Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

50 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Was like going down to 10 men when he came on he’s so out of form . I’d have preferred Barnes to go off as he was looking tired and perhaps Daka on as he offered nothing and I think him getting completely benched and getting no minutes might give him the kick up tje arse he needs . 

It wasn't though.  Maddison played with energy and was looking okay.

30 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yes better but still not great . The guy loves to play football he’s said as much in interviews  and playing him to form hasn’t worked . Imo I think benching him and him not playing will give him the better kick up the ass he needs . I

of course I could be comp wrong .

Bench and maybe some mins will help. I don’t think complete dropping will help him or us. Maybe he did get his head turned a bit of becoming a dad has taken his eye off the prize or he’s just not quite fit enough/strong enough.  Only he truly knows. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Took it more as booing the decision to take lookman off.....

Was a boo at the design, then a cheer for lookman and then another boo when Maddison came on.

Pretty sh*t for the player when your fans give you that sort of feedback when trying to find some form. He was also so key to our two previous top 5 finishes.

1 hour ago, Kierzz said:

Was a disgrace how much he got booed today when he came on. I don't care that he's been playing poor, no player deserves that.

Fans need to get behind him to try and help him find some form as we really miss his creativity.

Not convinced the booing was for Maddison.  I felt the booing was aimed at Rodgers for taking off Lookman. However, did feel Madders took it personally, looking at the way he left the field at the end of the game. 

1 hour ago, Kierzz said:

Was a disgrace how much he got booed today when he came on. I don't care that he's been playing poor, no player deserves that.

Fans need to get behind him to try and help him find some form as we really miss his creativity.

I don’t actually think the boos were aimed at him though? I thought it was more aimed at the fact that Lookman was coming off who at the time was our best player by a clear mile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

I have no agenda if I did I’d be calling him a show pony or shit like others. He’s a top players whose out of form all  I’ve said is he’s massively out of form and did nothing hence the like going down to 10 men comment . And I suggest you look at some of my past posts you idiot as  you won’t  see me moaning regularly about players in fact  far from it . 

Well your comment was dumb and that’s what I’m commenting on, do you think I’ve got time to scroll through every FT users posts before replying to every comment on here lol if you say something stupid, expect to get pulled up on it. 

An attacking player coming on with 10 mins to go is not like going down to ten men. Jesus wept 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I personally didn't hear any boos for Maddison coming on, that said chasing a winner and Daka stays on the bench?

I was surprised he wasn’t thrown into the mix instead of taking Lookman off. Barnes looked absolutely knackered so I thought that would of been the play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Well your comment was dumb and that’s what I’m commenting on, do you think I’ve got time to scroll through every FT users posts before replying to every comment on here lol if you say something stupid, expect to get pulled up on it. 

An attacking player coming on with 10 mins to go is not like going down to ten men. Jesus wept 

It is if the player coming on offers nothing 

18 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I personally didn't hear any boos for Maddison coming on, that said chasing a winner and Daka stays on the bench?

I imagine Brendan thought our issues were more with us actually being able to create chances rather than our ability to stick it in the net, which isn't really part of Daka's style of play and you are more likely to get from Maddison (even despite his current form)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Was like going down to 10 men when he came on he’s so out of form . I’d have preferred Barnes to go off as he was looking tired and perhaps Daka on as he offered nothing and I think him getting completely benched and getting no minutes might give him the kick up tje arse he needs . 

I think that’s a very harsh assessment of Maddison tbh. 

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Your argument was nothing to do with Lookman or Barnes you said when he came on we went to 10 men. Above you’ve just said he should’ve come on for Barnes instead? 

😂😂 No I was replying to a conversation with  someone else  that said they thought Lookman should have stayed on and Barnes should of come off as he looked tired and Daka should have come on . So I replied with  my thoughts exactly as I said the same thing in the Lookman thread .