Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

If he has actually put pen to paper that is great news, however, if it is only a one year extension that does seem to indicate that he still has ambitions elsewhere but is doing the right thing by the club in maintaining his sell on value for at least another couple of years.

that said, I can see the logic, as by that time his kids will be at an age where he would need to make a decision about staying put or not in terms of their schooling etc. He will also see if we are progressing in terms of CL etc.

I imagine the extra year is as much an incentive for Top and Brendan to sort things out. 

If we achieve champions League next year he may well stay. His mind might be helped by some very decent signings. 

Let’s hope this works all round. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

2024? Just a one year extension isn’t exactly the commitment we were hoping for I bet... better than selling though.

It is though isn't it.... it means he's staying for next season. Which is absolutely the best any of us could possibly hope for. It also means we still get to sell him for full whack next season.

• Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

It is though isn't it.... it means he's staying for next season. Which is absolutely the best any of us could possibly hope for. It also means we still get to sell him for full whack next season.

I suppose so. Our only hope of keeping him beyond this coming season is to get CL, whether that is winning Europa or via the league. Even then I can see him leaving given this decision, makes it obvious he doesn’t see his long term future here. Tbf, he’s world class on his day, and I don’t blame him... but hope he goes abroad! 

Neves apparently available from wolves this summer for just £35m though 👀

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yes said:

Possible he’s giving us 1 more year to get top 4 and if not he’s off. 

Almost definitely is this. It'll be a big wage increase for 1 years with a Gentlemans agreement to leave if we can't make it.

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Almost definitely is this. It'll be a big wage increase for 1 years with a Gentlemans agreement to leave if we can't make it.

We can also get into the CL by winning the Europa League. It would be nice if we had a proper go at that next season.

Another year to convince the man he can achieve what he wants to right here! Hopefully with ffp being put on the back burner this season Top gives Brendan a half decent war chest to massively improve our strength in depth to kick onto the next level... if not we can forget keeping players like Youri at the club for anything more than a couple of seasons imo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Selling him for full whack is the main thing for me, it's obvious he's going at some point, but we want full value for him.

Important to remember even if we get CL next season he might still be off, he's world class and destined for the very top.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

So not done yet, then.

I'm afraid this guy isn't as connected as he makes out.