Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If he isn’t going then I sincerely hope that Southgate had the guts to call him and explain the decision. 

- Hi James. It's Gareth. 

- Hi coach. 

- It's gonna be hot in Qatar and you haven't made it into the team. I'll call you for the Canadian one in 2026. Better temperatures. 

- But coach it's also hosted by Mexico. 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Why has Mason Mount got 32 caps and Maddison 1 cap.

Southgate is such a c*ck

Because Chelsea play in the CL and we don't, but what about Saka you say he doesn't play CL oh but he's had European football, but JM has had two seasons of European football, next question guys are time is short here.

8 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Because Chelsea play in the CL and we don't, but what about Saka you say he doesn't play CL oh but he's had European football, but JM has had two seasons of European football, next question guys are time is short here.

Saks is a v good wide player …..possibly the best we have on the right cutting in. And he’s young which means he has a fair amount of upward movement still to come 

I’ve seen people saying why pick Philips I/o madders.  That’s not a selection choice unless Southgate doubles up in that area to protect his fitness. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Saks is a v good wide player …..possibly the best we have on the right cutting in. And he’s young which means he has a fair amount of upward movement still to come 

I’ve seen people saying why pick Philips I/o madders.  That’s not a selection choice unless Southgate doubles up in that area to protect his fitness. 

It's Ward-Prowse or Phillips I'd have him in for, midfield three to start will in my opinion be Rice Bellingham Mount, maybe Kane and Sterling as a two, this is what I think he will pick not what I'd pick make the QF and whimper out when we play someone half decent.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

The worst case scenario is Maddison goes, makes two 10 minutes cameos and starts the dead rubber. Which is quite likely.

Sadly I think that's Maddisons best case scenario.  But with GS in charge struggling to see him making the squad let alone making an actual appearance. 

16 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's Ward-Prowse or Phillips I'd have him in for, midfield three to start will in my opinion be Rice Bellingham Mount, maybe Kane and Sterling as a two, this is what I think he will pick not what I'd pick make the QF and whimper out when we play someone half decent.

You need cover for rice. You can’t have only one specific cdm in the squad. I would expect to see Philips, rice and Henderson. That should be enough.  No need for JWP although I suspect he will select him as an alternative to Bellingham. madders should be selected instead of an extra full back or centre back. 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You need cover for rice. You can’t have only one specific cdm in the squad. I would expect to see Philips, rice and Henderson. That should be enough.  No need for JWP although I suspect he will select him as an alternative to Bellingham. madders should be selected instead of an extra full back or centre back. 

I know exactly what you're saying, but imagine taking Henderson over Maddison lol

13 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yep, just seen that. Can still get 4/9 with SkyBet though. I hope for his sake he gets called up but I think The Athletic have pretty good sources.

Which Athletic articles are alluding to that? Is it all from Matt Law's piece?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Let's be honest, this will be of no surprise even though it will be an utter scandal. He needs to be forced to admit its for non footballing reasons and expose Southgate for what he is. 

Thankfully thus will be his last tournament.

If Maddison is left out, if I was him, I'd call a press conference and say I'm retiring from international football "until there's a change of management as this is clearly based on non-footballing decisions."

Petty? Yes, but fvck Southgate.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

He’s not gonna pick him is he the absolute moron

No, he's not.

I got fvcking slaughtered on here for saying how useless Southgate is last summer and basically throughout his whole tenure as England manager.

Nobody has held him accountable. He's got a free pass because he fluked a semi-final and absolutely blew it.

The guy wouldn't get a job in the Premier League, yet people are happy for him to manage one of the greatest generations of English talent.

To leave out Madders would be totally disgusting. Easy to say as a Leicester fan, but most of the country and the press can't all be wrong too.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, he's not.

I got fvcking slaughtered on here for saying how useless Southgate is last summer and basically throughout his whole tenure as England manager.

Nobody has held him accountable. He's got a free pass because he fluked a semi-final and absolutely blew it.

The guy wouldn't get a job in the Premier League, yet people are happy for him to manage one of the greatest generations of English talent.

To leave out Madders would be totally disgusting. Easy to say as a Leicester fan, but most of the country and the press can't all be wrong too.

I'd go as far as saying he wouldn't even get a decent job in the Championship!

Could you imagine Southgate leading a promotion charge? Can we f***

• Like 1

Why are people so bothered whether he gets called up or not? Even if he does get called up Southgate wouldnt be giving him any meaningful minutes so it would be much better for us that hes resting ready for our return in December. Him getting called up for England wont make a difference to whether he signs a new contract. He will be gone next summer unfortunately no matter what 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why are people so bothered whether he gets called up or not? Even if he does get called up Southgate wouldnt be giving him any meaningful minutes so it would be much better for us that hes resting ready for our return in December. Him getting called up for England wont make a difference to whether he signs a new contract. He will be gone next summer unfortunately no matter what 

It would be nice for the lad personally. 

I actually don't really want Southgate within a million miles of him, I think his coaching would be detrimental. 

But remember last summer, when England were so shite and negative, then pressure actually made him pick Grealish?

Maddison could be the player to unlock sides and create something.

I absolutely detest this England setup under Southgate, verging on the opinion that I don't want them to win, so he gets sacked.

But it's a World Cup. It's the pinnacle. 

Just imagine a Leicester City player making the pass, or scoring the goal that wins it.

The way Maddison has been playing and the way he comes across in the media...his interviews are fantastic. 

Like I say, it's more of a personal achievement for the guy, he deserves it. And not many can argue against that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Floridafox said:

It just like the way Hodgson then Southgate treated Vardy. 

At least Vardy went.

What was absolutely unbelievable in 2016 was 2 injured players, Henderson and Wilshere, both getting on the plane, when Drinkwater, league winner and MOTM against Netherlands at Wembley, was left at home lol

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I'd go as far as saying he wouldn't even get a decent job in the Championship!

Could you imagine Southgate leading a promotion charge? Can we f***

I agree i can't see many premier league teams taking a chance on him. 

Somewhere like West Brom or Watford would be where he would end up.