Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

People will still defend Maddison it seems, no matter what he does.

The reason his 'professionalism' is questioned, is because his performances are crap.

I couldn't care less if he was out all week getting pissed out his skull and attending orgies....Providing he performed on matchday.

Nobody cares about what he does outside of those 90 minutes on the pitch. 

The guy is supposed to be a 'Professional' footballer though.

He's got chronic hip issues, and he's out regularly playing golf....Perhaps the worst 'sport' out there for hip problems.

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

This isn’t true though. His ‘professionalism’ and ‘attitude’ are questioned way more than those of Perez, for example.

Every other post on this forum, in every topic, is slagging off Perez.

Only a Stevie Wonder tribute act, would think Maddison gets more stick than Perez!

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

You're clearly new to FT.

Vardy got stick, after joining from Fleetwood and struggling, and many questioned him.

Once he performed on the pitch, nobody has cared.

Maddison is getting questioned, because his performances are poor.

Nobody would care about him shagging some other bird whilst his Mrs is about to give birth, if he was performing.

Football clubs have had killers/rapists/woman beaters play for them, with no issue from the fans, as long as the players is performing.

When Mattock broke his leg against us, I can't remember any chants about him beating up women from the home fans...Can you?

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

Read what I wrote.

I read exactly what you wrote.

You somehow came to a conclusion that Perez's professionalism is worse than Maddison's....Without suggesting why.

Does Perez have a reoccurring hip injury, that can only be made worse by an activity such as golf?

• Haha 1

Just now, FoxyLeon said:

You somehow came to a conclusion that Perez's professionalism is worse than Maddison's....Without suggesting why.

I’ll take your claim to have read what I wrote in good faith.

However if so, you have failed to understand it to a quite remarkable extent.

I’ll try to explain - although it’s a shame to have to turn my pithy and brief original comment into something much longer and more laboured:

In reply to your claim that Maddison’s professionalism and attitude are questioned because his performances are crap, I said that this clearly isn’t true, because Perez’s professionalism and attitude are questioned a lot less than Maddison’s, despite a widespread belief that his performances are also crap. If what you said was correct then, seeing as the popular view on FT is that Perez is even more crap than Maddison, we might expect that Perez’s attitude and professionalism would be questioned even more than Maddison’s.

By the way, nowhere did I make any assessments of, or draw any conclusions about, the actual professionalism and attitude of either player.

TLDR: you completely missed my point.

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

I’ll take your claim to have read what I wrote in good faith.

However if so, you have failed to understand it to a quite remarkable extent.

I’ll try to explain - although it’s a shame to have to turn my pithy and brief original comment into something much longer and more laboured:

In reply to your claim that Maddison’s professionalism and attitude are questioned because his performances are crap, I said that this clearly isn’t true, because Perez’s professionalism and attitude are questioned a lot less than Maddison’s, despite a widespread belief that his performances are also crap. If what you said was correct then, seeing as the popular view on FT is that Perez is even more crap than Maddison, we might expect that Perez’s attitude and professionalism would be questioned even more than Maddison’s.

By the way, nowhere did I make any assessments of, or draw any conclusions about, the actual professionalism and attitude of either player.

TLDR: you completely missed my point.

It's simple....Fans don't care about professionalism, as long as performances are there.

There's less chat about Perez's professionalism, because we're provided less evidence that it is a problem.

Perez's performances for us, have been pretty consistent...Even if it's consistently poor. There becomes a point, where a player, just isn't really good enough....Or at least good enough for how we use him.

Maddison's performances have clearly declined. This is not the worst he has played since he has been here. It's also come at a time, coincidentally or not, where he's also got a recurring hip problem. A 'Professional' with such an injury, shouldn't partake in activities which make it worse, it's just common sense.

Grealish was getting pissed out his skull last year, and smashing us cars.....The England fans were singing for him to play, because his performances at club level were great.

If I go out on the piss on Sunday night, my boss monday morning wouldn't care less.....Unless it affected my work performance.

The reality is, I shouldn't put him in a position, where he even notices or can even guess I was out the night before.

53 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Read what I wrote.

50 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Every other post on this forum, in every topic, is slagging off Perez.

Yeah. But I've decided I prefer that to watching you two aggressively flirt.

59 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

It's simple....Fans don't care about professionalism, as long as performances are there.

