Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Id say about 99% on here (or maybe slightly more) want him to improve to the level we know he can reach ..  or at least be given a reason why he is so poor atm .. 

The same group are as quiet as dormice when he does well and yet post repeatedly in threads like this when he's not doing well.

They're the type to cheer when he's being substituted or groan when he's brought on. 

It's pathetic and the antithesis of support.

He isn’t good enough at the moment and should be dropped.

That being said, he was always going to be the weak link today as he just isn’t a right winger. If we hadn’t seen it fail before, you could potentially make an argument for him playing on the left (as he can cut inside) but he has nothing in his locker to suggest he can play on the right. 

Rodgers needs to drop him until he demonstrates something that suggests he should start. We have options in Nacho and Lookman. Even Perez might be a better option at the moment (if played centrally)

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The same group are as quiet as dormice when he does well and yet post repeatedly in threads like this when he's not doing well.

They're the type to cheer when he's being substituted or groan when he's brought on. 

Except he's hardly ever brought on because he nearly always starts. And when's the last time he did well?

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Think Chilwell is a better example. Seemingly the same yuppie mentality.

How we ever got £50m for him I'll never know. Warming Chelsea's bench as I expected he would.

Who gives a feck what he does now. He was good for us cost nothing and we made money. I would like one player a season like him.

We would then have more money to keep players like Youri and hampering the big 6.

So alls good.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As much as he should be dropped... there are people on here that are seemingly desperate for him to fail.

It's genuinely pathetic.

I don't think that's true. Some overreacting, sure. Guilty of that myself. But I think those (quite rightly) criticising him are hoping for some kind of response from him. He looks utterly unbothered by playing for us.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Who gives a feck what he does now. He was good for us cost nothing and we made money. I would like one player a season like him.

We would then have more money to keep players like Youri and hampering the big 6.

So alls good.

Only used him as an example to highlight my opinion that spice boys seldom make useful footballers. 

Grealish appears to have knuckled down and look at him now.

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Literally three days ago he came off the bench to huge groans. Predictably from SK1 and L1.

And that is the only example I can think of. Were the fans wrong? In the time he was on the pitch he trotted around at snails pace and we lost our lead.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think your not getting the people that are being honest. He really is not doing it atm. I don't think he is happy with it himself.

He seems down to earth and genuine. Then the fact his form is bad is not helping him. I would bet he's kicking himself over it.

But you dont think people should voice an opinion on a atm very poor player.

I think Maddison needs time out of the starting 11. I have no doubt he will come back, but at moment it’s not ticking for him. The team looks better balance with out at the moment. Lookman give us more balance. Bring in Maddison when we are playing better, initially as a sub, hopefully that will take a little pressure off him and help him get to the levels we know he can achieve. There’s no point getting on this back - it’s not helping anyone!

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Honestly,  id stick maddison on cup duty over prem league right now. He needs confidence and dont think his play is helping. He cant play through it..removing him might wake him up 

I agree with that. Play him at Millwall and the hope that something clicks. We know he can be a super player, but he is way way below par at the moment and he shouldn’t start against Burnley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Dont think he was THAT bad today, but like we've all been saying for weeks - he shouldn't start anymore. He doesnt create enough for player in a team aiming for top 6 and doesnt fit any position particularly well. The game was transformed once we brought on an actual winger.

Can still see him starting next game.

He was tried wide right today but isn't at all that sort of player.  Rodgers has tried to make him into a midfielder but for me he hasn't got the willingness to win the ball or to cover enough of the pitch.  I think his only position is as a number 10, which is a luxury position these days.  If we can get enough possession then, on his day, he can be a match winner;  but when he plays in midfield I often think we get overrun which is what has contributed in recent games to the extra pressure on Ndidi and the defence.

• Like 1

Asset value has been a guiding force for this club recently. Buy cheap sell expensive is supposedly what we do. A lot in here were talking 70 million for Maddison recently , based on what ? Rodgers is in a no win position, he plays him and he performs badly and his value decreases. He drops him and his value decreases. He is also on 5 1/2 million a year and Rodgers seems to prefer playing his highest earners. To the supporters that means sod all , you play your best performing players at all times.He is going to have to bite the bullet soon before we sink into mediocrity.

• Like 1

Drop him Brendan! This trying to play him into form has to stop. He isn't good enough at the moment and he needs time out. It's unfair on players in form too.  Lookman, KDH and Soumare should start.  I don't want to see his name in the starting 11 anymore at the moment.  He has lost his love of football for me. He constantly spoke about the games and looked excited to be playing but that doesn't seem to be the case and hasn't for a while.  It isn't good for team morale to persist with him and others that are not in form. If I was a player constantly sat on the bench and watched him get picked all the time I would start to feel very fed up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Think Chilwell is a better example. Seemingly the same yuppie mentality.

How we ever got £50m for him I'll never know. Warming Chelsea's bench as I expected he would.

their manager explained that chilly came back quite late because of the euros and needed to rest and that their other LB was up to speed for the start of the season.

chilly will get his place back. Tuchel really rates him 

Needs some time out of the limelight and maybe just give his body (and mind) a break. 

Looked like he was running in treacle for some period of the time he was on the pitch today. Something isn't right mentally I think and it's clearly affecting him. Maybe trying too hard, too much pressure on himself.