s going Barcelona, will end up at West Ham 

No Premier League team will touch him after the past 2 seasons. His best bet is an Italian or Spanish club. 

• Like 2

Not the player you want in a relegation scrap. The fact he is captain will never not be ridiculous. So disappointing. Cant believe how unfit he looks, either that or uninterested; it's hard to tell.

• Like 2

The utter disbelief on my face in the wolves game when he received a standing ovation from those around me for 60 minutes where he gave a goal away and was hopeless. Our skipper! Who has been leaving for 18 months! And they all rise as one to applaud this? 

• Like 4

On 09/05/2023 at 08:38, Max Power said:

The utter disbelief on my face in the wolves game when he received a standing ovation from those around me for 60 minutes where he gave a goal away and was hopeless. Our skipper! Who has been leaving for 18 months! And they all rise as one to applaud this? 

Same every week. We seem to applaud and celebrate worse than mediocre performances nowdays.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 17:30, Guesty said:

This isn't the first time his career has hit problems. He couldn't cope at Monaco with his first big step up.

Rodgers whilst being a complete muppet did say one thing right post Forest. These players aren't as good as they think they are. Youri, Maddison and Barnes all have big weaknesses to their game.

Youri has let his contract run down and is doing nothing to say he deserves a big one anywhere else. He's a squad player at best in a biggish team.

...this thread is now looking exactly like the Monaco thread regarding Youri, prior to him first coming here!!!

He does seem to have the knack of upping his game when he needs to.

You can be sure he will up his game for his new club should he go, but I have always maintained that he is not going to leave.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Same every week. We seem to applaud and celebrate worse than mediocre performances nowdays.

Makes me wonder what it would take for an individual to not get clapped off by these mugs? 

Flicking the Vs at the kop? Head butting Filbert? Take a dump on the centre circle? 

On 08/05/2023 at 22:30, SecretPro said:

Disgraceful this season.

Not over the course of this season. There's been games where he has been so good. Everton away, Wolves away, Chelsea away all prime examples. At Stamford Bridge he was the best player on the pitch.

Guest Mee-9

He should have been signed already to go Liverpool.

Sort of player they are desperate for especially in midfield. 

He’s an incredible talent, we could probably have done with playing him further forward with a more defensively competent duo behind him once shit hit the fan, but he’s far from our biggest problem. Very likeable personality to, I’ll miss him more than I‘ll miss most of them.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

He should have been signed already to go Liverpool.

Sort of player they are desperate for especially in midfield. 

He'll never keep up with a Klopp midfield.

• Like 4

Just now, Mark_w said:

He’s an incredible talent, we could probably have done with playing him further forward with a more defensively competent duo behind him once shit hit the fan, but he’s far from our biggest problem. Very likeable personality to, I’ll miss him more than I miss most of them.

I very much agree regarding his talent and personal traits although he doesn't really suit an advanced role, much more comfortable sat deep as a creative mid and making the occasional foray into the box. 

Massive mistake keeping him it’s unsettled the squad from the moment he decide he wasn’t going to sign another contract. Players around him thinking actually I might go as well. Massive knock on affect. I won’t miss him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I very much agree regarding his talent and personal traits although he doesn't really suit an advanced role, much more comfortable sat deep as a creative mid and making the occasional foray into the box. 

Oh I think he’s better deeper, I just don’t think he’s been good enough defensively to play there with a defence that really needs a lot of protecting. He played further forward when he was on loan I think and did it very well.

Tielemans is a great player and he will be fine when he gets a move to a team where he doesn't have to chase the ball the time. 

At his best here was alongisde and in-form Ndidi. He's a playmaker midfielder but needs to be alongside a ball winner or someone who can get around. 

Not sure where he will go but I think on a free he will have a pick of clubs across Europe.