Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Top clubs in Italy and Spain pick up players like him on a free and then sell them a year later for a profit. I don't think he will struggle finding a club, whether he will play for them is a different matter. Only potential problem for him would be matching his wage. 

• Like 1

I genuinely don't think he is good enough for any big teams anymore. 

He just doesn't have the engine for it. He's not unfit and is well known to train longer than most. However, for whatever reason, he is just incapable of putting a shift in for 90 minutes, week in week out. 

He may still get a biggish move, as on a free transfer and with moments of brilliance remembered, a big club may go for it. I reckon he will soon be benched though and struggle to start games, and end up abroad on loan with him doing better in a slower paced, less physical league. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps our biggest mistake, taking a cut price sale two years ago would have been better than him serving up rubbish for two years, being handed the leader role despite clearly having no intention of staying here and others feeding of that. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! 

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps our biggest mistake, taking a cut price sale two years ago would have been better than him serving up rubbish for two years, being handed the leader role despite clearly having no intention of staying here and others feeding of that. 

Yeah but wasn't this all part of the mistake the club made backing in Rodgers? (Oh yeah, we 'didn't back Rodgers')

He didn't want us to sell, whilst also wanting us to invest.

Hey come on with all this revisionist nonsense?! He’s been largely brilliant for us but not so much this season and not as often as previously the season before. Let’s not forget that he’s also put in several MOTM performances for Belgium’s golden generation, including in games that KDB played in.

Two years ago, after THAT goal & a superb season, he’d have made my all-time Leicester XI. Now he wouldn’t. He’s not as mobile as he used to be (for whatever reason) and is highly susceptible to the press. He’s not going to be a great player, we can now safely say. But he’ll have a good career at decent clubs.

Let’s stop bashing the guy. All the coaches say he’s a consummate professional. And we’ll always have Wemberlee!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Terrible attitude, can’t wait till he buggers off. One thing with Mahrez was, he still gave it 100% even though he clearly wanted a move. Tielemans for 2 years has just been unfit and a disgrace. I would be surprised if any club wants him now 

...we still do, we have made no effort to get him to show his hand, we indulge him!!!

17 hours ago, iancognito said:

I'm sure Romano will still tell us he's "interesting" Arsenal and "on the radar" of Liverpool but really can anyone see him getting a move to a top 6 team? He's the Belgian Drinkwater. You can see why Monaco stuck him in the reserves. He's out of breath in the warm ups.

...Monaco was still playing him and he was receiving the same feedback as we are seeing now!!!

Their fans were counting on an English club to come and pay big money for him as no one else was prepared to give them the money that they were asking for. We could have picked him up for less than £20m, but we chose to go down the loan route, he performed for us and doubled his fee.

One of the biggest things that happened on FT was the "Big Daddy Moment", we were so ready to embrace him.

Let’s get it right, he’s a wonderful player, one of our best midfielders we’ve ever had…. But, he’s got to be playing in a team that’s collectively playing well. He’s not really the type to consistently boss a game all on his own. And yes, let’s not forget some of the block buster goals he’s scored. Great player. Goes with my best wishes. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lee7 said:

I said it years ago but Youri hasn't got many years playing at the top level in him. 

He's 26 and already really slow so by the time he is into his 30's his legs will have well and truly gone. 

It's hard watching him on the pitch as he fails to break out of a fast paced jog.

The club have handled the situation with him really poorly. When we had the opportunity to sell him he should've been sold. 

...you cannot sell him if he does not wish to go, that is always with the player!!!

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...you cannot sell him if he does not wish to go, that is always with the player!!!

To be honest i didn't realise he had refused to be sold. 

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Let’s get it right, he’s a wonderful player, one of our best midfielders we’ve ever had…. But, he’s got to be playing in a team that’s collectively playing well. He’s not really the type to consistently boss a game all on his own. And yes, let’s not forget some of the block buster goals he’s scored. Great player. Goes with my best wishes. 

Totally agree. 

This whole squad is like a marriage that's gone wrong. It's a bitter break up, but in the words of Carole King 'I'm glad we had what we had and that I once loved you'

We'll look back in years to come and only remember the good times. And there were many. 

Guest glasgowfox

Agree with most peoples opinions.  Genuinely do not think he does not care.  Think he has had his best days and some of them were prety special.  Think he has played far too many games for his age and it has caught up on him.  I still will not slate him and wish him well.  I know its about football but have spoke to him a few times and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy.  I used to be better at my job than I am now but that's father time.

I genuinely believe on his day he was world class. Remember that pass at Brighton away for kels goal? Ridiculous. I’m not sure what’s happened the last two seasons. He just seems to have lost that magic touch. Probably needs to be in a winning team and playing regularly. One thing I do agree with Rodgers about is he’s a player that plays best in rhythm. He was good playing thurs - Sunday. Last few weeks he’s been shite because he’s not fit and completely out of rhythm. I don’t think he’s deliberately gone out to not try but clearly his heads not 100% in it regardless of what he thinks about it himself. 

He will get a good move this summer. Thing that’s stopped that so far is his mobility. He’s a strange midfielder in a way because if he was 30+ you’d say his legs are gone. But he’s 26? Played a lot of games which seems to have caught up with him. His physicality will put the top top clubs off. 

• 2 weeks later...