Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Tielemans is a great player and he will be fine when he gets a move to a team where he doesn't have to chase the ball the time. 

At his best here was alongisde and in-form Ndidi. He's a playmaker midfielder but needs to be alongside a ball winner or someone who can get around. 

Not sure where he will go but I think on a free he will have a pick of clubs across Europe. 

He's a good player capable of some great moments. But he's not a great player. Never has been. Never will be.

• Like 3

On 08/05/2023 at 22:37, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Has never looked fit in the last two seasons. I think someone could have sorted that conditioning wise. But too slow of thought too to be a really top player. His FA Cup final goal I suspect will be his finest moment. 

Had great hopes for him, but he became our most expensive overrated player, in all my years as a City fan ive never seen any player thats been caught from behind in possession as often as him, disgracefull

• Like 1

A good player, although I can’t escape the feeling he’s consciously/subconsciously ‘downed tools’ this season. 

I’m not sure where he’ll go. 18 months ago I would argue most of Europe’s elite clubs would be clambering for his signature. Now I’m not so sure. The position/the way he plays feels slightly dated. Physicality is increasingly becoming a more desired trait. 

Perhaps one of the Italian clubs? Although I imagine  he’ll have to reduce his wage demands. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

I’m sure he’s a nice guy and he’s been brilliant for us, probably up to the contract situation since when his good performances have become increasingly sporadic to the point where recently he’s been benched or subbed off early. His happiness to run his contract down and take a significant signing on fee is understandable from his perspective but it’s been catastrophic from a club finance and a team cohesion perspective and has somewhat tainted his legacy with many fans - whether that’s fair or not, that’s the reality. Ultimately leaving us relegated will be a sad end to his time here but there will always be memories of those passes and the thunderbastards - particularly the FA Cup goal. 😔

Edited by funkyrobot

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Says alot about our club that Youri is the Captain.

No leadership skills at all.

At the moment we need players like Walshy, Kasper, a prime Vardy.

We have been leaderless on the pitch for far too long.

It really makes no sense whatsoever having a player that is 100% leaving at the end of the season on a free as Captain. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

I very much agree regarding his talent and personal traits although he doesn't really suit an advanced role, much more comfortable sat deep as a creative mid and making the occasional foray into the box. 

Not seen the sitting deep creative mid recently. That's the position he's been playing. All he does is give the ball away and then his head goes down and his halfheartedly jogs forward.

What creativity has he brought?

7 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Not seen the sitting deep creative mid recently. That's the position he's been playing. All he does is give the ball away and then his head goes down and his halfheartedly jogs forward.

What creativity has he brought?

None really as you say, recently. But then most of our current players are a shadow of their former selves. I think that this current side and the directionless tactics that he played under for so long sapped all creativity out of him. Think back to when we first signed him. 

Youri left months ago, in all but name. Compare his recent performances to Cags. He's off to a massive club in a few weeks, but still gives 100%, whereas Youri barely breaks a sweat. He strolls around chewing gum, like he's on holiday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Youri left months ago, in all but name. Compare his recent performances to Cags. He's off to a massive club in a few weeks, but still gives 100%, whereas Youri barely breaks a sweat. He strolls around chewing gum, like he's on holiday.

I agree with the first part but the comparison to Cags is harsh considering one of them has been out of the team for pretty much 18 months.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Line-X said:

None really as you say, recently. But then most of our current players are a shadow of their former selves. I think that this current side and the directionless tactics that he played under for so long sapped all creativity out of him. Think back to when we first signed him. 

Pointless looking back. What do they offer now? Totally regressed. No point buying off milk.

9 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Pointless looking back. What do they offer now? Totally regressed. No point buying off milk.

He's clearly regressed under the current malaise, this system and former/current management  (as have so many), but I think he can still realise his potential again. Unfortunately, that won't be here. I agree with @Mark_w, he's a very talented player. Sorry to see him go. 

surely he’s played himself out of any top 6 club actually wanting him? 

He’s done his profile a whole world of hurt. Both belgium and leicester have been awful. 

Someone will take a punt but he won’t be going in as a first choice 

• Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

surely he’s played himself out of any top 6 club actually wanting him? 

He’s done his profile a whole world of hurt. Both belgium and leicester have been awful. 

Someone will take a punt but he won’t be going in as a first choice 

I just clicked on this thread to say just that. He's not exactly giving the impression of having "the right stuff". I expect if there is a hugely egotistical manager out there they might think they could get the best out of him again. But Rodgers hasn't got a job.