Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Think the party scandal last year has tainted his relationship/football at lcfc .  He’s a good player but he might be best served from the bench .  Get Kels and kdh in .  Maddison been given a lot of opportunities he can’t complain .  Think we’ve moved on as a shape of a team since he signed and he can’t adapt to it .  Sorry mate , you got to step aside .  

He's gone full Demari Gray, arguably worse actually. 

Offers absolutely nothing. He's been damn lucky Rodgers has kept playing him and protected him. He's getting worse if anything, can't remember the last notable thing he offered. It's actually such a shame we didn't sell him.

• Like 1

No idea what’s wrong with him. Something, maybe terrible loss of form, maybe a slight niggle he cannot shake off, maybe the change in personal circumstance. :dunno:

However, this isn’t a hobby nor Sunday League, at some point hard decisions are required if things do not improve.
No quoting of past exploits entitle him to continued selection forever.

Let’s not forget there is more than just goals and assist at stake here, there is also a decline value asset.

I don't think it can any longer be deemed a bad run of form. He's just not up to it! Dilly dallys on the ball, slows down play, misplaces the simplest of balls and is embarrassingly weak. I don't care about his off the field antics, my criticism of him is purely based on his dire performances for us over the last year. Hope we sell asap 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Love the guy, it hurts seeing him so off the boil. 

Really hope things start to go right for him, I don’t think anyone really knows what’s going on, not even Rodgers (hence why he keeps getting picked). 

A lot of talk on here seems very ‘end of the road-ish’ and wanting him to be sold - no ones going to pay the money and those wages. We need to get behind him but starting him probably isn’t the best way of doing so right now.

Him and Nacho are world’s apart right now, and Lookman, Soumare and Daka have all looked good vs Napoli/today - think he’s set for the bench next game. 

Totally agree and said as much earlier, but it’s a balancing act with prized assets as if you take him out the limelight (or shop window) his value decreases. I know he is doing a standup job of knackering his value all by himself with recent non-performances but not picking i him send a whole different message.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Totally agree and said as much earlier, but it’s a balancing act with prized assets as if you take him out the limelight (or shop window) his value decreases. I know he is doing a standup job of knackering his value all by himself with recent non-performances but not picking i him send a whole different message.

Agreed but I think it has got to the stage his value is decreasing whether he plays or not.  My main concern now moving forward is the motivation and morale of the rest of the team.  Madders has had enough chances and many more than other players (most recently Kel and Praet).  I actually like Madders and it's sad to see but he needs time out and help out of the limelight of a football pitch with whatever is going on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

Agreed but I think it has got to the stage his value is decreasing whether he plays or not.  My main concern now moving forward is the motivation and morale of the rest of the team.  Madders has had enough chances and many more than other players (most recently Kel and Praet).  I actually like Madders and it's sad to see but he needs time out and help out of the limelight of a football pitch with whatever is going on.

Understand, do not see the way forward tbh, feels like a lose/lose scenario.

• Sad 1

His problem is that he’s seriously eroded the patience people would have had with him were he not attending illegal lockdown parties, getting pissed in Ibiza whilst his heavily pregnant girlfriend was left at home and plastered all over the internet with commercial partnerships.

Compare and contrast him with Tielemans in terms of application and approach. Maddison could learn a hell of a lot from his team mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Hmm…

he’s clearly enjoying the ‘ footballers lifestyle’

hes entitled to spend his money how he wants to of course, but you don’t see any of our other players plastering their Instagram and Twitter with all the expensive cars/ clothing and being in the tabloids for his holidays..

I just wonder if he is 100% focused  on the game as a professional. Is he interested in improving as a player?