There's less chat about Perez's professionalism, because we're provided less evidence that it is a problem.

Perez's performances for us, have been pretty consistent...Even if it's consistently poor. There becomes a point, where a player, just isn't really good enough....Or at least good enough for how we use him.

Maddison's performances have clearly declined. This is not the worst he has played since he has been here. It's also come at a time, coincidentally or not, where he's also got a recurring hip problem. A 'Professional' with such an injury, shouldn't partake in activities which make it worse, it's just common sense.

Grealish was getting pissed out his skull last year, and smashing us cars.....The England fans were singing for him to play, because his performances at club level were great.

If I go out on the piss on Sunday night, my boss monday morning wouldn't care less.....Unless it affected my work performance.

The reality is, I shouldn't put him in a position, where he even notices or can even guess I was out the night before.

This is simply not true. He was very much part of the group of players that broke COVID rules last season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Vardy got stick, after joining from Fleetwood and struggling, and many questioned him.

Once he performed on the pitch, nobody has cared.

Maddison is getting questioned, because his performances are poor.

Nobody would care about him shagging some other bird whilst his Mrs is about to give birth, if he was performing.

Football clubs have had killers/rapists/woman beaters play for them, with no issue from the fans, as long as the players is performing.

When Mattock broke his leg against us, I can't remember any chants about him beating up women from the home fans...Can you?

You clearly missed the recent meltdown about him hugging a woman whilst on holiday when his pregnant girlfriend was at home.

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....the problem with that is, it works....!!!

It buys the team time to regroup, and takes away pressure from attacks coming from midfield, it is infuriating to watch, but when it helps your team you can live with it and you are relieved to get the call.

The notable culprit within the league is Grealish, you know he will go down on the slightest challenge and referees buy into it. Who at the club will say to Madders stop doing this, when it is obviously a weapon we use, and use very well.

Vardy I would have said benefitted with having Nugent within the group and not because he played alongside upfront. You do need someone to come and tell you things that you may not want to hear but if you are to grow in anyway, you will have to listen, and realise it is not coming from a place of envy or from family or friends, in order to pick you up because you are down.

I said before that John Terry has been a great influence on Grealish, he has done it all and has the character that when he speaks you listen, who have we got at this club that can confront Madders in that way.

There are clearly off the field issues at the moment, along with a persistent hip problem, and there is no point bawling him out for his performances at the moment, but he does need to take a look at where he is and get some advice from outside his immediate circle as everyone else is too invested in his game.

He isnt been helped by the manager putting him in the limelight, Nacho was having a bad time, so he had a long spell out where when he came back he was a different player, I feel Maddison needs to be taken out of the limelight, there is other players to be picked instead, and when he is ready to come back, hip problem, his mentality, he might come back a different player.

Ironically Nacho who is now a better player, is probably not been picked at the expense of Maddison been shoehorned into the team, its a very bizarre situation, but this isnt unique to Rodgers, most managers tend to have players they want to invest in (their favourites).

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Surely all the players spend the same amount of time on their football as they're under contract with the club to train and play... and then it's up to them how they spend their spare time? Don't see why his collabs with boohoo are frowned upon - I personally think it's quite cool that there's a Leicester player plastered all over the London Underground, in what other era would you have seen that? 

Because a) it's symptomatic of his big-time attitude and b) boohoo have literally exploited the **** out of people in this city with their factories.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

He isnt been helped by the manager putting him in the limelight, Nacho was having a bad time, so he had a long spell out where when he came back he was a different player, I feel Maddison needs to be taken out of the limelight, there is other players to be picked instead, and when he is ready to come back, hip problem, his mentality, he might come back a different player.

Ironically Nacho who is now a better player, is probably not been picked at the expense of Maddison been shoehorned into the team, its a very bizarre situation, but this isnt unique to Rodgers, most managers tend to have players they want to invest in (their favourites).

A good man manager (which I believe Brendan is), handles every individual differently.

I’d say Nachos confidence was well and truly gone. He needed some time away. 

I don’t think it’s a confidence issue with Maddison. It IMO doesn’t need handling the same way. 

Whether Maddison needs some time out of the starting 11 for the good of the squad is a different matter. I’m sure we all have our own opinions on that. 

Edited by Leeds Fox