Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Accusations that he didn’t care this season always felt quite harsh. You could see he cared, but he was massively unfit. He looked broken.

Certainly.agree with this. Think he was trying his body just couldn't deliver 

• Like 2

Just now, Sampson said:

Does he really going to think a PL club in the CL is going to sign him after his performances over the past 2 seasons?

Would you put it past Newcastle doing it? Free transfer, pads their squad out with a decent player ready for European football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Does he really going to think a PL club in the CL is going to sign him after his performances over the past 2 seasons?

Newcastle or Man Utd definitely. He is on a free and will immediately be worth 40m to any CL that signs him.

He’s probably accept a spot as a squad player for a massive club, and his undoubted talent would be useful to many clubs that need (and can afford) options.

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Newcastle or Man Utd definitely. He is on a free and will immediately be worth 40m to any CL that signs him.

He’s probably accept a spot as a squad player for a massive club, and his undoubted talent would be useful to many clubs that need (and can afford) options.

Why would he be worth immediately £40m? No one ever bidded that for him while he was here even when he was playing well 

• Like 1

I hope he goes abroad. I loved him to bits playing for us. I'd like to able able to watch him and not feel any angst or envy with him wearing a, say, West Ham shirt (and surely that move is possible when they lose Rice) 

Not everything in football has that perfect 'Cambiasso,' ending but, anyways, Thanks for the memories, Youri x

• Like 3

Guest glasgowfox
9 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Tosser

Give your head a shake unless your referring to yourself :wub:

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Why would he be worth immediately £40m? No one ever bidded that for him while he was here even when he was playing well 

Because he'd be on a 5+ year contract at a club that can naturally receive more money for players anyway. Didn't we sign him for like 30-40m?

He was brilliant in 20/21 and on loan, was fairly good in 19/20 as well.

The other two seasons he's genuinely been crap. I think people saying "it will be a while before we get a player of his quality again" are a bit out of touch with how poor he has been for half his time here.

Realistically there's many midfielders in the PL alone who could output a similar quality to Tielemans over the last few years: Mcginn, Neves, paqueta etc . Not many of them would win the FA cup in such an incredible fashion but equally not many of them will have a relegation on their CV at the end of their careers.

• Like 2

He’s one of my favourite ever players of this era. 

Youri for me gave us something that others didn’t. It’s funny, as clearly he’s struggled with fitness this season and isn’t the most athletic. Maybe he just needed a prolonged rest. I’ll actually remember him with far more fondness than Maddison. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Just now, Stinky said:

Because he'd be on a 5+ year contract at a club that can naturally receive more money for players anyway. Didn't we sign him for like 30-40m?

£32m iirc but I don’t think his reputation is as high as it was after his loan spell here.

I’m not convinced, teams would’ve bid £40m for him 2 seasons ago if that’s the case. All his time here it’s been clear no clubs who ever looked at him really thought he was worth a decent enough price tag to bid for. Not sure if he goes to a CL they’d just be able to sell him for £40m if he continues not to perform when we couldn’t sell him less at his peak 

5 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Hopefully with the passing of time, all Leicester fans will fondly embrace a great player for us and one who will forever be remembered in our club’s history for an epic goal to win our first ever FA Cup.

Thanks Youri and good luck 👍

#Leicesterlegend

Yeah it’s hard to call him after that