Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

100%. Can't see the logic in playing him over and over and over again in the hope he might find some form.

Pearson used to do it a lot with players, he explained his reasoning on Radio Leicester one time and it made sense. Some players respond to a kick up the arse, others with confidence and belief being shown in them etc.

When I was out of form and the manger kept playing me I felt every game the pressure to do something grew, I tried too hard, thought about it too much and got worse. I didn't want to be on the pitch. I forgot how to play football. I eventually got left out of the first team and the pressure went I started to enjoy training again and got substitute appearances and like @Ric Flairmade reference to I got a goal and things started to get back to normal.

I think something along these lines happened to Iheanacho, Puel kept playing him, he got worse, the crowd booed him, his body language said he didn't want to be there but Puel kept playing him, It did him no favours and I really felt for him. Everyone's different but I can't help thinking Maddison may be better off out of the limelight and coming on for twenty minutes till he's back to his best.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

He just looks anonymous. There's no swagger about him or playing with any real confidence on the ball.

He looked to have that confidence and swagger back yesterday when he turned their defender inside out and caused the foul on him. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I sensed last night an attempt at least to revert to his initial performances with us, where he drew 'proper' fouls using his close control.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He looked to have that confidence and swagger back yesterday when he turned their defender inside out and caused the foul on him. 

That specific incident was what I was referring to. He used to do that a lot more in his first season with us, but seemed to get into a rut (indulged by refs up until this season) performing the admittedly less strenuous tactic of 'falling down a lot'

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

it looked like he'd had a foot up the arse, quality wasn't there but there was an aggression about his play that has long been absent like he has finally realised he is under pressure for his place

Thought exactly the same of Perez too, he looked to really put some effort into holding players off when he was in or around the their penalty area.