Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

17 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Rodgers went with Maddison over Praet when both were returning from injuries.

You can understand why given how well Maddison was playing before he got injured. But he didn't perform as well when he returned. 

Given his ceiling, along with Barnes' potential, you can see why he still wants to stick with them as the more games they play, the more sharpness and confidence they can build. 

He's sticking with Maddison again but at some point soon with Ihenacho and Soumare as high quality alternatives, he's going to have switch things up unless Maddison rediscovers his form. Also, Perez and Maddison in the same team against more physical sides like West Ham is asking for trouble. 

It was clear against wolves that soumare is a good player buy he needs to adjust to the tempo of EPL.  We need to start giving him and KDH minutes.  I think we are in for another stop start season form madders.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Not good for us when his form has been so bad that the national media are noticing and commenting on it. We need him to maintain his brand and be able to shift him for £60-70m from that alone if needed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not good for us when his form has been so bad that the national media are noticing and commenting on it. We need him to maintain his brand and be able to shift him for £60-70m from that alone if needed.

We had the BBC article last week & now the Mail.

He’s just not performing & it’s affecting the team./club, tricky choice, how much time does he get??  If they get a decent winger in places will be at a premium & Nach should be playing anyway for a bigger goal threat.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Agree perhaps we need to maintain his brand so we can shift him out in that price range, but he is getting found out. He is just not as talented as many make him out to be. His passing and creativity have been what he has been noted for, but he has never reached the level that Mahrez was even in his first season with us. His passing is always off angled or the weight is too much or too little. Top Talented players don’t do that consistently. Mahrez’s passes were often at the right pace and angle, but sometimes his teammates don’t get there. Maddison just can’t seem to get it right (yet).

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Maybe this will wake him up.

The right solution for us is that he sorts himself out pdq

He's struggling after coming back from a long time bad injury..

Instead of some being lary, he is ourplayet, how about encouraging him & supporting him..After what he had,you can't come back hitting the ground running,

but he will need game time...I would prefer pick n mix, where he comes from the bench, then starts for 60-70 mins.

Let's get off his back..including the others who are/will be coming back..

Barnes ,Castagna..also understand Rodgers dilemma, of trying to get selection to find a decent consistent rythme.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He's struggling after coming back from a long time bad injury..

Instead of some being lary, he is ourplayet, how about encouraging him & supporting him..After what he had,you can't come back hitting the ground running,

but he will need game time...I would prefer pick n mix, where he comes from the bench, then starts for 60-70 mins.

Let's get off his back..including the others who are/will be coming back..

Barnes ,Castagna..also understand Rodgers dilemma, of trying to get selection to find a decent consistent rythme.

He had a full pre season.

Maddison, when on form is the best player we’ve got in terms of opening up defences. This is why he plays every week.

He is also a massive confidence player, and needs to feel the love to perform at his highest level.

If you want to see the best of Madders it’s simple, stop giving him shite on social media and starts singing his name every week.

If he had a belter of a song, something that the whole ground would sing - like the Ulloa song or Ben Marshall. You’d see a different player out there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He had a full pre season.

But is still recuperating & struggling...I

Just because of what you said,doesn't make the problem/issue magically disappear...

Though a past Medium high Performance athlete, it took me 2 n half years,including attempts at comebacks,

then the eventuality of the 4th year tore through my dreams & aspirations,so I have a lot of empathy for sportsman in his predicament..I

One can sometimes turns up, But you just cant even bring that 85-90% you would be Happy to comprimise with ,just to get fit.

There is that Cliff-edge point of choice, Maddison is no Snowflake when fit, and can Swap Physical niceties when fully fit,But once Off it,

cant run with the physical side, to get through and offer a decent level performance. Barnes,Nacho,Albrighton,Vardy..could

But every player(sportsman) have different assets...

When fit, Maddison Brings those Top whiley skills, he reads space, for himself and for teammates he has that someting more

...hes worth us showing patience, having a small gamble over the next year. I for One couldnt give a Flying duck over his offfield Innocent  laddish antics,

Backpacks galore, timeout in Holiday destinations ( Breaking Covid regulations No), Nightclubs..Silly Media Snapshots who cares..

Any injured player,   has to wind down somehow,  these injuries arent easy baggage to carry...

Like David Beckham he still puts in Time and is concientious,when needing to turn on his football-responsibilties.

From some far too much crap immature noise, over Maddison's character...The guy has done nothing mainly  wrong & has more positives than most...

I Hope for us & himself, we dont have Another Eadie or James story....But that is for the future, now he needs time & encouragement...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree perhaps we need to maintain his brand so we can shift him out in that price range, but he is getting found out. He is just not as talented as many make him out to be. His passing and creativity have been what he has been noted for, but he has never reached the level that Mahrez was even in his first season with us. His passing is always off angled or the weight is too much or too little. Top Talented players don’t do that consistently. Mahrez’s passes were often at the right pace and angle, but sometimes his teammates don’t get there. Maddison just can’t seem to get it right (yet).

