Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Sly said:

He’s one of my favourite ever players. 

Youri for me gave us something hot hers didn’t. It’s funny, as clearly he’s struggled with fitness this season and isn’t the most athletic. Maybe he just needed a prolonged rest. I’ll actually remember him with far more fondness than Maddison. 

It’s an interesting discussion because Youri has the FA Cup goal but overall Maddison has been the much better player. Personally I’ll remember Maddison as the better player but you’re always going to remember the cup final goal.

A good player capable of utterly great moments.

When at 90% fit he's about 1/10th the player he is when fully at it, and I honestly think he was ruined a couple of seasons back when he seemed to play every single match for us.

Easy to be annoyed at some of his form this season but in general, been an honour to see him play.

Was nearly the perfect goodbye message. We’re yet to see an apology from anyone associated with the club which is frankly quite shocking. They either don’t feel like they owe us one or don’t care enough to give one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

It’s an interesting discussion because Youri has the FA Cup goal but overall Maddison has been the much better player. Personally I’ll remember Maddison as the better player but you’re always going to remember the cup final goal.

In fairness, Maddison as I’ve said before is technically the best player we’ve had, apart from Mahrez. I’ve just never personally warmed to him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Give your head a shake unless your referring to yourself :wub:

He's one of the reasons we are in shit, we could have had a fee for him to help ease the financial burden.. selfish tosser

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shiv said:

Was nearly the perfect goodbye message. We’re yet to see an apology from anyone associated with the club which is frankly quite shocking. They either don’t feel like they owe us one or don’t care enough to give one. 

Would be disingenuous at this point, anyway God knows what crap was going on at the club, they could all be totally pissed off with how the club was going.   :dunno:

• Like 1

Good luck to him. Seeing that shot fly in at Wembley will stay with me forever.

Fantastic player when on song, seems like a decent bloke.

No hard feeling from me, there were much much depose rooted issues that contributed to our relegation than Youri. 

I could see him going to a CL club Newcastle even. The European competitions are generally not as fast as the premiership more technical and tactical. If he's only playing half the games he may actually appear a bit fresher.

1 minute ago, turlo said:

another 35 mill down the pisser

A bit harsh. We had three good years out of him and he scored one of the most important goals in our history.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

A bit harsh. We had three good years out of him and he scored one of the most important goals in our history.

Arguably the most important goal, considering the league win was wrapped up with 2 games to go.

16 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Good riddance. Been shit for a few years now with a couple of good performances sprinkled in between. Couldn’t have given less effort this year if he tried. 

He thinks he’s a CL player. He’s absolutely not. He will go to a very average team.

At least we have the FA Cup goal, but he’s definitely tarnished his reputation.

Just now, MPH said:

Releasing the video now feels more like a “Come and get me” video to be honest…

It does.

Which suggests he doesn't have suitors queuing up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t buy the lack of effort bit. None of our players looked fit enough and that is on Rodgers and his coaching g staff

It's both isn't it? The entire team was/is very unfit, but former players will often say that thinking about their move away will affect a player's performances because they'll be worried about sustaining an injury. At the end of the day the club shouldn't have allowed a situation where the squad was full of these cases so the buck stops with the board.

Edited by TJQuik

Just now, bovril said:

Arguably the most important goal, considering the league win was wrapped up with 2 games to go.

I mean, you could argue that the goal that wrapped up our league title wasn't even scored by a Leicester player so that's a hell of a shout. 

Just now, Bilo said:

It does.

Which suggests he doesn't have suitors queuing up.

feels a bit desperate… it’s as much a ‘look how amazing I can play’ than a memoir video…