Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

36 minutes ago, turlo said:

I have never met the guy so am in no position to question the Calibra of his character but for some reason this doesn’t seem to surprise me. I don’t know what has happened in his personal life, where his brain is at or what he thinks day in, day out but I would not have him starting as Matt is right. He has been useless for a long time and is more a hypothetical ‘what if’ on the team sheet than anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest the things the caller on the radio said are all things we suspected anyway.  Who knows what is going on but clearly something isn't right. Madders always used to come across that he lived and breathed football and was so excited to play in the Premier league. I don't get that from him now at all.  His persona has changed - his head is down.  If anything that is said is true then it isn't good for team morale.  The interesting thing for me was the 2 players he mentioned that this information had come from are 2 he is good friends with which leads me to think what the others players must think about the situation?  Drop him before other players want out of the situation of being kept on the bench while he continually plays. It's wrong. Brendan you are known for being a man manager then now is the time to show it!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Out of interest, what was said in regards to his character?

The link has been posted, but supposedly his attitude in training is poor, he’s shagging around, misses training etc… and the club were keen to offload in the summer. But I cannot believe the bloke on the radio actually named players where this info came from - that has the potential to cause massive disruption within the squad (although to be honest who knows he might have a detrimental impact already).

The caller didn't join the dots. And it came across as a tabloid hack assignation job. Bottom line is he's playing terrible football in a position that demands hard work and influence. He can shag who he likes to be honest. As long as he applies himself on our park and influences games. My feeling is that he has like many young footballers, he has got seduced by the razzamstazz. And he is just coasting on reputation. His game was about those 'special moments', the killer passes. But Madders is now discovering the 2 & 3rd gear are not enough. My worry is whether he has it in him to find 4th or 5th gear. Nacho to start and Madders to learn some humility and application.

• Like 4

I think there's similarities here to the Chilwell saga.

I remember being perplexed as to why Brendan was sticking with Chilly week in week out when he was the absolute pits. I said at the time I think it's not just footballing side of things, it's the business side too. 

If BR doesn't play his cards right with Madders we could easily wipe £30 or £40m off his value which in turn would play havoc with our transfer model in the future. Maybe he was always earmarked as the one to go next, following that big transfer pattern.

What helped with Chilwell was that he was regularly playing for England and opposition fans and the media in general seemed oblivious to the fact that he was punching above his weight big time. 

We don't have that luxury with Madders and I think it's pretty common knowledge across the footballing world that he's taken a massive downward trajectory. 

I think BR is treading very carefully with him to maximise future revenue. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think there's similarities here to the Chilwell saga.

I remember being perplexed as to why Brendan was sticking with Chilly week in week out when he was the absolute pits. I said at the time I think it's not just footballing side of it's the business side too. 

If BR doesn't play his cards right with Madders we could easily wipe £30 or £40m off his value which in turn would play havoc with our transfer model in the future. Maybe he was always earmarked as the one to go next, following that big transfer pattern.

What helped with Chilwell was that he was regularly playing for England and opposition fans and the media in general seemed oblivious to the fact that he was punching above his weight big time. 

We don't have that luxury with Madders and I think it's pretty common knowledge across the footballing world that he's taken a massive downward trajectory. 

I think BR is treading very carefully with him to maximise future revenue. 

I think we've missed the boat regards selling Maddison for a decent fee and having anyone's pants down.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I hold my hands up i'd have been the first criticising but looking back it'd have probably been a good idea to sell him at the same time as Chilwell to maximise and command a high fee. Man Utd were interested back then I think?

In the past when selling players we've all known we're having the big teams pants down but 'in the market' thats what had to be paid. Rumours that we were asking £70m in the summer Maddison was outrageous even in a massively over inflated market.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I think we've missed the boat regards selling Maddison for a decent fee and having anyone's pants down.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I hold my hands up i'd have been the first criticising but looking back it'd have probably been a good idea to sell him at the same time as Chilwell to maximise and command a high fee. Man Utd were interested back then I think?

In the past when selling players we've all known we're having the big teams pants down but 'in the market' thats what had to be paid. Rumours that we were asking £70m in the summer Maddison was outrageous even in a massively over inflated market.

He was walking out of the stadium with his baby in his arms which reminded me that fatherhood might have some factor. Then there's the hip. 

Hopefully things will improve - it can't get much worse!

• Like 1

Im certainly not naive enough to believe everything I read or hear BUT the things he said are things many have suspected on here, an example being the holiday and then having to quarantine.  To be honest I hope it isn't true as the sources are apparently players that are also good friends with Madders. Could be a little awkward.......

Whatever is going on something clearly is not right and needs sorting.  

What won’t help his game (and a few others *Grealish*) is the new lenient refereeing style. Those little jiggly fouls he was so good at manufacturing are no longer being blown up (I.e. our second vs Norwich). This mean all his slowing down of play in the final third doesn’t even result in a (poor) set piece anymore. So unless he speeds up, he isn’t much use in our team, sadly.

Edit: That’s niggly fouls, not jiggly… though those would be fun!

Edited by Phube
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Needs a loan in the championship at this rate going off his current form.

I read somewhere he hasn't contributed to a goal as a attacking Midfielder in 20 games?

That's awful stats and I'd be ashamed to take someone's spot into he starting 11 if that was me 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

Feel bad for KDH who has been professional, put in no end of work over the summer and just has to sit there watching every week.

Same with Praet, what they must have been thinking sitting watching Maddison and Perez given a crap performance week in week out, any way we can recall Praet early? His link up with Tielemans and Castagne this week in the Belgium game was lovely

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Phube said:

What won’t help his game (and a few others *Grealish*) is the new lenient refereeing style. Those little jiggly fouls he was so good at manufacturing are no longer being blown up (I.e. our second vs Norwich). This mean all his slowing down of play in the final third doesn’t even result in a (poor) set piece anymore. So unless he speeds up, he isn’t much use in our team, sadly.

yes the game has changed and his is built around falling over.