Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What did Praet do that was any better though? He scored 2 goals in about 50 games.

Maddison pains me but I think a change of formation is needed. We're playing one up front, an aging striker on his own when we've got Iheanacho on the bench (last season's top scorer?), to accommodate Maddison and Barnes and both have been terrible so far this season.

I've always pointed out Maddison's numbers anyway. Got laughed at last summer on here when I pointed out Digne, a left back, and Buendia, who got relegated, assisted more.

Not all about scoring goals! He ran for a start and didn't just leisurely stroll around like he has all the time in the world.

He needs dropping.  He's been a passenger for our first 4 games and was a passenger from about January onwards this year (barring his injury spell).

He's the weak link in our midfield by a country mile.   What the problem with Maddison is we wish we all knew.  He's either still carrying an injury or he's not as good as he thinks he is and just coasts through games.

If he's injured still he needs taking out, if he's just having a rotten run of form and his attitude stinks, put him in the under 23s. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

It’s bizarre really

If we didn’t know how good he can be we’d be looking at him over the last 6/7 months and be thinking who the fook have we signed here!

😩

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Disagree. Fair point for a plan - but not fair point if it is costing us and that seems to be the case at the moment

easy After each Event & game... sitting ready to pounce..

wait a Bit longer..Any player  needs time, my post....was showing patience,being clever............und seeing if und Plan has Amy base,to go forward with.

4 games start of the season...is nothing...

understand its Not about your small worries over One game...

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

easy After each Event & game... sitting ready to pounce..

wait a Bit longer..Any player  needs time, my post....was showing patience,being clever............und seeing if und Plan has Amy base,to go forward with.

4 games start of the season...is nothing...

understand its Not about your small worries over One game...

Its not a one game judging . Maddison has been quite poor not only for one game but for months. So agree patience and plan B but in my opinion he is not up to it at the moment and should be taken out of the firing line. He is neither physically nor mentally "on" and the team connot carry blind passengers.

• Like 1

We've gotta start creating competition in this squad.

We're far to insistent on a general 11, which is fine, i'm happy with most of it but certain players aren't pulling their weight, they're being carried, as good as we are and have improved we're still not good enough to be carrying players.

Atleast a couple of them have their pipe and slippers on safe in the knowledge they'll continually be picked whenever available no matter how much they stink the place out.

Can't be good for the morale of the squad, certainly amongst your bench/squad players.

What ideally needs to happen is you rotate a few on Thursday, hope the ones who come in have a blinder then you say 'look, the competition is there - how can I drop them, this is the level you need to raise your game.'

Those coming in need to take their chance and create that competition in order from that to happen though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've gotta start creating competition in this squad.

We're far to insistent on a general 11, which is fine, i'm happy with most of it but certain players aren't pulling their weight, they're being carried, as good as we are and have improved we're still not good enough to be carrying players.

Atleast a couple of them have their pipe and slippers on safe in the knowledge they'll continually be picked whenever available.

Exactly Spot on, we have carried on this situation in so many matches and have been lucky winning against average teams when playing poor, but against  teams filled with expensive talent we are more likely to end up with nothing. Having one or 2 players not performing means are chances on the pitch are affected and are other players can't fully do their roles either

• Like 1

Not sure why people can on his back so much. He is clearly out of form at the moment and unsure if he is fully fit either. That's on Brendan who keeps playing him IMO. He's our most creative attacking option when on form. However, I think he does need dropping at the minute and needs to be made to fight for his position. He hasn't looked right since coming back from his hip injury end of last season. 

Surely Kel can play in a similar role to him? We essentially defend as a 442 anyway and Kel can drop into the spaces Madders picks up to link play anyway? 

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

After nacho and lookman came on we suddenly were alive in our attacks, it feels like when maddison is on the pitch he is a ghost and we playing with 10 men.

A friend also told me he tends to put himself in places so he is out of reach for a pass.

Ooh Football friend

I've avoided this thread as I've been banging this particular drum for a very long time to friends & family. He's played over 100 games for us & I really don't think the number of good games are in double figures. Everyone blames form, injury etc but maybe he simply is not good enough. Once again he backed off so many 50-50s today. He doesn't put the effort in & is simply not good enough for a top 6 side, nowhere near in fact. 

• Like 2