Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Genuinely think he’s completely crocked, rewatch the taking of the knee and watch his face when he has to get up.

I was quietly worried in the summer about the arsenal rumours that the murmurings/briefings were from us, trying to offload damaged goods. 

It's increasingly looking that might be the case and that his baffling continued inclusion could well be a club direction in an attempt to maintain his value 

It's very concerning for the lad. And on top of all that, he has the crowd getting on his back. 

Like @Costock_Fox , I think it's entirely possible that Maddison is carrying an injury. I wouldn't say crocked, because I don't think he'd be playing if that were the case, but I do think he could be trying to play through it, nursing and protecting it.

IMO, there's too much missing from his game for it to be purely a mental thing. 

Either way, I think he needs some time out.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Genuinely think he’s completely crocked, rewatch the taking of the knee and watch his face when he has to get up.

I wonder if we keep playing him in the hope he does something so we can shift him for decent money at the first opportunity. I got laughed at for saying we should take £50m in the summer, anyone turn this down now?

I think someone said he had the same type of hip injury as Andy Murray? I remember Andy talking about how whilst he could still (just about) run round the court, he needed help at times just to put his socks on. 

I know people are getting frustrated at him, but for me he's always been someone who has shown over the years he wants to improve and will work hard. It's clearly not happening for him right now, but I am sure there's no one more fed up and concerned by it all than he is. I do very much agree however that others need to be starting ahead of him right now. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I wonder if we keep playing him in the hope he does something so we can shift him for decent money at the first opportunity. I got laughed at for saying we should take £50m in the summer, anyone turn this down now?

no one in their right mind is offering £50m. 

Like @Costock_Fox , I think it's entirely possible that Maddison is carrying an injury. I wouldn't say crocked, because I don't think he'd be playing if that were the case, but I do think he could be trying to play through it, nursing and protecting it.

IMO, there's too much missing from his game for it to be purely a mental thing. 

Either way, I think he needs some time out.

Just now, Silebyfox_89 said:

Woefully out of form, looks a shadow of a player from last season. The lad needs to be honest and admit he's probably not 100% with his hip and needs to get it right.

Totally understand if he's trying to manage the issue but its at a huge detriment to the overall performance of the team. 

We cannot allow him to derail our season.  I hope Brendan has woken up now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Then Arsenal is the only option.

Like Perez , he cannot be sold in current form without giving him away. We can carry on without them for the time being until they pull themselves together. My biggest worry is burnout in Tielemans and Ndidi . We need to think creatively to give them some down time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Indeed. Hopefully Brendan has taken note, like to see Soumare/KDH start in a midfield three.

Me too.  Why isnt brendan curious? It could well be a revelation.

I have no idea what goes on on training...but the  measurement is what players produce in games.  Wishing it so wont make it so.... time to rest Maddison 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I've not managed find the footage but at some point in the first 15 mins Maddison had a shot from outside the area, which was blocked and straight after he bent forward with his hands on his legs for about 5 seconds while the ball was still in play. Looked like striking the ball hard was causing him discomfort

• Sad 1

I really like the lad but he's not having the same impact he had a couple of seasons ago - he's not reading the game quite as well, he's not as clinical. I still think he's a very valuable, very exciting player on his day. 

There was a moment, not long ago, when he seemed to be on the cusp of greatness: called up for England, the Prem's most creative player, better than Grealish. Its a shame for him, and us, that his promise hasn't quite paid off yet. Right now, I'm not sure now that giving him more and more gametime is necessarily doing him any good. It looks like he's where Nacho was a couple of seasons ago - we played him quite a bit but he was lacking confidence and edge.

Who knows what physical or mental state he's in, and I don't think his game is far away from a turnaround, but maybe he also needs to be competing more to get in the squad and maybe he needs a bit more recovery work. 

50 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Like Perez , he cannot be sold in current form without giving him away. We can carry on without them for the time being until they pull themselves together. My biggest worry is burnout in Tielemans and Ndidi . We need to think creatively to give them some down time.

Was a joke that Arsenal buy shit, I know we can’t sell him now.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe he looks great in training but currently lacks the mental fortitude for match day intensitee (tm) :dunno:

Its like he has been out partying/changing nappies/both

Been told this morning his hip hurt just taking the knee before the game ...  the boy needs sorting !!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Been told this morning his hip hurt just taking the knee before the game ...  the boy needs sorting !!

This isn't going away. He's the operation that can be done to resolve it... 

He will never be the same player while constantly carrying the same issue. 

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Looking at that footage above is very worrying. He is clearly in a lot of pain and should be sidelined immediately. Hip injuries are notoriously difficult to heal.

Begs the question, why didn't he tell Rodgers before the match?. Is he trying to hide his problem ?

• Sad 1