Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

11 minutes ago, Hales said:

Madders just posted on twitter....

Screenshot_20230306_124725_Twitter.jpg

I love Maddison and really think that he is a credit to the club, but this is a really poor take. We did not have a shot on target against a side who had not won at home since August, it was an extremely worrying performance - you are deluded if you think otherwise.

The most alarming part of this is that I would consider Maddison to be one of our 'leaders' (if such a thing exists at Leicester) so you would really expect him to have higher standards.....

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

But he's right. It might not have been a brilliant performance but we did create enough clear-cut chances to win the game. On another day we could have won 3-1 or 4-1 and nobody would have complained. Maddison is just stating facts.

I’m sorry but if these standards he thinks are good enough… he’s not going to fit in well at Man City. Will be the biggest wake up call in his life under pep compared to this team (if he joins them of course)

Yes we had some decent chances, although the best one was from their gk kicking it straight to us. For most of that 2nd half we just passed it around the back, creating very little 

Edited by TMELcfc

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I love this.

Fanbase turning on each other. Blue on blue in the away end. People calling others out on foxestalk for not spotting this 3 years ago.

And now maddison turning on poor old tanner.

We're back.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But he's right. It might not have been a brilliant performance but we did create enough clear-cut chances to win the game. On another day we could have won 3-1 or 4-1 and nobody would have complained. Maddison is just stating facts.

We didn't even test the keeper. 

It wasn't a miracle performance that kept them in it, it was lack of quality from our side and poor play. You cant seriously say without a shot on target that we would have one 3-1/4-1.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

On another day we would have given up two goals because JWP converts his penalty. It’s not a very good recipe to collect points and survive in a relegation battle when we have to score at least two goals a game just to get a point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I love this.

Fanbase turning on each other. Blue on blue in the away end. People calling others out on foxestalk for not spotting this 3 years ago.

We're back.

All or nothing series on this season would've been interesting 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I love this.

We're back.

Haha we're as close as you'll get to Harchester United :D

4 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I’m sorry but if these standards he thinks are good enough… he’s not going to fit in well at Man City. Will be the biggest wake up call in his life under pep compared to this team (if he joins them of course)

But he didn't say that the current standard is good enough. He was just referring to the chances we created and the fact that we should have won. And he's right about both. He's also right in predicting that we'll stay up, by the way ;)

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

We didn't even test the keeper. 

It wasn't a miracle performance that kept them in it, it was lack of quality from our side and poor play. You cant seriously say without a shot on target that we would have one 3-1/4-1.

That wasn't because of a lack of chances created. It was because of some of the worst finishing you're ever likely to see. It was a completely different performance to the Arsenal game, where we really didn't create any decent chances.

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

I like that he's bothered by the tweet. If that's what it takes to get our team fired up, I'll take it. 

Exactly. Would we prefer the players read that article, shrug and laugh, or that they read it and are seething mad about it? I know which I'd prefer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't think turning on a journalist in the public domain is a very wise thing to do, whether you agree or disagree with their articles. 

Tbf this is the us vs them attitude posters wanted back from the Pearson days

• Like 2

well at least his heads not dropping.

The thing is, maddison is focused on himself… he probably thinks criticism is harsh because he’s still set up chances. He’s not thinking of the wider issues in the team. 

If tanners tweet had a final point of… but maddison was good… he wouldn’t be nibbling 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But he didn't say that the current standard is good enough. He was just referring to the chances we created and the fact that we should have won. And he's right about both. He's also right in predicting that we'll stay up, by the way ;)

That wasn't because of a lack of chances created. It was because of some of the worst finishing you're ever likely to see. It was a completely different performance to the Arsenal game, where we really didn't create any decent chances.

Exactly. Would we prefer the players read that article, shrug and laugh, or that they read it and are seething mad about it? I know which I'd prefer.

I'd prefer him to get his head down and demand better from his teammates and his sorry excuse of a manager