Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Barnes was a lot worse than Maddison today. Walker will not have an easier game all season 

Maddison was not involved after the first 15 minutes.  It's not a competition... barnes is now under pressure from lookman.  Whe  will ridgers drop madders and play nacho? Baffling.

Guest Col city fan

I’ve said for months I think his hip injury will finish him. It’s one of those niggling injuries that is very difficult to overcome 

He’s been garbage really for a long time and I’m fed up of Rodgers keeping on starting him

On 05/09/2021 at 18:06, fuchsntf said:

Rubbish..absolute nonsense...The Coaching team, Rodgers  will have created a Basic Platform & plan,individual

to Nurse their Top individual players back After Major injuries...We have seen hes Not yet Played a Full 90mins...

I think we cant do this in pl games.   Start madderson in the league cup.

Edited by foxinsocks

Takes too much time on the ball, constantly killing counters and any rare bits of momentum. Based on Rodgers apparently saying we attacked too quick, I wonder if he is just playing how Rodgers wants him to, as he keeps starting. 

Either way, it wont harm to play someone else instead of him until he has a really good performance. There's a good player in there, but in current form there's nothing special he is bringing to the team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Takes too much time on the ball, constantly killing counters and any rare bits of momentum. Based on Rodgers apparently saying we attacked too quick, I wonder if he is just playing how Rodgers wants him to, as he keeps starting. 

Either way, it wont harm to play someone else instead of him until he has a really good performance. There's a good player in there, but in current form there's nothing special he is bringing to the team. 

The most infuriating thing about today was not that he slowed attacks down by releasing the ball slowly (which he can occasionally be guilty of) but that every single pass he seemed to make in attacking positions was played behind the player he was passing to. That’s just as much of a momentum killer as putting your foot on the ball.

Not his worst performance this season by any stretch but a blind man could see that the team looks more cohesive with Iheanacho and god knows Iheanacho deserves a place in the team after almost qualifying us for the CL single handedly at the end of last season.

Been such a fan of his, but his constant weak performances are really affecting the team. I didn't want him to go to Arsenal this summer because I thought he would greatly improve this season and become a Beckham/Grealish figure but now I have my doubts... really making me feel sad. Said on Praet thread that if we had him instead of Maddison we would have had a better performance, U read that Praet, Tielemans and Castagne linked up really well in the Belgium game this week and complimented each other greatly because they maybe had an understanding of each other. 

Just now, escape2victory said:

Haha yeah always a lot of flack flying in Maddison’s direction, and rightly so, but Barnes has been equally turgid, and needs digging out a little 

I know but tbf to Barnes he is coming back from a serious injury. What’s Maddison’s excuse? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The way I heard it was we were playing the ball through to Vardy a wee bit too quick ..  different thing.

Yes - he said we were a bit rushed in attack. And that Vardy can't be expected to get on the end of everything. But I think he wants us to put our foot on the ball a bit more in midfield, and that is why he likes Maddison. I don't really agree with that, butI would hope that he knows more about football than I do. From my ignorant position we look so much more threatening when attacking quickly - particularly vs sides like Man City. But he didn't like it when we scored 3 against West Brom in the 1st half did he?

• Like 1