Which "brand" are you referring to? Is is his "see me I am rich" - "I do as I want" - or his footballing "brand"?

Nobody is going to pay us what we want for Madison and unfortunately I don't think he's as good as he thinks. Contemporaries like Grealish have progressed much further and even younger guys like Mount and Foden have surpassed him. Personally I think he needs to be benched, so that he doesn't think he's untouchable. At the moment his performances are irrelevant because he knows he'll start the next game.

21 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSag3VtOo2/

Needs to spend more time on his football, and less on his collaborations with boohooMan.

Another caught in Media noise,or this forum noise....

Instagram...social- media, thats a Platform for players, to wind down, to Communications outside their world...

They cant use These platforms to show fans with negative mind-set,  " look look ,I am Training now"

Managers like Brendan, would have them on the carpet, if any Player wasnt doing it where it matters...

I cant ,wont change your perspectives, But tell us all,what he isnt doing on the Professional-side of his life...

His Marketing side has nothing to do with you, or I...There he has nothing to be called out on..!!

He put his Time in to look after, less Fortunate children, not just once, but a few times...What have his uninformed , hate-campaign opponents,to put

on the table...> Also a useless question< because it as nothing to do with me..!!

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Perhaps many Leicester factories should be paying the minimum wage (or more) and adhering to H&S regulations.

It should be noted that many if not all of those who are accepting below minimum wage here are doing so while also claiming full unemployment benefits and everthing that goes along with it. These aren't necessarily mugs that are being exploited they are the ones exploiting the system. 

Let's not be naive here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

It should be noted that many if not all of those who are accepting below minimum wage here are doing so while also claiming full unemployment benefits and everthing that goes along with it. These aren't necessarily mugs that are being exploited they are the ones exploiting the system. 

Let's not be naive here.

Two abuses going on don't cancel each other out.

Nobody should be paying less than the minimum wage.

Let's not look the other way here.

• Like 3

On 29/08/2021 at 13:46, Dahnsouff said:

You cannot possibly believe he deserves to start on current form, surely?   lol

A trainer/manager has to look at the beginning of the season, to see if One of their Top players are featuring to form...

We as fans can in a komfortable Seat & now react After 3 games....Easy innit..

But then if you have been concentrating, you also notice, from our wrote ins, outside Vardy's goal, Nobody as turned-up...

Comically in this order the better players

Amartey,.... best-last man standing...

Thomas......a couple of wobbly moments,But still Learning & been Left dry,from more experienced Team mates

Ricardo...... ( but had his very avg moments)

Nacho........only a few minutes, But Great dart & move, to Open Space for Albrightons goal.General Play no Major worries

Castagna ...( a few minutes),

Perez... .......( who actually started ok)

Soyuncu......a Mix n Pik beginning,   with some Silly poor mistakes,But still with Good solid headers & interceptions

Newboy-subs...

< <<<Our Mainstream about here......>>>>>

I guess People Love a case, that Blinds them conveniently, to their own hero players struggles..

Being also silly....We are 3pts better off than last season, by the simple fact Maddison helped to created the movement,that helped us to beat a relegation

Threatened side ( Not für same side obviously) where last season we lost...

But Everything at the moment, is a puff of wind,with some fans Making unnecessary noise After 3 games, again with a plaster & Bandaged squad...

On 29/08/2021 at 09:42, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Dedicate his life to being a top class footballer it’s clear he isn’t as dedicated as others 

:dunno: no entiendo...What do you See of him in his/Team Training days,what Dont any of you understand about bis injury woes,& trying to Refind. That Match fitness...Again, if just 3 games..

Its though you have all forgot what injuries hes had ( Maybe still having)

Edited by fuchsntf

On 30/08/2021 at 19:22, Fox92 said:

Wish someone at the club would tell him to stop going down so easy.

.....the problem with that is, it works....!!!

It buys the team time to regroup, and takes away pressure from attacks coming from midfield, it is infuriating to watch, but when it helps your team you can live with it and you are relieved to get the call.

The notable culprit within the league is Grealish, you know he will go down on the slightest challenge and referees buy into it. Who at the club will say to Madders stop doing this, when it is obviously a weapon we use, and use very well.

Vardy I would have said benefitted with having Nugent within the group and not because he played alongside upfront. You do need someone to come and tell you things that you may not want to hear but if you are to grow in anyway, you will have to listen, and realise it is not coming from a place of envy or from family or friends, in order to pick you up because you are down.

I said before that John Terry has been a great influence on Grealish, he has done it all and has the character that when he speaks you listen, who have we got at this club that can confront Madders in that way.

There are clearly off the field issues at the moment, along with a persistent hip problem, and there is no point bawling him out for his performances at the moment, but he does need to take a look at where he is and get some advice from outside his immediate circle as everyone else is too invested in his game.