Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The criticism is misdirected. Maddison is struggling with his game , physically in my opinion , and is unlikely to just snap out of it. He needs to sort out his conditioning. Perez is a limited player physically and will probably never change. Yet Rodgers keeps picking them . If its so obvious to everybody ,why does he do it? The fault is with Rodgers and he should get the criticism.

Rodgers does get criticism. 

And Maddison and Perez will also get criticised for being largely ineffective. 

Maybe Maddison’s is less deserved, as most people know he can play, he just hasn’t performed for a while (for whatever reason). 

the fault is with rodgers he picks the team im sure if we would of gone with two up front we might of got a point or more , madders and harvey barnes need game time to get there form back but not at the cost of the club, also i would like daka and nacho to be given a start after all they are the clubs imediate future.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

In my experience, it's either kids that have only started following us recently and don't have a clue or it's middle aged and upwards blokes who have an inferiority complex about Maddison and Perez.

The glory-hunting kids need someone to scapegoat on socials and the older blokes don't like that Maddison and Perez aren't like the pissed up hard-nut, kick and run footballers that they grew up watching, despite very few of them even coming close in terms of talent in comparison to those two. 

I think the crux of the argument here is weather Maddison worthy of his place in the starting 11 based on form. And let’s give him a period so the sample is a decent one, of say 6 months.

The answer has to be no, he doesn’t. 

Business deals and social media would not be an issue with many I wouldn’t have thought, if he was pulling his weight on the pitch.

The fact that he isn’t doing that is the problem. 

Im not sure how you can defend Perez over the time he’s been here, or Maddison at the present time. They’ve been shit frankly.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Is he the new 'scapegoat' within the squad, now?

Unless the definition of scapegoat has been changed to;

One that is subject to criticism due to underperforming - then no, he isn't the new scapegoat.

Last time I seen or understood the definition of scapegoat was something along the lines of;

Someone who is given/takes blame for others.

Which as far as I am aware he is not. He is however quite rightly being criticised for long term underperforming, along with his (Rightly or wrongly) perceived attitude.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Must be frustrating for Nacho and Daka, both whom were in red hot form last reason to watch Leicester constantly start with this chump ahead of them. 

Nacho I can kind of understand but Maddison certainly isn’t blocking Daka from playing, that would be Vardy

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do think he could do with sitting on the bench for a game or two.

100%. Can't see the logic in playing him over and over and over again in the hope he might find some form.

Drop him, see if it gives him a kick up the arse and slowly reintroduce him off the bench to see if he can earn the shirt back.

I'm not saying we should drop every player the moment they fall out of form, but the blind faith we show Maddison is really damaging to our performances. The faith shown doesn't appear to be translating into motivation or confidence. How many more poor games before it's acceptable to drop him? 5? 10? The rest of the season?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

100%. Can't see the logic in playing him over and over and over again in the hope he might find some form.

Drop him, see if it gives him a kick up the arse and slowly reintroduce him off the bench to see if he can earn the shirt back.

I'm not saying we should drop every player the moment they fall out of form, but the blind faith we show Maddison is really damaging to our performances. The faith shown doesn't appear to be translating into motivation or confidence. How many more poor games before it's acceptable to drop him? 5? 10? The rest of the season?

It’s not a kick up the arse he needs. It’s a new hip.