Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Yes - he said we were a bit rushed in attack. And that Vardy can't be expected to get on the end of everything. But I think he wants us to put our foot on the ball a bit more in midfield, and that is why he likes Maddison. I don't really agree with that, butI would hope that he knows more about football than I do. From my ignorant position we look so much more threatening when attacking quickly - particularly vs sides like Man City. But he didn't like it when we scored 3 against West Brom in the 1st half did he?

Sorry I thought he wanted us to hold for a second or two longer till the moment to unleash JV was spot on as opposed to whacking it straight up when he had no chance ..  I saw that happening several times.

15 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Don’t blame Maddison now as he’s been shit  for far too long.... blame the man  who picks him to play  every game

This, the guy's injured at the moment, he's not going to turn down the opportunity to play, it's rodger's job to recognise his lack of form/injury and put him on the sidelines for a bit. I think a major weakness of him as a manager is that he blindly picks his favourite and gives unfair treatment to those that earn gametime but arent in that bracket ie. Kelechi

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

Sorry I thought he wanted us to hold for a second or two longer till the moment to unleash JV was spot on as opposed to whacking it straight up when he had no chance ..  I saw that happening several times.

Probably - I hope so. I've slightly got it in for him at the moment... I'll get over it.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Is he?

Think he was seen last game pointing at his hip and complaining. He's definitely not returned to his pre injury level yet at any case, whether it's mental or physical he clearly needs some time on the sidelines to recuperate but rodgers seems to be the only one of us who doesnt see it

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Think he was seen last game pointing at his hip and complaining. He's definitely not returned to his pre injury level yet at any case, whether it's mental or physical he clearly needs some time on the sidelines to recuperate but rodgers seems to be the only one of us who doesnt see it

I reckon Rodgers may have an idea if he is injured or not. We can't keep using him being injured as an excuse for his poor performances. 

18 minutes ago, Hales said:

It pains me we kept Madders and let Praet go out on loan! So wrong.

What did Praet do that was any better though? He scored 2 goals in about 50 games.

Maddison pains me but I think a change of formation is needed. We're playing one up front, an aging striker on his own when we've got Iheanacho on the bench (last season's top scorer?), to accommodate Maddison and Barnes and both have been terrible so far this season.

I've always pointed out Maddison's numbers anyway. Got laughed at last summer on here when I pointed out Digne, a left back, and Buendia, who got relegated, assisted more.

4 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

I think he needs a rest physically, he looked laboured in the second half. Give Nacho or Daka a chance to form a partnership with JV. Maybe bring him in back in one of the Europa games next month..

I think that  based on todays performance there is no doubt who contributes the most …. Maddison is way off colour and yet some of Nachos play was sublime …. the way he finds space brings the ball down and lays it off was superb …. and always a goal threat.  !

I think Brendan wants Maddison to improve quickly but will now see that isn’t going to happen for a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I reckon Rodgers may have an idea if he is injured or not. We can't keep using him being injured as an excuse for his poor performances. 

He's played his favourites through injury before before they had fully returned to their required performance level, i dont see why maddison would be any different from when he rushed back ndidi, soyuncu etc. Maddison was seen pointing to his hip and complaining after norwich, im fairly sure it's still troubling him.

Edited by honeybradger

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I highly doubt a very expensive asset is being risked if there is any doubt about his ability to play to be honest. He just needs to get out of his rut of bad form.

5 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Trying hard not to hold Maddison responsible too much.

In the end, it's BR calling the shots, and as with Perez we should direct more criticism at the selection than the player.

Seriously, what with his obsession with playing both Perez and Maddison when they are clearly just not good enough/injured/or out of form I'm beginning to doubt Rodgers !..

At best he's a certainly a stubborn son of a bitch!!

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Seriously, what with his obsession with playing both Perez and Maddison when they are clearly just not good enough/injured/or out of form I'm beginning to doubt Rodgers !..

At best he's a certainly a stubborn son of a bitch!!

But you also don’t gain form sitting on the bench

I don't think he's one of Rodgers' golden boys either which makes the continued persistence with him even more confusing. He's probably still playing because he does have quality and the ability to make something happen and they are just waiting for that moment- the way he plays means if it doesn't come off he's being carried by the rest.

Iheanacho isn't perfect by any means but his all round game in recent months has been far superior to Maddison's. He can feel aggrieved not to start.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Vestergaard played a pass about 10 yards away from Maddison and gave the ball away in the process. Woman next to me says 'Maddison, move!!' 

Idiotic fans we have sometimes. 

He wasn't the best but nowhere near as bad as deserving to be booed. Utterly stupid fans who did that as he walked off. Never understand that kind of action. Ridiculous. He could be so much better but we're not so entitled that we start to boo him ffs. 

Had to watch on a stream as had to work today, didn’t hear any boos when he went off? Can’t have been loud ones? 

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

After nacho and lookman came on we suddenly were alive in our attacks, it feels like when maddison is on the pitch he is a ghost and we playing with 10 men.

A friend also told me he tends to put himself in places so he is out of reach for a pass.

Surely not, although I too have heard a similar rumour that there’s a video doing the rounds suggesting that Maddison is yellow.