Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not a great comparison, one from the academy, one cost 40m 4 years ago.

YT “on his day” grew rarer and rarer as his contract progressed.

Yes you’re right. Not fair on Tielemans to be compared with another player who can only kick the ball with one foot.

Quite strange I think.

He had a really good first 2 years with us (FA Cup final goal, stood out towards the end of 18/19 season etc..)

However, it makes me think, IF he was that good, why hadn’t a club gone all out for him, along with Monaco letting him go. He was also rated as one of the worst signings in the French league. 

I have no time for Tielemans. I never usually take a swipe at any of our players, but he hasn’t been at it all season, but happily took his money. I hope he fails wherever he ends up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

He was world class for us for 2 half seasons and then after that it was just moments of brilliance. His lack of pace was really evident when he was in a poor side. Good example of good player in a good team, not so much in one that isn’t performing. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes you’re right. Not fair on Tielemans to be compared with another player who can only kick the ball with one foot.

Expectations are tempered by cost, no?

Personally I expect more from the 40m player than the one that progressed through the academy as a late bloomer

Had we spent more wisely on midfielders the likes of Mendy, Soumare would’ve been sold and been replaced and that would’ve meant more competition and KDH being more of a squad player.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Expectations are tempered by cost, no?

Personally I expect more from the 40m player than the one that progressed through the academy as a late bloomer

Had we spent more wisely on midfielders the likes of Mendy, Soumare would’ve been sold and been replaced and that would’ve meant more competition and KDH being more of a squad player.

KDH is a Man United fan born in Nottingham. Whatever academy he comes through is redundant. I am comparing two midfield players. 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

KDH is a Man United fan born in Nottingham. Whatever academy he comes through is redundant. I am comparing two midfield players. 

Yeah comparing 2 midfielders one from OUR academy and one that cost 40m. A bit like comparing a council house and a 20 room mansion and saying the council house isn’t a patch on the mansion 

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah comparing 2 midfielders one from OUR academy and one that cost 40m. A bit like comparing a council house and a 20 room mansion and saying the council house isn’t a patch on the mansion 

Exactly! It’s offensive to compare the two.

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

I think he’s had his ‘prime’ with us. He’s only 26 but played over 500 professional games already with a good solid 10 years playing 30-40 games per season. Can’t see him lasting another 10 years probably why clubs have overlooked him 

He’s like a car what’s had a lot of mileage on the clock. That and his very big wage means no one has turned him whilst at LCFC 

Youri has wasted over 6mths of this season going AWOL on the pitch so his dream of the big big move he was craving has probably passed him by, was watching him yesterday warming up and taking shots he Sky’d most of his shots and his body language and facial expressions were almost like a petulant child and that’s how it’s been for a very long things don’t go his way he sulks big time definitely not the stature of a club captain !

Edited by justfoxes

Will thank him for the wonder strike at Wembley that secured us the fa cup win, but like, Maddison wont be sorry to see him leave.  Think he will end up playing in France again.  His lack of pace is the anchor around his neck, often runs as though he is in treacle.

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

I mean has he kicked a ball over the past 6 months, or just stood watching on the edge of our 18 yard box turning over possession and watching the world go by?

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I mean has he kicked a ball over the past 6 months, or just stood watching on the edge of our 18 yard box turning over possession and watching the world go by?

He was as good as Maddison in the run up to the World Cup. Granted I would agree with your description over the last month. However, people mistake his lethargic style for laziness.

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

He was world class for us for 2 half seasons and then after that it was just moments of brilliance. His lack of pace was really evident when he was in a poor side. Good example of good player in a good team, not so much in one that isn’t performing. 

Can’t believe people still claim he was ever “world class” here let alone for 2.5 seasons.

He was far from world class in 19/20 and was pretty widely regarded as having a pretty mediocre season one of our weaker links that season - there were long discussion on why he didn’t look anywhere near as good as he did when he was on loan - go back and look at the match ratings and discussions here. 

He was very good for 0.5 seasons on loan and 1 season in 20/21, but he was pretty poor in 3 out of his 4.5 seasons here really.

He was brilliant on his day no doubt, but probably had more poor games here than good ones, still nowhere near “world class” though, that would put him in the same bracket as de Bruyne which is obviously laughable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Can’t believe people still claim he was ever “world class” here let alone for 2.5 seasons.

He was far from world class in 19/20 and was pretty widely regarded as having a pretty mediocre season one of our weaker links that season - there were long discussion on why he didn’t look anywhere near as good as he did when he was on loan - go back and look at the match ratings and discussions here. 

He was very good for 0.5 seasons on loan and 1 season in 20/21, but he was pretty poor in 3 out of his 4.5 seasons here really.

He was brilliant on his day no doubt, but probably had more poor games here than good ones, still nowhere near “world class” though, that would put him in the same bracket as de Bruyne which is obviously laughable

Spot on. 

His role for us was to take the ball deep and get it forward to the players in a more attacking positions. He didn't do that well enough this season and lost it more often than not. 

No chance a big club come in for him in what can be deemed a low risk role, at least not unless they need him as a squad player. 

It is madness, when so called pundits are saying we should have sold him and not let his contract run down, but did anyone come in for him, certainly no one did last summer!

So how are you supposed to sell a player, if no one comes in for him!

At least his wages are off our books. I for one will be always grateful for his Wembley goal, and when he was good, he was very good, but he’s not a type of player suited for a relegation battle, like at lot of our players

Edited by Lad1966

10 hours ago, Lcfc1994_2 said:

Quite strange I think.

He had a really good first 2 years with us (FA Cup final goal, stood out towards the end of 18/19 season etc..)

However, it makes me think, IF he was that good, why hadn’t a club gone all out for him, along with Monaco letting him go. He was also rated as one of the worst signings in the French league. 

I think Perez helped him no end. 

Ndidi no longer being a monster hurt us massively as well.