Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If you are unable to appreciate his contribution in his 4.5 years with us, you've missed out. 

I enjoyed his time with us. And Im glad I knew at the time to savour it 

I appreciated 2 of his years here, perhaps he should have ****ed off after he decided he wanted to leave when he became billy big bollocks. Its not all his fault the club should have moved him on, but this year he's been mostly like playing with 10 men except a bit of form pre world cup, he's been atrocious, looks unfit, and certainly no idea why he was made captain, why the hell should a player, who is running down his contract be captain?!?...just no.

He, and himself only has soured the good times. 

• Like 2

I think history and the clouds of Time will be kinder to Tielemans than he probably deserves. His FA Cup final goal will always be remembered for what it meant to us as a club, after craving the Cup for so long. His show reel of fantastic  goals will also be remembered, and when he was good he was top quality, but he had many off games, and this season, the nearer to the end of the season it got, the more games seemed to pass him by, maybe because subconciously he had already checked out, maybe because he was protecting himself. Twenty years from now though, he will be the guy that scored the goal that finally won us the FA Cup, and scored some fantastic goals, and his frequent shortcomings will be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Paninistickers said:

If you are unable to appreciate his contribution in his 4.5 years with us, you've missed out. 

I enjoyed his time with us. And Im glad I knew at the time to savour it 

On balance, I'd say a record signing who came to the club when we were a mid-table side, was half-arsed as often as he was effective, and who was a standout in terms of how utterly unbothered he was when we actually got relegated, can't go down too fondly in the annals. Even if he did score a wonderful FA Cup winning goal, and even if his potential was clear to see.

I think, over time, that sides came to target Youri as our soft underbelly. Our strength also became our weakness - he was slow, lacking in strength, shaky in tight spaces. He became very easy to take advantage of, and we failed to adapt to that.

There's honestly a very strong argument, given the loss we've made on him and the place we've ended up in (with his lacklustre performances a key part of that) that he really wasn't such a spectacular acquisition after all.

But yes, I enjoyed it when he played well. At times it was great, and there are some very happy memories. Full credit for that. But that goes for anyone who gave glimpses of brilliance as we gradually slipped into the abyss. It still doesn't take much analysis to see the role that he, more than many others, played in it. For someone of his supposed pedigree, he managed not to turn up for a whole season, and we got relegated at the end of it. Good luck, but I won't miss him.

• Like 3

I think he’s had his ‘prime’ with us. He’s only 26 but played over 500 professional games already with a good solid 10 years playing 30-40 games per season. Can’t see him lasting another 10 years probably why clubs have overlooked him 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He was our best player in 20/21 by a mile and we all thought he’d be off after we bottled top 4..

But look at it this way. That was half-way through his contract with us, and surely we all agree that we'd have been way better off if he'd left then. What does that say, on the day we go down after a season of Tielemans underperforming miserably, about how great a player he's been for us?

Wouldn’t hold the door for him, sounds petty but I’ve never been so let down by someone who seemed to promise so much. We talk about Rodgers defeatist attitude, this guy has stunk the place out for over a year and gets rewarded with the armband? Can score as many screamers as he likes but I can’t remember the last time I saw fight in him, I’ve tried to defend him in the past but sod him. He doesn’t represent my club in anyway I’d want to be associated with.

• Like 2

Can't help but fee he may have peaked as a player - lots of miles on the clock, started so young at Anderlecht.

He's too slow for a lot of premier league teams.

But I'll pay a generous tribute to him for his service these past 4 and a half years, the FA Cup goal will go down in history and was one of the great FA cup goals.

It is a shame that the last year has not been his best.

Been a top player for us!

59 minutes ago, westernpark said:

One of my favourite players, ever. Perhaps his effort wasn’t always tangible for the layman, but on his day Kiernan Dewsbury Hall isn’t fit to lace his boots. 

Not a great comparison, one from the academy, one cost 40m 4 years ago.

YT “on his day” grew rarer and rarer as his contract progressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

he's literally had 1 good loan season and 1 very good season with us in over 4 years. i struggle to see which top side would want him.

Rightly or wrongly, the memory of that Cup Final goal will go a long way to generating interest. I've said it before but West Ham makes a lot of sense if they qualify for the Europa League by winning the Conference. And they'll need options in midfield as Rice looks to be on his way.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Rightly or wrongly, the memory of that Cup Final goal will go a long way to generating interest. I've said it before but West Ham makes a lot of sense if they qualify for the Europa League by winning the Conference. And they'll need options in midfield as Rice looks to be on his way.

i could see him at west ham. i did say a top side tho. i can't see any of the top 6 wanting him after this seasons display 

• Like 1