I honestly don’t think he is. 
I think he wanted his name in lights and the boohoo deal and the shots of him and his nice cars and people talking about him.  He’s had all that.  Fair play to him, he’s done incredibly well from a revenue point of view, but I do think he’s probably hit his footballing level with us and is going to slowly fizzle out here.  He’s so incredibly ineffective right now and at this stage, I can’t see where he fits in. Genuinely can’t remember one positive thing he did today (apart from staying in the changing room at half time :ph34r:). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

getting pissed in Ibiza whilst his heavily pregnant girlfriend was left at home and plastered all over the internet with commercial partnerships.

How do we know his missus was alright with letting him go? 

Commercial partnerships are pretty much part and parcel of the game these days and is just another income stream for him. I doubt this is affecting his football as much as people think it is and I think people are flexing too much on that part of his life to add to criticising him when I bet it's not actually that big a deal. 

I think it's just very much a confidence thing with him. Rodgers has alluded to as much in his comments after the game today. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

he does play better when Nacho is in near him

I have wondered whether he's found it hard to create partnerships with certain players. Because I definitely remember clearly watching Nacho and Mads animated and in deep discussion walking off the pitch at half/full time when they were playing together last season. 

Something's not firing with him at the moment and maybe it's no bad thing for BR to bench him. His value doesn't mean anything now, whatever capital he had is practically gone. I don't see him getting into the England squad (unless Southgate had nobody else to play). None of the bigger clubs (ie the ones who could afford the price tag a high value player carries) would buy him now. And honestly I don't care about value, I ONLY care about how he's contributing to the team. If benching him gives him time to rest, time to course correct, whatever then that's what should happen. If BR feels however that Mads needs to play through this bad patch, bring up his fitness and give him confidence again then I suspect that's what will happen. We have to support him and hope there's a plan.

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do we know his missus was alright with letting him go? 

Commercial partnerships are pretty much part and parcel of the game these days and is just another income stream for him. I doubt this is affecting his football as much as people think it is and I think people are flexing too much on that part of his life to add to criticising him when I bet it's not actually that big a deal. 

I think it's just very much a confidence thing with him. Rodgers has alluded to as much in his comments after the game today. 

She might have been. But it says a lot about him that he was even in a position to need her to be, doesn’t it?

Again, compare and contrast with Tielemans living the family life in Quorn and taking his kids down the local park after scoring the winner in an FA Cup final.

I’m sure he has time in his schedule for all the Boohoo Man nonsense. But it’s symptomatic of a man who likes the profile, the glitz and the glamour. 

Of course they are different personalities. But it’s also why a patch of poor form from Tielemans will be accepted with considerable patience but for Maddison he’s copping a fair bit of flack right now.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

She might have been. But it says a lot about him that he was even in a position to need her to be, doesn’t it?

Again, compare and contrast with Tielemans living the family life in Quorn and taking his kids down the local park after scoring the winner in an FA Cup final.

I’m sure he has time in his schedule for all the Boohoo Man nonsense. But it’s symptomatic of a man who likes the profile, the glitz and the glamour. 

Of course they are different personalities. But it’s also why a patch of poor form from Tielemans will be accepted with considerable patience but for Maddison he’s copping a fair bit of flack right now.

Maddison is rightly copping a fair bit of flak. I don't deny that and also don't deny he should be getting it. 

But the off-field stuff I think far too much is made out of it just to add to the pile-on for him. It's all conjecture, really. In my humble opinion! 

• Like 2

Would sell if a serious offer came in. Maddison and Perez start a lot of games but contribute very little. They're a hindrance to the team yet get picked so often. Sometimes you need to move players on whilst the iron is hot. 

• Like 2

im not gonna lie, ive been trying to stay in favour of maddison, but seriously he needs dropping. I know hes a good player, and at his best is seriously good. but hes been a passenger since february, maybe some time on the bench would be the kick up the arse he needs. on top of that, him continuing to start unconditionally, must be insanely demotivating for every other play hes ahead of. Kelechi has just straight up earned the right to play ahead of him, and Daka and Lookman will begin to wonder what the point is if Maddison keeps getting played when doing nothing.