Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

17 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

He's clearly bang out of form and/or has never truly recovered from his long-term injury. And it shows. 15 games without a goal or an assist speaks absolute volumes of a player who is short of confidence as well. Abysmal stats for a playmaker of his calibre that we all know he has shown before.

Part of me wishes someone did come in for an offer during the summer, whilst the other part wants him to show us what he can truly do. JM can change games, he can win them for us. But at the moment, he should not be starting games.  

I can only wonder if Brendan has taken note of the smattering of boos as a sign that Maddison is just not performing at an acceptable level. Takes a lot to get booing from what is a typically-patient home crowd these days. Nacho and Ben Chilwell are two recent ones. The former found his form and the boos disappeared, the other cried off to Chelsea where he certainly started playing better. 

Sit JM down in a quiet room and see what is really inside his head. Because it is really not in the game. And again, it shows.

Screenshot_20210912_155158_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_1682006589678762.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

I don’t think he did. He sounds like a guy who desperately craves attention - are there any other sorts that ring a chat show - and name-dropped, without directly attributing anything. He said morning that he couldn’t have read in here. A sad call. 

He did definitely say where the info had come from. You can probably find chat in here questioning his attitude, but the guy claims it’s known within the club that his attitude stinks - that’s new isn’t it? Also when has it been said he on here he’s a massive shagger? Again news to me.

But for all that it could quite easily have been a hatchet job by someone who has an agenda. We’ve no idea who he was, other than his first name (which I’ve forgotten), his dad works with Albrighton Snr and he went to school with Choudhury (supposedly).

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

52 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Saw him in his hideous blue Lamborghini today in Nottingham heading towards Mansfield. Obviously no idea where he’s going but a bit of pointless info nonetheless to share….

Well I think we can safely say he's definitely out shagging or damaging his talent in some way 100%

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Saw him in his hideous blue Lamborghini today in Nottingham heading towards Mansfield. Obviously no idea where he’s going but a bit of pointless info nonetheless to share….

Was out for Sunday lunch at Lakeside… not that it matters lol 

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The thing that frustrates me with Maddison is how he has to over emphasise everything with his body shape. A simple pass takes that few seconds longer as we have to wait for him to wrap his body around it and that’s usually the difference of Vardy being offside or the pass being cut out. When the play gets to him it all just seems to slow down.

As I've said before he still has a lot to learn in footballing terms. If he worked as half as hard on the basics instead off his ego he could be absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 21:22, TheStig said:

Its not a one game judging . Maddison has been quite poor not only for one game but for months. So agree patience and plan B but in my opinion he is

not up to it at the moment and should be taken out of the firing line. He is neither physically nor mentally "on" and the team connot carry blind passengers.

Agree....

I said from the beginning, getting him back to Match fitness....depends on Team management, & see nimm Alternate between start & ca 60 mins,or

Bring ihm in from subs bench.....

Maybe we See just saying it, in different ways..:)

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I said in the summer that i felt like he was about to hit a brick wall with us. He's a good player who needs a change of scenery probably. Our first summer without a major sale isnt looking like a success at the moment, it looks like it's caused some stagnation in the team.

The club should hire you as an advisor mate, you really know your stuff!

His hip clearly isn’t 100% and god knows if it ever will be now, so I doubt a move away from here would change anything. I’m becoming incredibly frustrated with him and not sure where to go from here. 

Unfortunately we haven’t had the players available needed for us to switch up formations in order to drop him. Maybe we should’ve played round pegs in square holes rather than playing him but that’s a whole different debate. 

Interesting as to how BR moves forward with him especially when our squad is back to full fitness

8 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't know what to make of JM.  I keep hoping that the real Maddison will step forward next week and then the next week and so on.  I don't know if his head is right and if he is still carrying this injury, I wish they'd tell us.  It might dissipate some of the impatience among the fans.

I agree, but if he has either one of those problems then it's a complete mystery why a manager would still start a player in that condition. He's certainly way off form and it feels like Rodgers is picking him hoping the spark will ignite, much like you have said.

How long do we go on trying?

Edited by Vestan Pance

18 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I agree, but if he has either one of those problems then it's a complete mystery why a manager would still start a player in that condition. He's certainly way off form and it feels like Rodgers is picking him hoping the spark will ignite, much like you have said.

How long do we go on trying?

Until someone offers us £65m??.

He has lost his mojoe, when he 1st came his biggest asset was his running with the ball that has all gone he can’t even protect the ball any more , he really looks like he wants out ,he can’t be a starter on his current form, think he needs the riot act read to him . 

3 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

He has lost his mojoe, when he 1st came his biggest asset was his running with the ball that has all gone he can’t even protect the ball any more , he really looks like he wants out ,he can’t be a starter on his current form, think he needs the riot act read to him . 

His form is worrisome, but he's obviously got the talent still. We/I don't know the details, but it could indicate he's not where he should be mentally or physically.
I also think Iheanacho deserves a place in the team as well, simply because he carried us for 5 months and looks to be as sharp now. We just cannot afford to leave him out. Whether it's Albrighton, Maddison or Barnes that have to go on the bench, I'll trust the coaching staff to get that choice right, but Kel has to start.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Collymore said:

I think there's similarities here to the Chilwell saga.

I remember being perplexed as to why Brendan was sticking with Chilly week in week out when he was the absolute pits. I said at the time I think it's not just footballing side of things, it's the business side too. 

If BR doesn't play his cards right with Madders we could easily wipe £30 or £40m off his value which in turn would play havoc with our transfer model in the future. Maybe he was always earmarked as the one to go next, following that big transfer pattern.

What helped with Chilwell was that he was regularly playing for England and opposition fans and the media in general seemed oblivious to the fact that he was punching above his weight big time. 

We don't have that luxury with Madders and I think it's pretty common knowledge across the footballing world that he's taken a massive downward trajectory. 

I think BR is treading very carefully with him to maximise future revenue. 

That's the only logic I can find in his continued selection.

16 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Unbelievable that this Matt guy names Hamza and Sharkey as his sources, Jesus Christ

Tbf to that Matt guy, he said his mate works with Albrighton’s dad and his mate was the one who talked to Albrighton. 

Whether or not any of it is true, I can guarantee Matt’s mates aren’t sharing any secrets with him again. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

He's lost his mojo? Oh no.  Someone should buy him a Shaguar - that'll help, right? :P