Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We don’t know what’s going on with Maddison at the moment, but he’s clear struggling to get his spark back.

One thing is for certain though the cretins slagging him and Perez off every chance they get on social media are not helping!

What ever happened to supporters, err supporting their players! 
It’s really tough on social media, I recently started working with a bloke who played in the AFL, he was telling me after a bad game he’d stay up all night and read every comment about him on social media, and lining up a shot on goal the next game, those comments would all be in his head again. He was eventually released and left the game completely. 
I’ve said this before with Maddison in particular, if you want the best out him, sing his name, make him feel loved. The louder you sing the name of a player like Maddison the better he will play, he absolutely thrives on it. 
The more we get on his back the worse he will play. It’s quite simple - as supporters - support the team.

Personally I don't have a problem with people debating his form, but when it gets petty and personal it goes too far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Away Move said:

People don’t realise just how much insufficient sleep affects performance levels. It’s a massive change. 

Stop picking him then would be a sensible move surely.

Its not just that; he’s head is in the clouds with clothing ranges etc. Football is on the back burner for him.

That’s his decision, but Rodgers needs to put a stop to it asap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weller 7 said:

Spot on. This site (I can't call it a supporter site anymore) is fast becoming a bullying forum.  Some of you have obviously never played sport in your life because you certainly have no concept of just how important having confidence is. If you want the best from our players support them, not slag them off. There are way too many keyboard worriers out there who can do damage, that don't support our team.  Do what is says on the tin and SUPPORT our players. 

Agree with you that confidence is king, especially with inventive flair players like Maddison and I never have any issue with people who give 100% in life but come up short as we cant always be the best no matter how hard we try.

The issue for me and many others is those who don't "appear" to give 100% effort....especially when they are struggling for form.... and i would personally prefer to see Maddison stay out of the limelight for once and focus on his football rather than his lifestyle if it is confidence that is the issue here.

100% effort and dedication is a non-negotiable for ALL fans when it comes to professional sportsmen.

Personally, i will NEVER criticise Marc Albrighton no matter how bad he plays as he has never given less than 100% effort for LCFC on and and off the field and you cannot ask for more than that.....but im not sure the same can be said for Maddison?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still not very good.

No it's not.

But I seem to remember it took a similar amount of time for him to get over his injury when he came back at the start of last season.

What makes it more of an issue is both him and Barnes at struggling for form.

I'd personally give Nacho time at 10 and let JM find some form against weaker team's in the LC and EL.

• Like 2

At the end of last season, when Maddison was both crap and injured, and was offering nothing.....He was still played.

Praet had returned from injury, went on international duty with Belgium, played well and scored a goal.....He didn't get any game time.

Praet would offer more on the pitch currently.

Maddison looks like he can't even move around the pitch.

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Makes me laugh when people bring up brand-deals etc. 

Don't act like if you weren't in his position with that money on the table that you wouldn't do the exact same lol 

I very much doubt the club would allow him to get pre-occupied with it either - I bet he spends just as much time at the Seagrave Centre as everyone else does. 

We've seen two young players in recent times in Fofana and now Harvey Elliott suffer serious injuries that could potentially curtail a career. Thankfully, in the case of both it doesn't look like from early signs that will be the case for either, but it could happen to anyone at any time. You gotta make your money whilst you can in a profession that is notoriously short-lived. 

Stop being jealous, making crap up about how he "doesn't care about football" or whatever other reason it is to get on his back and get behind him: hopefully he'll do the rest like we know that he can.

I find it interesting that people love to have a go about Maddison and his brand deals and seem to just ignore that so many other players have brand deals and stuff they do outside of the club

We might as well get threads going on Schmeichel and Vardy as well, Kasper regularly promotes his brand deals and Vardy does no end of stuff (ALOTO, his academy, his team in America)

Or are they okay to get away with because they play well? Can we have a go at them for it when they start playing poorly?

I take the point re: having your first child, it's incredibly difficult in itself let alone before you factor in other stressors such as partner/wife suffering from PND. However whilst this is perfectly normal and may understandably be effecting Maddison's performance surely the manager/coaching staff must recognise the situation and anyone with any common sense would think to take him out of the spotlight for a while to allow him a bit of mental headspace whilst he adjusts. Having said the above, whilst I don't know his circumstances I'm not convinced the introduction of a child is the main reason for his recent form. 

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I find it interesting that people love to have a go about Maddison and his brand deals and seem to just ignore that so many other players have brand deals and stuff they do outside of the club

We might as well get threads going on Schmeichel and Vardy as well, Kasper regularly promotes his brand deals and Vardy does no end of stuff (ALOTO, his academy, his team in America)

Or are they okay to get away with because they play well? Can we have a go at them for it when they start playing poorly?

Yes.

Class dismissed.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

When he's won us the title, carried us through CL knockout ties and delivered in cup finals Maddison can have as many boohooman deals as he likes.

OR he can get and post about as many brand deals as he likes right now.

People just looking for ANY reason to have a go at him.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

OR he can get and post about as many brand deals as he likes right now.

People just looking for ANY reason to have a go at him.

They're not. Anyone having a go is doing so because first and foremost he's been shit and isn't doing the job he is paid for, that's the least tenuous reason possible. If he was turning up nobody would care about the other stuff.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They're not. Anyone having a go is doing so because first and foremost he's been shit and isn't doing the job he is paid for, that's the least tenuous reason possible. If he was turning up nobody would care about the other stuff.

Specifically how exactly are his brand deals impacting his football?

Is anyone actually able to give exact reasoning as to how his brand deals have led to his drop in form?

How is it related in any way?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Specifically how exactly are his brand deals impacting his football?

Is anyone actually able to give exact reasoning as to how his brand deals have led to his drop in form?

How is it related in any way?

Who said it was? Im telling you the reason people are having a go is principally because he's been shit on the pitch.